BSOD (paged fault in nonpaged area) consistently

I am getting this as well.

So GGG, what is the official on this? When will it be fixed?

I would put this high on the prio list.
I am getting this crash constantly with my Creative card...

have not found a workaround that works yet
Creative cards + OpenAL may end up crashing, and sadly, its not a very rare issue.

For instance, Lotro crashed consistently when a ceratin (loremaster) spell was used while Hardware sound (stereo or surround) was enabled.

In Lotro, I used an updated OpenAL dll to escape this, but of course their updater went mad about that and in the I got tired of messing with it and changing it after each launch.
So. I switched to software sounds. In the options. Bit sad, since I bought this card to use it.

Since these cards (well, most of Creative X-fi series) has some on-board memory to help, the issue may be around that and OpenAL (at least, I have a dim memory of an article citing this as the culprit).

Somewhere in the forums (thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75958/highlight/ ) I found this comment:

"
saintcee wrote:
Hi guys,

I too experienced this problem, it was happening to me when zoning from the River Crossings Map to the Dark Forest Map, and what i did to alleviate the problem was to add the following at the end of the .exe target, and by that i mean right click on the POE client exe and goto properties and in the target box add the --softwareaudio at the end of the line. so my example is:-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --softwareaudio

Hope this helps, i havent had a BSOD at all since then.

Apparently it has mostly something to do with some creative sound cards, if yours is not a creative card, try it anyway you have nothing to lose.

This solution may double the number of workarounds I saw around here (namely, the custom driver change). :)

Anyway, a Dev should confirm, I don't want to get stoned to death if its not working. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info