Just found out you cannot dual wield a wand with a dagger...

1 dagger and 1 wand T_T

Just bought this

and now I can't use it with
??

Aren't they both 1 handed weapons??!!

Why can't I equip both?

Mod edit: changed topic title to better reflect the reality. Witches can, of course, dual wield, and no class can dual wield wand+melee.

The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 27, 2013, 9:24:05 AM
Because the game is stupid. I remember the first time I found that out also, I thought it was absolutely retarded.
I am sure the reason is about balance or the fact equipped a ranged and melee weapon at once causes the game to shit itself. Nonetheless, very sad!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on May 27, 2013, 8:39:29 AM
"
tobes111 wrote:
1 dagger and 1 wand T_T

Just bought this

and now I can't use it with
??

Aren't they both 1 handed weapons??!!

Why can't I equip both?

because 1 is range and 1 is melee.
you can I believe dual wield wands or daggers, not one of each, because as Slyme pointed out one is ranged and one is melee
Last edited by iamsamsara on May 27, 2013, 8:39:57 AM
You can either Dual wand wield or dual melee not both at once.
"
Because the game is stupid. I remember the first time I found that out also, I thought it was absolutely retarded.
I am sure the reason is about balance or the fact equipped a ranged and melee weapon at once causes the game to shit itself. Nonetheless, very sad!

so sad!! :(!!
"
iamsamsara wrote:
you can I believe dual wield wands or daggers, not one of each, because as Slyme pointed out one is ranged and one is melee

but but...

they are both 1 handed weapons T_T

FML!!!

The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Their default attack mechanics different so maybe GGG decided to disable dual wielding range and melee weapons at the same time.
"
Ceykey wrote:
Their default attack mechanics different so maybe GGG decided to disable dual wielding range and melee weapons at the same time.

Yup. It could work, but making it so would complicate quite a bit the coding of all dual wield skills.
"
Ceykey wrote:

This basically, if you were to use normal attack how would it work? you would run up to swing dagger and then be firing wand from point blank? Idk I cannot think of a simple way to handle having a range and melee weapon active at once while keeping a single standard attack action keystroke.
Torchlight 1 managed it just fine.

Lack of wand+melee is a massive disappointment here.

If there's one thing PoE is missing, it's the concept of a true fighter-mage. Even the hybrids like the Templar and the Shadow ultimately pick one fairly specific path. We don't have weapon enchants or the like -- auras, yes, but they're not quite the same in my eyes.

And I don't quite know why. Even though we have Anger, I miss the sorceress' 'Enchant' spell quite a lot.

There was some hope that the 6th class would introduce real 'fighter-mage' style, and given its original name, 'Alchemist', I think there were plans for such.

Instead, and this with all love for my favourite class, we get a weird arcane assassin type who makes a decent caster, decent rogue, but definitely not a very good fighter-mage.

Meanwhile, the Templar, who is definitely Str-Int, should be the fighter-mage but in the end turns out to be better with things like elemental cleave.

'Tis an odd game sometimes.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info