Any plans to change the weapon attack speed Meta?

"
laian wrote:
So... any devs have plans to address it?

In all likelihood, the reason there hasn't been a dev post yet is because while the problem is relatively simple, the solutions can be complex. Each potential solution also has it's own potential problems, so they're probably taking their time evaluating their options before presenting a solution.

Better to think things through and come up with a well-thought out solution that won't bite you in the ass in the long run, than to knee-jerk fix something which could prove worse down the road.

Just my speculation though, but they'll probably be a dev post for sure soon enough. Attack speed and flat damage bonuses are obviously a balance issue right now; I guarantee the devs are well-aware of it.
IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
give mobs more resistances to elements..? add a site in the menubar where people can view the resists

i actualy prefer physical damage cause of leech and mana efficiency for example.. dunno, havent really stacked one of my chars hard on elemental damage

edit: give a slight increase for critical hit chance on heavy hits like per 10% of mob life 1% crit chance... maybe 2? :) meh

power charges are a reason for attackspeed imo, would be great if they also worked so well with slow weapons/spells

one more edit(forget the rest): increase base critical hit chance of slower weapons reverse proportional to weapon speed

pro fast: flat adds

pro slow: base crit chance

Last edited by DeathManiac on Jul 15, 2012, 11:25:04 AM
I'm just saying. If this keeps up, about 80% of the items in the game will just be new-player-bait for those that don't know that faster weapons are much better.

EDIT: *80% of WEAPONS*
Last edited by laian on Jul 16, 2012, 8:15:01 PM
[/quote]
Think about the mods, why should the extra flat damage modifiers be twice as much DPS on fast weapons as the slow weapons which it appears on? The solution is to make slow weapons either have higher damage mods, or normalize the flat damage to a time range.
[/quote]

this is so true. all flat damage mods should be given a time range. i cant see any drawbacks to this problem. slow and fast weapons would receive the same flat damage mod. eg. add 10-30 cold damage over 2 second. /answered
Well, I liked a few suggestions:

* give a bit higher base dmg still for slow weapons.
* allow better dmg bonus mods for slow weapons
* make leech more prominent (and % based), maybe % leech support gems, current are flat, right?
* higher resists on monsters and maybe immunes (dont like the immunes myself, but this would prompt everyone to have at least one source of physical dmg)

Are there any support gems for physical damage? I think not, add phy damage increase % support gem? Sounds imba so it should add damage after elemental mods so other elemental support gems don't get that bonus (is it even possible?)
Unavailable
Unavailable

you have these to use, but because physical damage is a bit slacking behind elemental damage, they are not used/useful.

Problem is that good +elemental damage can pretty much spawn on every item (rings, boots, gloves, weapons, belts,etc..), where physical damage is not.

take for example, these mods:

Blasting 70 Base Minimum Added Fire Damage
Base Maximum Added Fire Damage 24 to 31
48 to 56

and physical:

Tempered 70 Base Minimum Added Physical Damage
Base Maximum Added Physical Damage 12 to 16
25 to 29

add to that the fact that you can have more elemental mods than physical ones, and the choice is easily made.
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The real issue here is NOT elemental vs physical, it's attack speed! Even if physical damage was viable, attack speed would still be king

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info