Chaos Acolyte [Poison Arrow, Viper Strike, Shock] [IR/EB/MoM/AA] Potential 1.2.0 Tree in Latest Post

He already stated it is out of date and will be updated later.

I am curious what the OP's thoughts are on these skills lately. I'm personally very bothered, but wondering if he hasn't even been playing otherwise he would probably be outraged.

Also curious what his solution would be to make them viable. I decided to stop messing with it until they finish making changes, since it is a waste of respec points and such.
Now waiting for the new passives. What I'm currently thinking is a Poison/Lightning/Bear Trapper with Viper Strike in a two-handed sword. To be honest I haven't played the new changes to the skills but will get to it when I'm done planning out a character. It may be best done with a Ranger or Scion.

I'm curious about Death's Oath's interaction with the new nodes and other methods of increasing damage. In a way it could be the most positively affected source of chaos degeneration seeing as how every other source was nerfed. That might make it more worthwhile than Carcass Jack in the long run. Growth and Decay helps curb the life degeneration properties even further. I guess it's just a matter of preference, though. There's also Kaom's Heart, of course.
same name in-game
I think the combination of poison arrow with VS might not be that great, since skill points taken are different, unless after patch you don't need projectile nodes, but doubt it. But the death's oath could be interesting, if it is affected that is, since it's damage base is far higher than PA now, and close to viper strikes at 4 stacks.

I tried messing around with a 5 link two handed sword, since extra links will net some pretty positive results now, but being in their face a shield would be ideal. Always the option of forgoing trying to boost it's level and use in chest sockets.

Anyways, I'll be interested in what others do, my character made for this is shelved, but based on the changes going to need a few regret orbs to make it work, I'm close to the new chaos nodes shown, but i still have low hopes for VS being that strong alone, and really bad as a single target.
This is a rough idea of the direction the build is going in. Ranger seems to be the best option this time around.

As you can see, I've chosen to go the Iron Reflexes + Mind over Matter + Eldritch Battery route. One can always switch Iron Reflexes out for Ondar's Guile, though.

I'll be updating the first posts with a lot more information within the next few days.
same name in-game
This actually looks fairly solid. I have a free respec on my scion and a ranger, but i didn't want to use the ranger for this. I tried to make similar work for a scion but got bored of trying to make it connect up right. Similar could be done, but it will take more points and you will have to sacrifice something.

Ideally if I was using pa I would want to run arctic armor. 10.5% hp regen is decent, but I have ran more and love it, just don't know how you could fit it in.
I'm not familiar with mines, would volatile mines be worth taking?
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
This actually looks fairly solid. I have a free respec on my scion and a ranger, but i didn't want to use the ranger for this. I tried to make similar work for a scion but got bored of trying to make it connect up right. Similar could be done, but it will take more points and you will have to sacrifice something.

Ideally if I was using pa I would want to run arctic armor. 10.5% hp regen is decent, but I have ran more and love it, just don't know how you could fit it in.

Arctic Armour can likely be done with a high enough level Clarity, but I would need to test it out to make sure of it.

As for Volatile Mines, I'm honestly not sure.
same name in-game
I've updated the first posts with new information. Because this is best done as a Ranger, it has been moved to the Ranger sub-forum. More details will be added to the initial post soon regarding play style.
same name in-game
Nice update. Looks really good.

One thing I might suggest is skipping all the extra evasion nodes around the scion and just coming in from the right side of the tree, it's the same number of nodes(4 dex for the current path, 3 dex and a +30 strength from the right).

Death's Oath is armour and with a two handed sword or bow you won't have any evasion from a shield either. The only significant amount evasion will be from gloves and grace. Which means all those evasion nodes are only half as effective as they otherwise would be. Instead of getting the evasion nodes you could get Charisma and Influence for better mana and armour from auras, which equates to higher level AA and more mitigation(both armour and more mana for MoM). Or just get more life from gynmastics, revenge of the hunted or all the 8% nodes in the shadow area. Clever Construction and the life/mana nodes opposite would also be a good investment, likewise Master Sapper.
Great build, thanks for the fast update. :)
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Dec 12, 2013, 6:23:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info