Global Chat Tonight...

It was a mess. Racial slurs, spam and trolls everywhere. I guess since July 4th meant a lot of people were off of work and drunk, but still...CMs would have been very useful tonight.

I miss Samantha, my ignore list can only silence so many on its own...when will she be back from vacation?
Last edited by YoMicky on Jul 5, 2012, 12:24:31 AM
HC chat is always cheerful and happy.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
I was watching a stream and I saw it.

I thought it was funny.
I've been playing in Ruthless, sorry.

I'm trying very hard not to enjoy the tranquillity of the chat, because I do feel somewhat obliged to do what little I can to keep Normal Global Chat civil.

...It's starting to feel like pissing in the wind now, though.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I have to agree with the op the chat yesterday was a disaster, i dont want to see it in the open beta, this is going to be a problem :) but well now u can still ignore the players if im not wrong but in the OB? u cant ignore 1000 players talking at the same time, besides if u ignore someone annother person will log in and begin to spam (not saying that everybody does).

As i think they should make the haters/spammers pay 2 bucks for everytime they begin to talk trash about others, i can assure ther will be no more spam or racial slurs D:
Once enough people silence a particular player, that player should become perma-muted to everyone else too.

Think of it as the capital punishment for chat ^^
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
Last edited by TJJ on Jul 5, 2012, 6:13:56 AM
You are always going to run into these issues when any chat channel is accessible to a large group of people. ala "Barrens chat" from WoW. It's not an uncommon thing to happen, there are some people online that are just total and utter dicks.
"
I've been playing in Ruthless, sorry.

Same. Normal diff really needs some tough mods.
Sweeping Maid
"
TJJ wrote:
Once enough people silence a particular player, that player should become perma-muted to everyone else too

I find myself liking this idea, but with a twist...

I would suggest that an automated program be in place that is as follows.

If 35% of the used channel ignore you within a half an hour window, your character should be hit with a 1 hour squelch inside that channel.

So if there are 50 people inside of cruel GC, and over a 3rd (18 or more players) mutes you for some reason, you should have an hour ban from using GC, regardless of the reason. I would bet that 18 people wouldn't ignore you for just. No reason or on a whim.

Also, to ease the weight of CMs, I would also suggest adding in a similar feature to those who spam the same couple of lines within a given time window.

Not sure how you would/could automate this, but it would be helpful to a lot of people and help keep things from getting too far out of hand. I love a wild GC sometimes, but when it gets to be spam and mass ignores, I think there should be penalties for those who goo THAT far overboard.
When you ignore someone is it just that character or the entire account?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info