Just found out you cannot dual wield a wand with a dagger...

Absolutely. I thought that was implied.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"

Necro? Why? WHY?!!!!!!!???????!!?

I 100% follow boem in this.
Finally a guy USES SEARCH and Dirkaustin decides to break the guy down (like he mostly does).

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"

So you rather have all one desync and one legacy and one SFL thread brought back to discuss something to death that has been discussed already more than enough?

That is exactly how it should be handled! There is no reason to open new threads about topics, which already have been discussed to death. Other forums have this as their policy, so why not the PoE forums?
"
muhomorov wrote:
"

So you rather have all one desync and one legacy and one SFL thread brought back to discuss something to death that has been discussed already more than enough?

That is exactly how it should be handled! There is no reason to open new threads about topics, which already have been discussed to death. Other forums have this as their policy, so why not the PoE forums?

If anything, old threads should be locked at a certain point and certain threads like desync, legacy items and such should be insta locked because its done, no one needs those threads to pop up week after week after week.
"

If anything, old threads should be locked at a certain point and certain threads like desync, legacy items and such should be insta locked because its done, no one needs those threads to pop up week after week after week.

I agree, as long as you only apply this rule to desync, legacy items and rng-rage threads etc.
Yeah, I was very disappointed too.

Hope they make it possible one day.
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
Yeah, I was very disappointed too.

Hope they make it possible one day.

At least you love POE thiiiiiiiiss much. ;)
Yeah I was disappointed when I found out. I was only going to use them with spells so the "issue" of if you move to melee range (for my non existent melee skill) or stand still and cast my spell. Either way, the solution is simple if you use both melee skills and ranged skills. You want melee, click to attack. You want ranged, hold SHIFT.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
"
"
Ceykey wrote:
Their default attack mechanics different so maybe GGG decided to disable dual wielding range and melee weapons at the same time.

This basically, if you were to use normal attack how would it work? you would run up to swing dagger and then be firing wand from point blank? Idk I cannot think of a simple way to handle having a range and melee weapon active at once while keeping a single standard attack action keystroke.

So don't keep the "single standard attack action keystroke" then. Make it so players have two basic attacks, ranged and melee. If they have no ranged weapon, they cannot make a ranged attack. Skills which can work for either a ranged or melee weapon will give the player both options if he has both weapon types, so he could left-click to do a melee frenzy with his dagger and right click to do a ranged frenzy with his wand.

In most situations, a player would never be aware of this: unless he is wielding both a melee weapon and a ranged weapon, he only has the one version of skills that can be both, so confusion would be very limited. Only when equipped with both kinds of weapons would the second option show up.
"
"
Ceykey wrote:
Their default attack mechanics different so maybe GGG decided to disable dual wielding range and melee weapons at the same time.

This basically, if you were to use normal attack how would it work? you would run up to swing dagger and then be firing wand from point blank? Idk I cannot think of a simple way to handle having a range and melee weapon active at once while keeping a single standard attack action keystroke.

I'm sure GGG COULD implement it, but they haven't. They tried way back in CB I believe, and their initial testing resulted in melee weapons hitting enemies across the screen.

EDIT: God dang necromancy.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Last edited by ciknay on Mar 5, 2015, 8:15:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info