Hackers/Botters

Burn the nonbelievers!!!!
"
jtall wrote:
Maybe implement some kind of anti bot check that randomly pops up? Have it pop up in a way that won't interfere while fighting so you could finish the fight and then click or type whatever into the antibot check

They could always go the route that some MMOs have in regard to anti-bot solutions and create a item or mob that you want to avoid because attacking it will more or less insta kill you. So long as bots can't identify one creature from another, it would increase the death rate on the bot. Problem with this method is they need to be common for the number of deaths to matter in the long run, and that's assuming the death penalty is sufficient to deter multiple deaths.

I just hope they're proactive about trying to put a stop to it. Nothing kills a game faster than an abundance of spammers/botters. I'm already concerned about what I've seen regarding chat so far. Looks like there is a global chat, which while I like, I can only see being exploited in general, and that's putting gold spammers aside for a moment.

Obviously, being free to play, banning accounts won't help. I believe they know this already, since they're already well aware that they can limit things like stash space or character slots since it will just encourage people to make more free accounts to compensate. IP bans would be sketchy due to proxies and potentially banning ranges used by legit players.

Don't really have a solid solution off hand. I just hope they're thinking about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info