Like lemmings..

Like many others, I've come over from Diablo 3. It was just a let down.

PoE is looking exactly like what I was envisioning from D3 and, I gotta say I'm pretty stoked to play.

Wanted to post and 'introduce' myself.. read something that said posters are much more likely to get a beta key so.. here it is. :)

I am looking forward to playing this game for quite some time so I'll see you folks on The Path!
I have more battle scars than the number of hairs on your ass!
Time Zone: CST -6 (Texas)
Welcome good sir, we welcome you. It sucks when you play a game you were excited about and it turns out to be a flop. I know how it feels.

Anyhow, Before long I am going to donate and get some beta keys. However I will give them out via my stream, but I was given a random beta key just asking in forums like you are now. Good luck! Its super fun. But I am not suited for the game's intense nature, yet I still find the challenge fun. It only really sucks when a patch changes everything and ruins your build. XD
Alma 48:17
17 Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.
Compared to the many successes and great titles that Blizz has put out throughout the years, yeah, D3 was like getting kicked in the nuts. I still have hope for Blizz, just not so much their D3 team, which is obliviously out of touch (if their Reddit AMA and scant forum posts are any indication) with how a Diablo sequel should have been, and what many of us were wanting/hoping D3 to be.

PoE for me was a "jaw-dropper" game, which for me doesn't happen all too often. I watched every vid I could find and read a bunch of stuff on the site and plunked down $10 without hesitation so I could get in and experience it. Next thing I knew, it was 4:30 in the morning and I realized I had been playing since 7 the previous night. I logged out, sat there for a sec, and was like, "holy shit, this game is amazing."

What made that realization more potent was that this game is in Beta, and they have more in store down the road. It's a game like PoE that reminds me that no matter the doom-and-gloom others paint about the gaming industry being homogenized and stale, those speculation just simply aren't true.

Your time spent in Wraeclast will be some of the best gaming you've had in a while Deimos, I'm almost certain of that :).
"
syntang wrote:
Your time spent in Wraeclast will be some of the best gaming you've had in a while Deimos, I'm almost certain of that :).

Agreed, 100%.

I had the same feeling, I took the chance, cancelled some plans for that one Stress Test weekend they had, where everybody got in, and after about 2 days, I was like an addict looking for a fix, once the Beta-Buy-In came around, I threw down 10$ so fast, my Wallet almost set on fire...

It's been quite awhile since a game has grabbed me like this, not just with premise, but with promise.

Best game I've played since the Burning Crusade expansion.

Totally agree with what others have said ... this is just insanely addictive.

I used to spend alot of my nights on the Xbox 360, but I've hardly touched it in the last month or more.

It even got to the point where I was hoping my 5yo son would go to bed early, just so I can get that extra hour or so in.

However, we found a good compromise ...

My son plays Skylanders on the Xbox, while I get to play some PoE.

As he puts it ... "We're both playing our Dungeons & Dragons game daddy" ... I love him so much :)
In our quest to conquer the world ... allies are just future enemies that don't realise it yet MAWHAHA !!!
"
Best game I've played since the Burning Crusade expansion.

Ah BC, the memories. It was a fun time, but I will sum up the Xpac with this comical quip: Fuck Warlocks. SL/SL can stay buried and dead where it belongs.

"
It's been quite awhile since a game has grabbed me like this, not just with premise, but with promise.

Same vibe I have about PoE and GGG; I really think they just get it, and know what a great game should have, how to make it fun, and keep people engaged. So glad game developers like them exist.

"
My son plays Skylanders on the Xbox, while I get to play some PoE.

As he puts it ... "We're both playing our Dungeons & Dragons game daddy" ... I love him so much :)

Nice. A win-win for both parties, yet another example of gaming at it's finest.
Hehe, thanks for the replies folks. What's funny is I actually had some money on a prepaid type of debit card and was going to use that money to get a physical FOB Authenticator for Blizz.. then I found PoE and immediately wanted to drop the $10 bucks (even though I would do way more if I had it)

I ended up giving the money to my wifey for gas money and (insert way too much personal crap about me) now I don't have the money to get either :(

Either way, it will come.. and when it does, I will play :)
Welcome to the Darkside of the moon where all the cool kids hang out.

I agree with what has been said by others and I have sent you a PM if you get back to me I will give you a beta key I have 1 left.

Just if and when you can Pay it forward.
Tu Meke GGG
Wow, thanks man. Sent you a reply.

Wasn't going for that but that's awesome. Already a 100000000 times better community than most I have come across. And that even excludes Blizz!
"
syntang wrote:
Ah BC, the memories. It was a fun time, but I will sum up the Xpac with this comical quip: Fuck Warlocks. SL/SL can stay buried and dead where it belongs.

Yep, the ol' Siphon Life/Soul Link. I used to run that too at one point.

The amount of Builds I ran as a 4 1/2 year Warlock player was just insane. I finally gave up WoW in July of '09.

"
Lord_Deimos wrote:
Wow, thanks man. Sent you a reply.

Wasn't going for that but that's awesome. Already a 100000000 times better community than most I have come across. And that even excludes Blizz!

We're glad to have you aboard, my friend. Just pay it foward if you're given the opportunity.

Thanks for adding to the community Lucid, you're a stand-up guy....even when you're sitting down.

Last edited by Faction3 on Jul 6, 2012, 12:27:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info