Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

Hello guys,

I will take my chance here as it seems nobody wants to give me a hand on my post :(

I am having quite some difficulties with the progression on this build.
I am following the spec (well a mix between this one and boxesalesman one) and the leveling guide stating I should cleave my way through the difficulties.

Here is where I am at leve 49:

Spec:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLRQgFy8ZLho4GlUb-iXfJ-0pLjboPfxHflBHUFBT31RJVdZXDVhjWNtZ818_YEthIWSjZOdlTWaecql07XrvfLh82YCkhNmE74zPkFWbg57NpBmnMKeErKq53cAaxtjSIdSP2WHnUu8O8i_2SPrS

Stuff:

Spoiler

I feel that I am pretty weak (currently act3 cruel):

- I can't use IB (or I don't understand how to use it) yet because I guess that without multistrike/faster atttacks it just doesn't work: IB on the mobs and waiting until the explosion, takes too much time and my life is gone in no time
- Cleave works fine on whatever sized packs of normal mobs, but when archers/casters gets in the way I need to get them out first or poof! same thing with life being drained to quickly.
- Bosses: Weaver or Vaal : I can't tank them, even going sword and board with tempest shield and glacial hammer

Any suggestion on what could solve my problems (tank that can't tank enough or deal significant damages)?

Do I have a big problem by not capping restist yet in cruel?

I must say that I vendor every blue stuff that I find, just keeping the rares when they are an upgrade.
As it is my first char, I am keeping all the currencies I find, for end game. Bad move? Should I use more blues?

Thanks in advance for any help you could offer.
"
speedsweep wrote:
Hello guys,

I will take my chance here as it seems nobody wants to give me a hand on my post :(

I am having quite some difficulties with the progression on this build.
I am following the spec (well a mix between this one and boxesalesman one) and the leveling guide stating I should cleave my way through the difficulties.

Here is where I am at leve 49:

Spec:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLRQgFy8ZLho4GlUb-iXfJ-0pLjboPfxHflBHUFBT31RJVdZXDVhjWNtZ818_YEthIWSjZOdlTWaecql07XrvfLh82YCkhNmE74zPkFWbg57NpBmnMKeErKq53cAaxtjSIdSP2WHnUu8O8i_2SPrS

Stuff:

Spoiler

I feel that I am pretty weak (currently act3 cruel):

- I can't use IB (or I don't understand how to use it) yet because I guess that without multistrike/faster atttacks it just doesn't work: IB on the mobs and waiting until the explosion, takes too much time and my life is gone in no time
- Cleave works fine on whatever sized packs of normal mobs, but when archers/casters gets in the way I need to get them out first or poof! same thing with life being drained to quickly.
- Bosses: Weaver or Vaal : I can't tank them, even going sword and board with tempest shield and glacial hammer

Any suggestion on what could solve my problems (tank that can't tank enough or deal significant damages)?

Do I have a big problem by not capping restist yet in cruel?

I must say that I vendor every blue stuff that I find, just keeping the rares when they are an upgrade.
As it is my first char, I am keeping all the currencies I find, for end game. Bad move? Should I use more blues?

Thanks in advance for any help you could offer.

Well u should get the shield that is in the guide...the unique 1 for low lvls...
Secondly no IB is the skill...u dont need faster attacks and all the links...i made it till 70 with 4L chest with IB melee splash mana leach and multistrike...
U need armor...tons of it...and hp...till u can start getting ES for gameplay with aegis... take the aura for all resistances it helps...but u can make it with hatred only...at least i did till 62... focus on making most of the links dragon has...use curse...use enduring cry...get the cast when dmg taken gem (u need 2) and take it slowly...
Also dont tryto tank vaal smash...it hurts :p
And lastly u need to keep curency for late game...62+ to get ur aegis and rainbows if u can..they help a lot.. :)
Thnx Teo
Hey. I ran an AoF IB Tank build as my first Nemesis character. My build was taking a direction really similar to this one. At 58 I had like 3400 HP, 55% Block with Crest, and 1.9k DPS on my IB->Splash->LL->WED. My resists and armor were pretty shit though, and I didn't think to focus on spell block.

I died being dumb, but I felt really powerful in general. I'm wondering if you think an Avatar of Fire version of this build would be viable in maps, or would there be too many mods I'd have to avoid? The damage was really nice, but I have to think missing out on physical leech isn't worth it.

Man was that damage nice though, taking full advantage of WED passives and gems, Lava Lash, phys, Flammability..
Last edited by shifted1119 on Nov 18, 2013, 5:57:13 PM
I've been following this guide as well for quite a while now, and it's still fun as heck. I have about 5k hp, 650 ES, 15.7k dps, 65% block, 55% spell block, 13-15k armor without flasks. I've been contemplating switching out the amulet for one that gives health and other goodies, but I'm not sure how well that will go. I find that the spell block is awesome, but more often than not, I don't really need it (unless its a piety map or something).

Spoiler

Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

"
jtrand wrote:
I've been following this guide as well for quite a while now, and it's still fun as heck. I have about 5k hp, 650 ES, 15.7k dps, 65% block, 55% spell block, 13-15k armor without flasks. I've been contemplating switching out the amulet for one that gives health and other goodies, but I'm not sure how well that will go. I find that the spell block is awesome, but more often than not, I don't really need it (unless its a piety map or something).

Spoiler

Have you taken iron reflexes since you are using bringer of rain? It would be nice if you could post your full build if possible. And how do you feel about that low ES in general considering one block almost refreshes all your ES? I don't have experience with this build but I would think it would be safer to have a little more ES or am I mistaken?
I was planning a change of pace from my Ranger and thought that this build would be perfect! Looking forward to using this, I got the Shield through my first Ranger already so I'm part way there!
"Steps to enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep; take time them one at a time."
"
Have you taken iron reflexes since you are using bringer of rain? It would be nice if you could post your full build if possible. And how do you feel about that low ES in general considering one block almost refreshes all your ES? I don't have experience with this build but I would think it would be safer to have a little more ES or am I mistaken?

My build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzFCAWbxkuGjgb-h0UJd8n7SjFKS4ppTGeMgk1kjboNuk62D38Q2NHfkrITDVN2E3jTipQR1PfVcZXDVhjWK9Y21j1WfNZ_mVNZadmnmebapNsRm5pbqpxTXJscql253gNfLh82YFvhNmHKYjxjHaPRpBVlZuaz5uDncSePJ7NoLSiAKQZplenMKeEqW6sWayqrK-0-bXytkG3Mb6KvqfAD8AaxtjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP1e3ZYeJh42rsOPAf877z3frS-6r-jw==

Yeah ideally more ES would be great, but I'm not sure where I would get it. I was thinking of switching determination aura to discipline, but I'm not sure which is more ideal at the moment. But in terms of survivability, its not an issue with low ES - I rarely get to halfway of my health, and even then, I rarely die (if I do, its due to something stupid usually).
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

is cast on dmg taken actualy useful?feel like its kind of a waste on this build since we block most of the hit and we have pretty hight armor.with the nerf if we want hight skill in it we need to lvl it pretty hight so it will almost never trigger with this build and leaving it at lvl 1....molten shell will be totaly useless since it will go boom in no time and give shit armor anyway.for curse its probably better to just cast it ourself.for enduring cry,mabey but again it wont give much charge with a low lvl one and better to just cast it ourself.

i think its probably better to just dump it and get something more usefull like lightning strike+item rarity/qual/culling strike for boss or a 4L 1 offencive curse/1 defencive curse/enduring cry/blood magic all hight lvl to cast ourself.we get the full potential of them and it take 1 sec to cast.

CWDT was good before but not anymore (still good but not on a hight block build)

Last edited by zakariusqc on Nov 19, 2013, 4:14:15 AM
I personally use it to cast Enfeeble and Enduring Cry.
Hey guys, I'm 65 at the moment, having a lot of fun with the build, but like some other posters have said, I feel I lack dps, atm I have a semi-decent 5L and a helm, 270dps axe, crest of perandus and rainbowstrides. I have about 3k defence and 3.2khp with auras on, 77% al res, so dying isn't really a problem, but my dps is only 4.5k, so it takes me way too much to clear lunaris 3 or higher maps. Here comes the question, what do you guys think would be a better move: BoR to improve dps by means of having one more socket? or Aegis aurora which would make me tankier? I'm siding towards BoR due to the lack of dps. Any comments are appreciated, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info