Hackers/Botters

good question...
Probably the only way of stopping farming is doing something unpopular like remove the player trading.
If your only possibility of trading is via auction house (GOLD AUCTION HOUSE of course) this will remove completely the pourpose of the farmer.
What's the point of selling something for real gold if you can't decide who will receive it?
just register game with full cpu id? if u cheat and get banned u cant play again since u wont get new computer.
Tempest: DesertSquirrel

"
pttw wrote:
just register game with full cpu id? if u cheat and get banned u cant play again since u wont get new computer.

Sounds good to me .
"
pttw wrote:

the best solution hardware ban :D
======================
win7x64 ultimate
ati radeon 6850 latest drivers
AMD FX-6100
GA-970A-UD3
8 Gb ddr3 Patriot
======================
http://www.pathofexile.com/faq/
"
BurnThrew wrote:
Being totally honest at the end of the day there is really no way to stop hackers/botters that being said I do believe GGG will do their best to discourage such things with regular updates to fix exploits and a strong anti cheat system (What that will be I don't know) to close accounts

IP banning isn't a good idea because IPs can be changed and IP addresses are reused (as well as places like colleges that offer internet have the same IP)

While you say its imposible, it is pretty possible, there are some MMORPGs which stopped boters, one of the examples is Dragon Nest SEA, Its not the players who you ban but boters, they are going to stop boting after many accounts were banned which had gold
Last edited by eryk2109 on Sep 6, 2011, 2:56:40 PM
"
athcore wrote:
"
pttw wrote:

the best solution hardware ban :D

^ This sounds promising
Dell XPS17 1702x 3D - Win7 64b
Core i7 2720 - Nvdia 555m - 16gb RAM
I'd be more concerned with bots in D3 than POE.
There will be an incentive to farm items in D3.
Hackers will be hackers.
I'm sure these are all issues GGG is going to address. No sense in speculating at this point without any official word from the company.
Hardware bans are extremely easy to bypass... it's not like it actually knows what hardware you have, just a hash of the samples it takes.. change any sample in any way, and you get a new hash.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
I'd be more concerned with bots in D3 than POE.
There will be an incentive to farm items in D3.

I agree. Why would anyone cheat at PoE, when they could cheat at D3 and profit from it.
Because there are a lot of people who like to be trolls and cause grief.

However, if what ever they are doing doesn't directly effect another player, their attention may not hold.

Tho I can see level 100 people grief level 20 people in Hardcore zones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info