Unable to map file error

"
Rory wrote:
"
"
Maksim011 wrote:
To solve this problem,type --nosound to your PoE shortcut path,after everything. Worked for me but i have no sound. It's frustrating,but i hope they resolve it quickly.

Regards.

how do you do so?

In the Properties of your Path of Exile shortcut, there will be a target section. It should look something like:

Target: ["C:/Program files...Path of Exile/Client.exe" --nosound]

thanks for the help Rory, much appreciated!
having the same problem too!

I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit, 4GB memory
I've been Jay Wilson-ed.
Diablo 3: World of Kitecraft

Immortalsoulz: lvl 72 dual-weapon duelist
Zealato: lvl 41 Elemental bow ranger
I've been getting this error since the stress test started. It wasn't happening before. The game will hang at a loading screen when I'm trying enter a zone for the first time and the server should be creating an instance. If I alt-tab there is a little "Unable to map file" error box. I'm on 32-bit Windows 7.

Could this have anything to do with the server being unable to create an instance? I don't think I've ever gotten the error returning to an existing instance with a portal and I wasn't getting it before stress test weekend.
Open beta is still BETA.
I can confirm that adding --nosound solves the problem. I don't know why, since I don't have the Creative card that's causing the problems. Maybe it's just that the game is using less memory?

Anyway, kinda sucks playing with no sound, but it's waaaay better than crashing every 20 minutes :)
"
bakalakadaka wrote:

Anyway, kinda sucks playing with no sound, but it's waaaay better than crashing every 20 minutes :)

You can bring up your favorite browser, go to iHeart.com, create an account, select an artist / song, and listen to some tunes. :)

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
I have been getting this error for the last few days since the stress test as well, although there has been an update so probably related to that.

Normally happens when going into a new area but it just happened in the middle of an area.

I will try the -nosound option and see if it works.

EDIT: Also this only appears to be in ACT 2, no crashes at all in act 1
Last edited by Thebrindog on Jul 31, 2012, 9:29:14 AM
"
Thebrindog wrote:
I have been getting this error for the last few days since the stress test as well, although there has been an update so probably related to that.

Normally happens when going into a new area but it just happened in the middle of an area.

I will try the -nosound option and see if it works.

EDIT: Also this only appears to be in ACT 2, no crashes at all in act 1

Yep it's only Act 2. The --nosound works,but as i mentioned,and we all know it,kinda sucks without sound.
Hope the devs work the issue out soon,and we all get to enjoy the creepy music/sounds of PoE :)

Regards.
We are all space dust.
IGN: LordHun.

Been doing the same thing for me too.

I've been persevering with the crashes , simply can't get my head round playing w/o sound =S

Any update on a fix ?

Regards , Damo.
Bump on the fix.. Any update on when is this going to be fixed?

Regards.
We are all space dust.
IGN: LordHun.

I was having this problem, a lot!

changed the shortcut properties to ""C:\...\Client.exe" --nosound" as recommended has seemed to work, I logged in an loaded all of the way points I have (15) and I have not crashed yet. I will edit this when and if I do crash.

Best of luck to all with this issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info