Guide: SLI for PoE

I had quite a few messages about how to enable SLI for PoE and since apparently the original post I made for it is no longer accessible, I'm posting it here.
Apologies for not answering all the messages, I wasn't around for a while :P

A short walkthrough on how I managed to get SLI and Driver-level AA working. Please note that this only applies to Nvidia GPU's.

1. Download Nvidia Inspector here: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html
2. Install Nvidia Inspector, run it, and go to profile settings.
3. Find "Dragon : MMORPG" profile and delete it.
4. On the top bar, click on the sun icon which says (on mouse-over) "Create new profile", make a name for the profile in the popup window (I.e "Path Of Exile").
5. Open the profile you have just created from the list on the top-left corner of the Inspector window.
6. Click "Add application to current profile", browse to your PoE folder and select to add client.exe
7. OPTIONAL Under the "Antialiasing Compatibility" line, select 0x0000F0C1.
8. OPTIONAL Under "Antialiasing - Setting" line, select the desired AA you wish to use for PoE.
9. OPTIONAL Under "Antialiasing - Mode" line, select "Override any application setting".
10. Under the "SLI Compatibility Bits" line, select 0x0040000D.
11. Click on "Apply Changes" at the top-right corner of the Inspector Window.
12. Launch PoE, go to options and disable the in-game AA if you did step 7-9.

That's it.

Please note, that the compatibility flags I noted above work for MY setup, but I can't be 100% sure that they'd work for everyone, so you might have to do a bit of trial and error.
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2017, 11:36:58 AM
Thank you for posting this! :)

I'll add it to the 'Consolidated Technical Issues & Guides' thread for ya if you like?
"
Henry_GGG wrote:

I'll add it to the 'Consolidated Technical Issues & Guides' thread for ya if you like?

Sure thing.
I've posted it before and so assumed it was still "out there", but when you changed the forums, the old beta forums became inaccessible, so it became lost.
I can help troubleshoot this also if needed, so just send an email for a prompt reply :)
"
Ashmyster wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:

Sure thing.
I've posted it before and so assumed it was still "out there", but when you changed the forums, the old beta forums became inaccessible, so it became lost.
I can help troubleshoot this also if needed, so just send an email for a prompt reply :)

Added it :D!
"
Under the "SLI Compatibility Bits" line, select 0x0040000D

When i attempt this step, it shows many options with the "0x004"----- prefix, but none of them end in a letter :O (0x00400001) (or tell me which game it represents if you know that)

Update: TY ash, fixed.

Last edited by maxyohax on Jun 6, 2013, 6:29:52 PM
"
maxyohax wrote:
"
Under the "SLI Compatibility Bits" line, select 0x0040000D

When i attempt this step, it shows many options with the "0x004"----- prefix, but none of them end in a letter :O (0x00400001) (or tell me which game it represents if you know that)

You can just copy & paste the number into the line, then click on another field (No need to click enter), and then click Apply.
Thank you for this guide, especially the AA portion! :)
"
Ashmyster wrote:
"GUIDE"

Thanks for the Guide! very helpfull! ;D
I just don't see the Sli bits part : /, saw similar solution to enabling Sli on the Nvidia forums also but it mentions this and I could just not find it :( even though I managed to set everything else. Looking at EVGA precision it looks like im still not utilize both my GPU's. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if someone could tell me if Im missing something?
Last edited by imsurgical on Aug 27, 2013, 10:52:39 PM
Do you have the most up to date video driver software directly from the Nvidia site? (not counting the drivers on Windows Update)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info