0.10.8c Patch Notes

"
f0xx wrote:
Enfeeble + endurance charges + high armor was enabling you to survive that thing, but now Vaal just got a damage boost.

GG GGG...

I must have missed where it said "Increased Vaal's DPS".

I honestly don't understand why so many people are upset over this patch? The majority of players won't even notice the difference.
Last edited by Legend1285 on May 20, 2013, 9:34:48 AM
I feel like Enfeeble was the thing needing a nerf instead of all curses vs bosses. Now, the effects of other curses like the elemental ones become even less appealing. Plus, many builds revolved around the usage of some curses, and this just punishes them. If you want a boss harder, make it harder, not change curses all together. 40/50% is a considerable amount. As mentioned earlier, a 25%, 50%, 75% (as you increase in curses) reduction is more appropriate. Maybe even less than that. 15%, 30%, 50% seems more like it.

Also, a change to low-life lighting pleeeasseeee :D? If you want to be super duper cool, you'd make it so that players could customize the amount of lighting at X% of health in options. Everyone loves more options, and this is not some mechanic which "makes" the game. It's a minor aesthetic, which happens to make certain (low-life) builds way less appealing.

But, always appreciate any updates. After all, the frequency of updates in PoE is way higher than any other game ever!
"
karhm wrote:
"
astralgazer wrote:

Why don't you make it something like 25% reduction for the 1st curse, 50% reduction for 2nd curse, 75% reduction for 3rd curse, and so on. This would effectively prevent using more than 2 curses.

that's just incredibly smart, GGG should apply this ASAP

Awesome thought! Can we get you on the Dev team as apparently they are too busy with other things to think through how this will impact many many builds or players.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
"
astralgazer wrote:
The nerfing of curses on bosses does seem like a stuff from pay to win games. I have a dual totem witch, intended to go dual curses for the end game, and I can attest that without ubergears, the dual curses will have you sacrifice much in other nodes. If GGG wants to make the game harder for those already have ubergears, than it's not fair for the rest. Especially for classes who don't have access to Whispers of Doom, or that unique ring that gives 1 additional curse.

Why don't you make it something like 25% reduction for the 1st curse, 50% reduction for 2nd curse, 75% reduction for 3rd curse, and so on. This would effectively prevent using more than 2 curses.

As a mostly solo player, I would rather have something like this take effect.

First curse on main act bosses have a 10% reduced effect. Second curse has a 40% reduced effect. The third curse has a 75% reduced effect.

When there are more players in the party, the application of the curse is further reduced by the number of players. 10% with full 6-player party becomes 35%. (5 extra players * -5%). 2nd curse has a 65% reduced effect (-40% + -25%), and so on.

This change will mostly hurt solo players the most, and I can't really see this change working for the majority of the playerbase.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on May 20, 2013, 9:37:33 AM
"
Legend1285 wrote:
"
f0xx wrote:
Enfeeble + endurance charges + high armor was enabling you to survive that thing, but now Vaal just got a damage boost.

GG GGG...

I must have missed where it said "Increased Vaal's DPS".

I honestly don't understand why so many people are upset over this patch? The majority of players won't even notice the difference.

I will tell you why - because the best defence in this game is to be ranged.

Melees are screwed. This change screws them even more. Desync + heavy 1 hit attacks makes it nearly impossible to play, and now a major defence just got nerfed.

Guess I should go back to my LA ranger.... build diversity ftw.
"
astralgazer wrote:
The nerfing of curses on bosses does seem like a stuff from pay to win games. I have a dual totem witch, intended to go dual curses for the end game, and I can attest that without ubergears, the dual curses will have you sacrifice much in other nodes. If GGG wants to make the game harder for those already have ubergears, than it's not fair for the rest. Especially for classes who don't have access to Whispers of Doom, or that unique ring that gives 1 additional curse.

I like the way you think
"
f0xx wrote:
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.

What was the reasoning behind this change?

I am interested in hearing it as well.

It's not like we didn't have the rank 1 on HC ladder (Kerkrom) die to a Vaal smash. They really want to make that think insta-kill.

GG GGG...

I honestly believe having an enemy that can one-shot the majority of players is a very poor design choice in a game so plagued with desync issues. It just creates another scenario for deaths beyond player control.
will go slower to kill bosses with massnegative resists :( , and them fireres bosses gonna be a pain in the ass
Sucks to be a cold witch.
Sounds like solo melee just got a bunch more difficult. Yikes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info