Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

"
Dragon585 wrote:
"
zakariusqc wrote:
Spoiler

for the vaal smash i didnt know it was considerate as a spell..kind of strange.i have 26% spell block from the unique ammy so i understand i didnt block any if bad rng.for the beam dont worry i know i can dodge it by mouving...i avoid most of them but when you fight adds and vaal is offscreen....you usualy take the first beam most of the time.i only died once to beam....first hit+1 shock,second hit also dunno why and instant 3 shock and die...

using the reduce mana from healm to my grace on weapon.i just bought a convenant chest that i should be able to use next lvl with anger/wrath so should help for dps.i use grace/vit/purity/hatred currently,cant use tempest sheild.

current stats.1386 dps/77 fire and cold res,73 light/52% block 26% spell block/2414 hp before aura/3267 armor (44% dmg reduction) -29% chaos res

my gear isnt that awsome.having really really bad rng currently.on anarchy so far i havent found a single exalte and like 1 gcp and that by playing a character to lvl 78 and this one is currently 61.most gear i find arent great also and when they are,they always miss something that make me unable to use them.socket/link is a big problem also.each time i find better gear its always a 1-2 socket....and im having bad time to fuse gear so far so i mostly stick with what i use now....

like i said,i dont have much trouble again mods or progressing its just that vaal merciless was truly a pain and it was the first time i had so much trouble to kill him.the lack of dps is pretty horrible again 1 vs 1 boss.its also a pain again mobs that kite like mage skeleton or archer,they spread out so melee splash dont touch other and take age to kill,even worste again those with energye sheild....i burn their ES and they start to kite and regen.....i usualy just skip them now....

Hey man,
everything looks ok. You aren't doing anything wrong, it appears that you just need to get some dps auras going and possibly get your 5L if you can. I can sympathize with the bad luck with drops. Contrary to what so many people think, I am quite poor in game. It has taken me several months to get where I am and most days were spent farming mindlessly for hours.

Hang in there. The build is an absolute joy to play when it is ready. Gear, level, and gems all need to be in order to get the results you see in the video. I am sure you know that, I just hope you don't give up before you get to experience how fun it truly is.

ok thx.yea i guess i only need to gear up more,get all my aura to increase my dps.this build definitly look awsome but truly shine when proper gear and good lvl.i will definitly stick with it since i enjoy it so far exepte mabey for the dps but it will get better :P im near the end of act3 so the grind/farm will start soon and it will start to get more interesting.i also had pretty hard time with my main until i get the gear,melee is really gear dependant but in the end,it worth it :)

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jun 24, 2013, 11:46:49 PM
Hey, I edited that post and I wasn't sure if you had seen it so I will repost it.

edit: I just realized you are playing in the new league. That changes a lot. I have complete sympathy for your situation. I recently failed HARD at trying my own build from scratch with no gear or currency to twink the process. It sucked, and you are doing extremely well considering.

For vaal, it was suggested by someone that you can switch out Infernal blow with Lightning Strike and attack from range. Ofc, you will need to ditch splash but MS synergizes really well with lightning strike from what I hear so you would prob want to keep that. Sorry this information came after you had to struggle with vaal so much. I will definitely update the leveling guide to reflect this.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
Dragon585 wrote:
Hey, I edited that post and I wasn't sure if you had seen it so I will repost it.

edit: I just realized you are playing in the new league. That changes a lot. I have complete sympathy for your situation. I recently failed HARD at trying my own build from scratch with no gear or currency to twink the process. It sucked, and you are doing extremely well considering.

For vaal, it was suggested by someone that you can switch out Infernal blow with Lightning Strike and attack from range. Ofc, you will need to ditch splash but MS synergizes really well with lightning strike from what I hear so you would prob want to keep that. Sorry this information came after you had to struggle with vaal so much. I will definitely update the leveling guide to reflect this.

-Dragon

np man.vaal was pretty hard but i made it so its all fine.im currently lvling in dock till i get few lvl,mabey better gear and finish act 3.im currently able to use all the % aura with tempest sheild now so this might help a bit.i hope il find some good thing to be able to buy a aegis aurora :)

yea im currently in anarchy starting from nothing so its a bit harder but this is not my first character on anarchy.i have a lvl 78 phy cleaver so i still had some backup gear that helped me a bit and some currency.i was planning to make this phy cleaver my main since i tought it will end up better then my main on standard but wasnt as good has i planned and after few change on my main,it ended up like i wanted.

i have fate on this build and i saw how good it can be.just need some more work and patience to make it shine :)

between for the last part of your passive guide (100 pts tree) what do you suggest to take first?grab that divine toughtness first then working on sheild block?should take that blood drinker nods soon or better take later since it probably wont leech much with that low dps.grabing lava lash early?would like your opinion on the priority of those passive.

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jun 25, 2013, 2:30:15 AM
I am reading through the various problems that people seem to have with this build and the common thing that I notice is that you all fail to see one important factor.

You cannot cut corners. I sympathize with players in the new leagues, but this build NEEDS gear. There aren't really any "quick fixes". You absolutely need Stone of Lazar, Aegis Aurora AND a 6 link. On top of that you need (especially after the last patch) tons of health on all your gear.

It is not a cheap build. Itemisation for it is, really and truly, a bitch. It doesn't work with anything less than Dragon has mentioned.

Aim for all the above and you will be greatly rewarded. Hate to say it like this, but it is not the build's fault you are failing but your gear's.
"
zakariusqc wrote:

between for the last part of your passive guide (100 pts tree) what do you suggest to take first?grab that divine toughtness first then working on sheild block?should take that blood drinker nods soon or better take later since it probably wont leech much with that low dps.grabing lava lash early?would like your opinion on the priority of those passive.

I would grab Blood Drinker now if your up to merci docks. Followed by all the hp nodes, then block nodes. On the subject of how powerful this little node can be in combination of 2% on gloves and 2lgoh on each ring, I just ran a lvl 70 map with stasis mod (cannot regen life or mana) and didn't swap in my LL gem. It was actually pretty easy. Had to pot once, but aside from that my 5lgoh and 4% physical leech was enough to cover my mana cost for IB AND heal me.

The great thing about building super defensive, it doesn't take a ton of leech to sustain you.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 25, 2013, 3:38:54 AM
"
Dragon585 wrote:
"
zakariusqc wrote:

I would grab Blood Drinker now if your up to merci docks. Followed by all the hp nodes, then block nodes. On the subject of how powerful this little node can be in combination of 2% on gloves and 2lgoh on each ring, I just ran a lvl 70 map with stasis mod (cannot regen life or mana) and didn't swap in my LL gem. It was actually pretty easy. Had to pot once, but aside from that my 5lgoh and 4% physical leech was enough to cover my mana cost for IB AND heal me.

The great thing about building super defensive, it doesn't take a ton of leech to sustain you.

ok thx

for the leech keep in mind that you have pretty good dps currently.leech is more effective when you have good phy dmg and with my 1600 dps currently that come from elemental dmg mostly,probably wont be that effective.il still grab it and see.you got a point about we dont need much leech to make a good difference on this build since we dont take much dmg :)

p.s:hehe first aegis aurora just appeared on poe.xyz (anarchy).lets hope no one will bid on it. offered 1 pure exalte for it lol.the stats are trash (10% ele dmg....) but i can just divine it (got one in my stash hehe).

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jun 25, 2013, 3:54:25 AM
"
Sigmour wrote:
I am reading through the various problems that people seem to have with this build and the common thing that I notice is that you all fail to see one important factor.

You cannot cut corners. I sympathize with players in the new leagues, but this build NEEDS gear. There aren't really any "quick fixes". You absolutely need Stone of Lazar, Aegis Aurora AND a 6 link. On top of that you need (especially after the last patch) tons of health on all your gear.

It is not a cheap build. Itemisation for it is, really and truly, a bitch. It doesn't work with anything less than Dragon has mentioned.

Aim for all the above and you will be greatly rewarded. Hate to say it like this, but it is not the build's fault you are failing but your gear's.

The thing is, this is true for just about any build. If you want to succeed past lvl60 or so, you need good gear. Anyone who states a build isn't dependent on gear is full of shit. Not only is a 5-link a necessity, but you need to roll good stats as well. Same goes with with everything else.

Part of the problem, is that if you are playing SC, prices are becoming OUTRAGEOUS for even normal items. People wanting 2ex for an average 5L chest, etc. As much as I love this game, I'm feeling more and more like I ultimately have to get lucky if I want to have anything that's an "upper tier" item.
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
Last edited by Bahnzo on Jun 25, 2013, 4:07:42 AM
Much of my gear was crafted. I don't mean from white to epic awesomeness. I mean, I bought items that had the stats I needed and poured fusings into them and exalted and got lucky, ect. Buying amazing gear is hard. Getting lucky with RNG is harder yet, but I did ok.
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 25, 2013, 4:33:57 AM
just took the blood drinker nods and it does help a bit.leech isnt really hight but still noticable.

i also found this little wep while farming dock :)
good phy dmg,it help for leech.

dmg went from about 1640 to 2162

Last edited by zakariusqc on Jun 25, 2013, 4:55:55 AM
Nice find! Rng finally comes through.
DISCLAIMER!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info