Unable to map file error

I have the same prolem (OS = Win7 32bit). The game usually crashes when it reaches around 1.3XX.XXX-1.7XX.XXX kbyte of memory used.

I remember running into a similar problem with supreme commander which i resolved with a 3gb enabler for the game. (Note 1: it was a win7 64bit OS, Note 2: I'm not willing to try this on my current machine as it isn't mine).

The Error message:
"Art/Textures/Environment/forest/web1ns.dds":In Source code file: Resource\TextureResource.cpp at line 37, Processing file: Art/Textures/Environment/forest/web1ns.dds Error: E:OUTOFMEMORY Description: Ran out of memory

or

Unable to file map

Another issue i ran whilst traveling to the dark forest towards alira might or might not be related to this issue:
"Audio/Sound Effects/Ambient/Waterfalls_Fires/Fire_Small_1.loop.ogg": Decoded no data

I hope that was helpfull.

EDIT: typos and such
--EDIT1: i make a lot of typos--
--EDIT2: english is not my native language--
Last edited by ThePlanckEpoch on Jul 24, 2012, 2:17:51 PM
I get this error often when I go from Forest Encampment to another area, either through the "doors" or the warppoint.

I don't think I ever had this error in Act 1, always in Act 2.

EDIT: Win32 too.
Last edited by GFValkyria on Jul 23, 2012, 7:30:31 PM
Same , i rarely get any crashes on Act 1 , only on A2 :<

Win7 32bit on 4GB DDR3
Last edited by gondars on Jul 24, 2012, 7:37:00 AM
I get this error a lot in Act 2, but it just happened to me in Act 1 as well. Using 32bit Vista with 4GB of Ram.
Well I'm getting constant crash when trying to enter Dark Forest so game is not playable for me at this time. Also game is using a lot of memory.
Well the cause of the problem is very common - I get this error too, and I'm also using 32-bit system.

The thing is, in 32-bit system, PoE call allocate maximum of around 1800 megabytes of memory. That's maximum amount per process (it's actually 2GB, but some of this is taken for other purposes). You can increase it by editing boot options but that's not the issue.

PoE does not free it's memory reliably, and that's the real problem. I find myself doing 3 or 4 zones, and I'm already maxed out on process memory limit, resulting in crash.

GGG, the only way to solve this is to actually free memory between zones, rather than loading everything and keeping it all the time as a cache. Check whether you're running on 32-bit, and then check how many MB client currently uses, and restrict it.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
I do not think its related to area's for I sometimes, even more after patch 9.11, get this error, my screen freeze and then I heard the Beep sound of windows vista 32 bit and it tells me when I alt tab that the client was '' unable to map'' and then I have to restart the game.

I've been getting this about 10 times in 2 hours on average.
It's quite, Quite QUITE, annoying.
Usually I can just tolerate this, but now its become a major issue, a real problem and it makes me say IRL, oh fuck come on not again IRL, and when that happens... well... there's a problem!

That said, thanks for your feedback Rory, its much appreciated, keep on the good work GGG
To solve this problem,type --nosound to your PoE shortcut path,after everything. Worked for me but i have no sound. It's frustrating,but i hope they resolve it quickly.

Regards.
We are all space dust.
IGN: LordHun.

"
Maksim011 wrote:
To solve this problem,type --nosound to your PoE shortcut path,after everything. Worked for me but i have no sound. It's frustrating,but i hope they resolve it quickly.

Regards.

how do you do so?
"
"
Maksim011 wrote:

Regards.

how do you do so?

In the Properties of your Path of Exile shortcut, there will be a target section. It should look something like:

Target: ["C:/Program files...Path of Exile/Client.exe" --nosound]
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info