Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

"
pablonaz wrote:
with chaos resis = 0% is enougth to end game? high maps? (70+)

So few mobs actually do dangerous amounts of chaos damage even in higher maps. Ofc, the more the better, but you try to get at least above zero.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
For those getting that last little bit of mana to cast tempest shield. I took two points and went into one of the mana reservation nodes for now. When I got that I was then able to run wrath, disc, grace on life and then I run hatred, vitality, purity, and tempest on mana. I did this on a lvl 16 reduce mana gem.

Not sure when I will respec out of the 5% less mana reservation. More than likely when reduced mana gem hits 18. It's sitting at 17 atm and leaves me enough mana to cast enduring cry and leap when needed.
Last edited by rahven32 on Jun 25, 2013, 10:40:25 PM
Very very cool guide. I think I may well try one of these! I like the colors and way you present the build. Maybe you could make one for other classes and builds?

thank you again for the build detail and depth,
Death Corpse Killer
My good friend Beng loaned me a bringer of rain to finally get my greedy hands on. After farting around with it and thinking as hard as I could while being slightly intoxicated (only slightly) I have come to the conclusion that BOR is good for those that cannot afford a good 6L chest. Obvious right?

But here is the part that surprised me. It really doesn't support the build well at all. I was able to drop 10% block chance which would have been 4 passives. But this also cost me a great deal of resists which I have no way to make up other than passives. I lost 1.8k dps, not really a big deal to me.

The proc on endurance charges was pretty random and sparse. I had figured with 75% block even the 10% chance on block would keep those charges rolling full time, but I was unable to keep a 3 stack unless I manually refreshed. The blind is wasted on this build, and on top of that I began to think about blind and the 10% chance on block to gain a charge, and came to a startling conclusion.

The blind actually appears to be counter-productive to the helms proc. So even if I were to drop US, the charge on block aspect of the helm would be almost useless. If mobs are blind, they will rarely hit you, thus you will rarely block and rarely gain end charges. 25% chance for mobs to hit you, and 75% chance of that 25% chance that you will block it, and 10% chance of that number that you will gain an end charge. I am no math wiz, but I see a very low proc chance here.

In conclusion, it is a neat item and a decent way to start the build, but it will NEVER compare to a well rolled 6L chest and helm. I also forgot to mention the difficultly of finding gem slots to run everything.

My 2 cents after finally getting to try one on. Thanks to Beng for borrowing me his.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 26, 2013, 12:36:45 AM
On my onslaught attempt #2 I finally managed to buy one after a week of spamming trade and forums!

I'm not going to lie level's 60-70 were very dangerous without it. And i really wondered why I was doing this on onslaught. Didin't really understand the convent trick until I tried it. But it really makes this build even better. I'm very happy with the build and I think I'm starting to learn how to play it a bit better. I just have to remember that the shield doesn't make you invincible even though it might seem like it.

I'm in the process of trying to get away from -60% chaos resist. But dear god this is going to take awhile.

Oh and personally if your solo farming like I did in act2 merci. I found chamber of sins level 1 way much safer and quicker than felshrine. Just don't bother with the unique mob in the middle. He's kinda easy but he can sneak up you.

For anyone wondering, sitting at I think around 3.5k life capped resist (-60% chaos ). 2.9k dps ( using a level 45 weapon haha )

If I didin't chance a dream fragments though, this build would of been so much harder.
@BokheimOP 91 Witch HC
twitch.tv/nofanau
Congrats dood!

You are SO right about remembering your not truly immortal. You will feel like it 99% of the time, but if you let yourself get too cocky (like I have done sooo many times) you will get a nasty surprise eventually. Be extremely wary of elemental damage and keep your resists capped always.
DISCLAIMER!
On the subject of resists capped... I finally recovered from the 0.11.0 nerf and have achieved enough resists to stay capped even during ele weakness curse. For those that are interested, here is my gear (will update guide).
Spoiler
DISCLAIMER!
ok so little update,currently lvl 70,was still farming dock easily and pretty fast and tried few map.....first 2 wasnt to bad,later tried a grotto with easy map mod (inc pack/maze) and it was totaly horrible.i enter in map and what did i see?yep an exile directly in the entrance,viper strike/sheild charge/vulnerability,had to run away from him and did the map without killing him,end up dying 1 time in the map.second map,tried dune,easy map mods,map was going fine but dune boss....forget that he like 2 shot me on second form with my 3 endu charge up +granite....

im at 63% block and 39% spell block and i feel like its way lower then that sometime.mobs hiting me 90% of the time.bear i was fighting in grotto seem to ingnore most of my block and was hiting me almost all the time and with my current armor...they hurt as fuck.....

overall,bad experience in map so far and i guess il need to stick with act3 farming till i get aegis aurora and probably overall better gear :(

The viper strike exile is horrible to face with this build I have noticed. Of course I tend to get him 3 to 1 on exiles. It's like the game know's I have trouble with him lol.

I still have -60 chaos resists is probably the reason he owns me. Not sure how I'd deal with him in a map if I ever ran into him. What I do in non map area's is drag him to a zone and just zone out when the dot becomes to much.
Hello!

I have start a new Duelist in Anarchy and decide to play a tanky one which use Infernal blow. Then I find your guide and decided to adapt it!

But I am now at the end of act 3 in merciless and have a really hard time to tank so I come here with the hope to get some advice...

My character is a level 66 Duelist. He has 2200 hp, 300 energy shield, 4600 armor, 47% chance to block, 75%/34%/75%/-26% resistance and a low 1250 dps.
I am currently only using hatred, discipline and grace as aura because I don't have covenant. And since I have heard that the "blood magic" trick will be nerfed, I am not sure to buy one ...

Here is my current skill tree :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecEswUtDq0UIBRNGNsZLhoyGjgaVSFgJ-0otSmlMgkyiTboQKBDnEd-T31QR1FgU99XDVfiWNtZ81uvYEtgiGEhYVJko2VNZp5uaXKpdO108Xbnd-V673zZgFaDOITZhO-QCpBVmSubg565ns2fy6IApzCnhKmVq8Wsqqyvud29gb6nwA_AGsS40iHSTdSP1fjZYd0N51LsOO8O707vfPIv974=

And my gear :

I know that beside my Aegis Aurora, my gear is really not that great, but I already have huge difficulty when tanking in "barracks" act 3 ...
I don't know what to do, what passive points change or on which stats on gear focus...
If someone has some tips or advice, that will be great!

Last edited by Gilhyan on Jun 26, 2013, 1:26:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info