Account_Protection / Phishing Attempt via PM 'Account report has been filed'

"
I really don't understand why they can't give it back to you.

Because if they did that, what's to stop someone from creating a fake account, PMing them self a copy of that message from a proxy IP, logging in from that IP and stealing the items themselves before getting them restored by GGG?
well I also clicked on that link because i'm smart!
Trying to change my email now but i keep recieving the following message:

Rate limiting active. You must wait 120 seconds.

I've waited for more than 120 seconds but it keps poping up, what's wrong? :o
IGN @standard: snowchii, @standard: senigmatic @standard:Rubik_cube @standard:Dayan_zhanchi

Timezone Gmt+2
I recieve same **** message, but i see the link is faulse and ofc didnt click on it.
GGG not much people coming in this forum section and read all, most of ppl only play and use trade forum, so will be good to send msg to all next time or imporant msg where all can see it ....
Got 1 question, as i say i didnt click the link this i*ot send me, but i click on his profile to see the profile, so did i need to change my password and email ?
Last edited by Brakeit on May 11, 2013, 6:01:43 AM
what site is on the link?

I am curious how can they steal your password just by clicking the link. Did it actually have a login? I tried visiting it on my phone but nothin showed up except some chinese flag and troll face.

If it is a keylogger(maybe java applet?), wouldn't changing your account/email pass be bad, since they could log both after you're infected?
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
"
bonga_bonga wrote:
well I also clicked on that link because i'm smart!
Trying to change my email now but i keep recieving the following message:

Rate limiting active. You must wait 120 seconds.

I've waited for more than 120 seconds but it keps poping up, what's wrong? :o

I don't know the context of the message, (its on your PoE account?) but it could mean that someone is attempting to brute force your account
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on May 10, 2013, 8:05:59 PM
3 and a half days of work gone :( 4 exalts worth of stuff and now i'm poor as fuck. 2 months worth of work...becase I am retarded. This is all my fault, but I guess I am going to quit. Thank you community for being nice, it was always a pleasure trading with people, and thank you GGG for the very fun game.
I got same s**** MSG Rate limiting active, but i put wrong email first time :).
I think its secure system, so dont worry, but thats mean someone change your email before you mb ?
If someone know what exactly this is: Rate Limiting active, lets say it.
I also wait more then 2 min and try a lot of time, but same sh* msg appear it ...
Waiting for answer.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Brakeit on May 10, 2013, 8:24:44 PM
nah tried again 1 hour later and turns out it works, by works i mean that it successfully sent an email to my hotmail account. However whenever i click on the website shown in the email it redirects me to path of exile(legit) and the following message appears:

Failed to update email address

Please ensure that you visited the correct link that was emailed to you. If you are sure that the link is correct you can try clicking here to get a new link sent to you.

I don't know if the reason behind it is that poe is just having some technical problems? Could be.

Edit: i've tried this several times with the same results!
IGN @standard: snowchii, @standard: senigmatic @standard:Rubik_cube @standard:Dayan_zhanchi

Timezone Gmt+2
Last edited by bonga_bonga on May 10, 2013, 9:33:04 PM
I cant believe i got phished like a total effing idiot..... half the crap in their message isn't even spelled right -.- Don't be stupid like me... don't get phished by this pathetic attempt from a bunch of losers.
keep in mind that official accounts will show up in gold.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info