0.11.0b Patch Notes

"
The main issue is the message to tell all our friends and get everyone back to check out the new patch changes and the new leagues.

Log to check changes... jump into an area to test dps/enemy life changes... server crash... HC dead at 77. That combined with "We will not recover dead Hardcore characters no matter what..."

Dev told us to come test and even call everyone who'd stopped playing to do the same... we test... server crashes... character is dead. Over 7 days /played time. 174 hours put into one character. Selling everything I could, trading, building that one guy up. Gone because of checking out the changes, server side issues, and the policy against revivals.

The game is rolled back a minute or two randomly sometimes, but after a severe series of realm crashes caused by a patch the GGG response is "That sucks. Find another 170 hours of free time and do it all over."?

I think your fault was to try out the new patch with a high-level hardcore character.

You know that this game is in beta and the game itself in the loading screen warns you that "there will be bugs", so, when major patches like this come up, it's a bit reckless to try them out with a character susceptible to crashes, freezes, desyncs etc.

You should have used a default league character or a new hardcore one, so that major bugs, which can be expected in such cases, could not have had permanent consequences on your efforts in the game.

Next time be more wary.
"
Are we planning on fixing the fact that melee is worse off than ever before?

Your mad... my build is pretty much MADE because of this patch, woohoo!
IGN: Amel, Ameladol, Spock, ILoveUniqueThings, AmelPVP
I don´t know why people cry so much. I have a melee and he became stronger, but my ranger decreased. Then I simply rebuild her reading new passives and now is viable again... The reset of passives was there to do it.
Finally I liked the spark nerf because some people only with dual totem spark could do a lot of damage too easy. It will be good to avoid some multiboxers.
IGN: Fenix_de_fogo_e_gelo, Periguetescion, Ravvengar or Powerangger
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/379503
Why did you remove the hide white items option from the config ini????

PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!! The game is unplayable when doing big party maps. TOO MUCH WHITE EVERYWHERE!
I don't know if this is intended but the new "conditioning" node formerly known as "fitness" in the shadow starting area still got 10% life while all other "fitness" nodes has been reduced to 8%. I think that's kind of unfair, isn't it!?
Okay so I have a lvl 71 Marauder and LvL 59 Templar.
The Marauder is damage and live based and the Templar is a Tri Spork with Tri Curse.

So how is the patch for me.

Marauder:
Well my gear are not very good on the Marauder but like mid range.
DPS increase without changing by build is close to 1k on my heavy strike, now doing 6.6k (will still pickup 200% increase towards end game).
my life has dropped with close to 300 points.

So farming low level areas is much faster, as one do quite a bit more damage(might be even to much)
Using Glacial Hammer one can also see the increase of the the splash when you have the new health bar indicators switched on.

Taking on Kole , You know that big fat dude in Lunaris Level 2.
Now firstly he has always provided a big challenge for me as I do not have the life to take 2 hits from him, and as a melee Marauder is is always close and personal.

So after the patch I though well Maybe he would be hitting a little bit softer and maybe i can get pound him. WRONG!!! . Kole now one shots me and will provide quite a challenge going forward. Fortunately he is not a requirement to finish the game, or to progress to Piety.

Vote on Changes. Not bad. Yes I'll have to change a few things But at the level where i'm at it is a not that great impact. picking up a decent Pile driver and getting the Armour and Damage node i need toward late game .. I might be over powered to be honest. Might be able to get to 25+k damage (Only time will tell).

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEYXRiRGS4bUiECIVUhYCSLJScn7Si1KS4q9jH7Mgk5DjpSPQ9AoESyROdHfk3YUEdQUFYEVw1YY11JXz9gS2CIYSFhUmVNZ5tyqXTtdPF27ndieu97jHy7fNl99YFvhNmE74Zgh2qMdozPkGyZK548nrmezZ_LogCnMKkaqWiplKvFrKq53b2BxBXE9sbYyZjSIdSP2WHfv-8O707wH_Iv8932SPcy974=

The Templar

Well It is a spork build , I know It is a cheesy build but I had to try it.
So right before the patch I have had no problems killing the lightning resistant rock Titan (Gneiss, I call them Tiny's) in Merciless act 2.
After the patch I can see that there is less damage, but I think for the first time in the build it looks like there will be some challenges and not an absolute walkover. I do believe the Nerf is actually good and will make the game more interesting. It does look still that spork build will be still viable

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFLAVUBo4HRQkiyWvKPopTyynOVI6MDrYPQ8_J0GHRtdN2E5tT31YB1nzWitcDF3GYG1mnme9bPZuqnB9erh8u31TffWAVoFvgpuCx4uMjHaPRpBVm6GePKPypwinhKmVrJiuk7aGuJO8N8AazLfN-tDQ1BXVddrd3fPhc-vu7DjtIO5v8s7zcfTp99f60g==

So GGG, Personally I think a balance was needed and it is a valiant effort.

I do believe the damage for melee might be a bit to much, I guess time will tell.

Nice work, and Thx for a great game.(Yes there is plenty, that people still want, but it is Beta)

So overall from My perspective it seems to be a good patch

:)
"
darkjavi69 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw25JyZ7BMo

not bad melee, not bad...

but...but...but...MELEE SUXX!!11!
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
DrSteveBrule wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_sx5zfAU24&feature=youtu.be

Judging from this melee build. he is slaughtering everthing in 1 sec flat. lol melee is nice now.

I see a melee in a 67 map, killing things at the same speed my pulser, ranger and wander have been doing in self found gear.

A 7 sec Piety kill?
Dude (guy in vid), my wander kills her in 1.6 secs (including popping a curse on her).

I see no problem with the dps.

Nobody cares. Literally no one.
"
TuroviK wrote:
Why did you remove the hide white items option from the config ini????

PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!! The game is unplayable when doing big party maps. TOO MUCH WHITE EVERYWHERE!

What the game needs is a way to hide all the unwanted white items. They already distribute the valuable white items, so the code is there, just give the option to hide any items that aren't valuable.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Are we planning on fixing the fact that melee is worse off than ever before?

That doesn't seem to be at all true from what we can see.

From what you can see? My melee toon gained a little dps from the buff to multistrike and some of the crit nodes I took, but then respected out of right away to do what?.... GET MORE LIFE NODES! Buff melee toon by taking 1k life away hmmm now not only did I lose the dps I gained from the "buffs" to melee but I am now scared sh*tless of reserving wrath and anger on life with a BM gem, and I'm pretty much having to reserve grace at all times on bm gem and determination on mana just to tank hits. I know you could say get more armour nodes but I have over 10k armour before granites out of town.

And the nerf to ele adaptation and inner force hurts like hell too. Now even the fire dogs in docks melt my life away. I can't get close to a lot of things now in and out of maps... and that makes me feel like I am way less needed in parties. Oh look that melee guy cant even get close to do damage to the boss anymore...=(

The EK bear trap boss in maps almost 1 shotted me after patch. I used to have almost 5k life now I'm around 3.8k life without reserving any skills on it... I am for sure going to die on him within the next week unless I just run docks or catacombs for the rest of my life..../sorry for rant that is just what I feel like after playing last night.
ign HC: Ek_dank Acct name xDank

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info