Guide: SLI for PoE

Yes right now I am currently using Nvidia's latest WHQL driver 320.49
Under the "SLI" section I see different kinds of SLI features but don't see a line that says "SLI Compatibility Bits", am I just interpreting something wrong in the directions?

Also the version of Nvidia Inspector I am using is 1.9.7.2 if that makes a difference?

I am using GTX 670's if that too makes any difference to what I am seeing in Inspector.
Last edited by imsurgical on Aug 28, 2013, 2:41:47 AM
"
imsurgical wrote:
Under the "SLI" section I see different kinds of SLI features but don't see a line that says "SLI Compatibility Bits", am I just interpreting something wrong in the directions?

Also the version of Nvidia Inspector I am using is 1.9.7.2 if that makes a difference?

I am using GTX 670's if that too makes any difference to what I am seeing in Inspector.

If you think you're missing some settings, I suggest you try extracting Inspector again and make sure to have it extract the paths for all the sub-folders properly.
Ah great, now I can finally rape this game with my SLI GTX 680s and 4.5 Ghz I7 980.

Gogo 4x sparse grid AA! Destroy my FPS :x
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I tried SGSSAA back in the day and I honestly wasn't too impressed with it compared with PoE's native AA. The difference was barely noticeable and the performance impact was huge.
Yea youre right, it wouldnt be noticable in a game like this beaus the camera is fixed and there arent many mesh, grass of leaf type textures which are MSAAs weakness.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Well I just remembered to try this out, an I'm impressed with 4x SGSSAA in the game. I also tried 8x but there was no tellable difference.

As soon as I tried 4x I noticed that everything in the game was much smoother and pleasant to look at. I use SSAA whenever I can though and can notice and have gotten used to the improvement over MSAA.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Sep 11, 2013, 3:55:14 PM
"
bhavv wrote:
Well I just remembered to try this out, an I'm impressed with 4x SGSSAA in the game. I also tried 8x but there was no tellable difference.

As soon as I tried 4x I noticed that everything in the game was much smoother and pleasant to look at. I use SSAA whenever I can though and can notice and have gotten used to the improvement over MSAA.

I sent you a PM but i'll ask here too. Which option did you choose from the entire pull down list. There's alot so I just want to make sure I pick the correct one.
Running: Triple SLI GTX 680's
IGN: KayeOsse, Ryuukossei
Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/390077
KayeOsse's Ci Crit Ranger Build: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/471594
www.Twitch.tv/Fall3nLeg3nd
AA bits are not working after latest update !.

Anyone with a solution ?

Best Regards
Bump, last poster is correct the SLI profile no longer works after the most recent update (yes, I tried changing to the target to the newly named exe). I find it slightly annoying that while this is in "beta" still, nvidia refuses to make an sli profile for it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info