Any plans to change the weapon attack speed Meta?

So... any devs have plans to address it?
"
laian wrote:
So... any devs have plans to address it?
There's little they could say to this thread that wouldn't result in a shitstorm short of "We might think about maybe considering to possibly implement something that might or might not be similar to some suggestions that could or could not be in this thread." And since a post like that wouldn't really help anyone, it makes sense to just not post. Unless one of them wants to just copy and post what I wrote.
TehHammer is not a crime!
What if instead of 1-5 lightning damage, mods gave 1-5 lightning damage per second? And something similar to other damage bonuses.

This would allow players to swap out weapons with more base DPS without much worry about huge real DPS drops. The only difference then would be applying status ailments versus stuns and armor mitigation, which I think is a good trade-off.
@Ionface:
Does that mean you want the mod to deal less damage per hit as attack speed goes up? What's the point of attack speed then?

@Rabbit:
That's exactly what I want :)
Percentage elemental damage bonuses on items? Base stun time and chance to scale with % of damage of target's hp dealt. Stronger significantly stronger dps on slower weapons?

Pick your poison.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
laian wrote:
@Ionface:
Does that mean you want the mod to deal less damage per hit as attack speed goes up? What's the point of attack speed then?

The thing I just said, it would increase the chances of chilled, shocked, or burned, and it might help high crit builds. The IAS mods would still increase DPS, but instead of applying 90% of the damage as extra piled on gear damage, the base DPS would have a bit of influence.

Think about the mods, why should the extra flat damage modifiers be twice as much DPS on fast weapons as the slow weapons which it appears on? The solution is to make slow weapons either have higher damage mods, or normalize the flat damage to a time range.

The IAS mod increases DPS of all weapons the same, but then you add the elemental damage and it suddenly favors fast weapons a lot more than the slow ones.
"
laian wrote:
@Ionface:

More attack speed, more criticals?!

Yeah... but it doesn't make much sense for a mod to deal less damage per hit as the speed goes up.

If anything crit rate could rise with slower attack speed bows..?
Crit rate would stay the same, but you know, you could kill monsters with one shot more often in certain situations, making it more efficient for farming with fast bows.
But there could be so many other cool ways to do this.

ie: bows with slightly homing arrows. Or bows with inherent pierce chance. Or a bow that pinned monsters down...

but I bet all of these would all end up as uniques -__-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info