BSOD (paged fault in nonpaged area) consistently

I seem to consistently get windows crashes when loading new zones in the game. It's usually only after an hour of gameplay (roughly). The BSOD is paged_fault_in_nonpaged_area and only happens when loading a new zone. Clicking a portal, leaving one zone into the next, etc. The Church Dungeon lvl 1 entrance is the most common crash, however it happens in just about any zone, including teleporting to town. I have updated nearly every driver and thing i can think of to stop the crash, if anyone can offer input that would be wonderful.
srdy
Do you have a Creative sound card? The game currently has some problems with these cards, and we're working on a solution, but if you're able to change your sound card driver before you play (In the Sound Card Settings menu) then that should prevent further BSODs.
Balance & Design
It is indeed creative, I had updated its driver cause I had suspected an issue with sound. Thanks for the confirmation, appreciate the work.
srdy
Well I have suffered through this crash many times now, as I have no other way to use sound on my computer and I like to run other things not just poe....lol. The most recent crash has completely disable sound on my entire computer and caused some kinda of corruption on my creative exe's on startup....oh boy. I really hope you guys can figure out something soon cause now I have to try to fix sound on my entire computer because of my addiction to this game. Thanks for the time
srdy
I have seen posts in the past talking about alternate drivers for creative sound cards that people used that solved many of the Creative driver problems, including for programs other than PoE. I couldn't find them now, but it may be worth looking into.
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
I have seen posts in the past talking about alternate drivers for creative sound cards that people used that solved many of the Creative driver problems, including for programs other than PoE. I couldn't find them now, but it may be worth looking into.

They're generally referred to as "Daniel K's drivers"
I tought that this "bug" was fixed a long time ago.. now after 0.9.11 i decided to give this game another try but NO, i cant participate PoE Beta cuz this SoundCard issue still occurs and i dont wanna play without sounds.

"
turtuma85 wrote:
I tought that this "bug" was fixed a long time ago.. now after 0.9.11 i decided to give this game another try but NO, i cant participate PoE Beta cuz this SoundCard issue still occurs and i dont wanna play without sounds.

You'll still be able to play if you use the alternate drivers, just search for Daniel K's drivers, as Malice suggests. Those fix many of the problems that Creative sound cards can have.
Balance & Design
Ok, thanks! I will try those drivers.
Unfortunately Daniel K has no driver for my sound card (titanium HD), so I'm back to square one. A windows system restore was required to return sound to my system. This is an unfortunate process to feed my path of exile addiction.
srdy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info