Like lemmings..

Ok sorry was in game got PM sent key enjoy the game dude
Tu Meke GGG
Got it and downloading now. Much thanks again man, very kind of you and will definitely pay it forward.

Now... you probably won't hear from me for a bit.. I'm sure you understand :D :D
I have more battle scars than the number of hairs on your ass!
Time Zone: CST -6 (Texas)
haha all good dude I dont blame you.

Was nice to see someone with a more positive demenour introducing himself and showing an interest in the game rather than just begging for one.
Tu Meke GGG
Ah, the download. Sorry, I'm excited. It's really just the overall vibe, the community, posts about PoE over on D3 boards.. the freaking VAST skill tree..

I really hope that all of this pans out for GGG. Personally, I'd never heard of you guys or whatever, so if this -isn't- your introduction to 'the world' I apologize; if it is though.. Bravo gentlemen. You are stealing the show.
Ok, I'll bite. I hear a consistent chorus of "this game is frikkin amazing" but few details to back up the claim. Tell a newcomer what's great about it?

I stopped playing D3 and am waiting for GW2 in August. But this ... looks interesting.

Someone who's actually played it please pitch it to me from a real gamer's perspective.

Thanks!
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
And I just found this game... and I'm happy again after the total failure that Diablo 3 is.
It left a sour taste in my mouth...

I have to say that if this game delivers, I think you guys will have to thanks Blizzard for such a terrible game that Diablo 3 is: it's just pushing people to look somewhere else for what they want to play! :)

Hope the open beta starts soon!
When I red the title of the thread, I thought the OP will compare PoE to an old game series Lemmings with those little dudes with green hair.
@Onix That was exactly my thoughts! That's really funny. :P

I consider myself a 'gamer', and Lemmings (the original PC version) is one of my favorite games of all time. Every game has its niche, I think. To be a true gamer, you simply try to master the mechanics of that specific game.. however they hand it to you.

Needless to say that, while I play WoW and D3 and plenty of other games (Even MUDS! Can I get a hell yeah?!) The idea of patches, after this many years, is still pretty strange.. 'You mean the game devs are gonna like... 'UPDATE' the game?!?!?!.... Cool!'

I come from a time when updates did not happen. The game you got was the game you got.

Anyway, I feel like I'm starting to ramble.. and I do that.

@Onix again: Mayhem levels. 'Nuff said.
"
Lord_Deimos wrote:
@Onix That was exactly my thoughts! That's really funny. :P

I consider myself a 'gamer', and Lemmings (the original PC version) is one of my favorite games of all time. Every game has its niche, I think. To be a true gamer, you simply try to master the mechanics of that specific game.. however they hand it to you.

Needless to say that, while I play WoW and D3 and plenty of other games (Even MUDS! Can I get a hell yeah?!) The idea of patches, after this many years, is still pretty strange.. 'You mean the game devs are gonna like... 'UPDATE' the game?!?!?!.... Cool!'

I come from a time when updates did not happen. The game you got was the game you got.

Anyway, I feel like I'm starting to ramble.. and I do that.

@Onix again: Mayhem levels. 'Nuff said.

Played a mud for over 9 years. My character is still there to this day.

Batmud - Largest and longest running one out there. They even created a gui for it:D
"
syntang wrote:
Compared to the many successes and great titles that Blizz has put out throughout the years, yeah, D3 was like getting kicked in the nuts. I still have hope for Blizz, just not so much their D3 team, which is obliviously out of touch (if their Reddit AMA and scant forum posts are any indication) with how a Diablo sequel should have been, and what many of us were wanting/hoping D3 to be.

PoE for me was a "jaw-dropper" game, which for me doesn't happen all too often. I watched every vid I could find and read a bunch of stuff on the site and plunked down $10 without hesitation so I could get in and experience it. Next thing I knew, it was 4:30 in the morning and I realized I had been playing since 7 the previous night. I logged out, sat there for a sec, and was like, "holy shit, this game is amazing."

What made that realization more potent was that this game is in Beta, and they have more in store down the road. It's a game like PoE that reminds me that no matter the doom-and-gloom others paint about the gaming industry being homogenized and stale, those speculation just simply aren't true.

Your time spent in Wraeclast will be some of the best gaming you've had in a while Deimos, I'm almost certain of that :).

Well said! I totally agree. I can't believe this game is still in beta and I'm having more fun with it than a certain "other" game. I've spent all of my gaming time playing POE since the first day I got my beta key. Easily the best 10 bucks I've spent in a very long time. Kudos GGG, I think you guys have yourselves a winner here, I've been recommending it to everyone I know.
"Keep one thing in mind for me."
"What have you become when even nightmares fear you?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info