Can anyone recommend a metal band?

"

Saw Floor live with Nightwish back in January. I was a bit drunk so my first reaction was 'hey, when did Anette grow her hair?' and second reaction 'and when could she hit notes like that?'

All in all, she's a pretty good mid-ground between the two. I've been a big fan of hers ever since her involvement with my second-favourite pretentious-but-lovable prog-metalgeek Ayreon.

Lucky :P

Yeah she seems to have decent range, I was hunting around for demos w/ Nightwish, old stuff she did definitely sounded much better. But sadly demos = low quality, and it remains a question which direction will band itself take with new stuff.

And damn am I hooked onto Meshuggah these days for some reason, I gotta check that solo project.
Breakdown of Sanity.

Underrated metal band from Switzerland. I recommend the album, Mirrors.
猿も木から落ちる。
원숭이도 나무에서 떨어질 때가 있다.
Even monkeys fall from trees.

Started playing beta in March 2013, quit in March 2014, came back in March 2017, and is addicted ever since. (inb4 I quit in March 2018 (lol didn't happen yay))
HIM
Well I'll stick my neck out and offer up a recommendation, even though it's a little uncharacteristic of me to talk about my taste in music. Personally I really love this new(ish) band called Pallbearer. Here's a link to their first (and currently only) album:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBJfHuyGpsI. From what I understand they're not very well known, but I've also heard that they're really starting to take off. Of course, this means that you, lucky reader, can gloat about knowing them before they were cool! Anyway, considering the lyrics of this album, it's absolutely perfect for Path of Exile, but the tempo might be a little slow for most people's gaming needs. Even so, it's a really powerful composition, so I think it's worth checking out anyway.
Last edited by Anutut on May 8, 2013, 2:13:34 AM
"
Avantasia's like a poor man's Ayreon, heh. Saw them at Wacken, was like...this is...really unimpressive. Cannot STAND the vocals, which is amazing since I can take just any type of metal vocal-wise, as my examples so far illustrate.

Heh, isn't Ayreon the Avantasia rip-off?
Avantasia have the best vocalists IMO! You simply can't beat Kiske, Lande and Bob Catley.
I've seen them at Wacken twice, and I'm STILL impressed!
Just had to bookmark this thread :D

I don't know if it fits into any metal genre/sub genre but have you guys heard of Sabbaton? I actually think they're pretty good. Also, did you happen to name yourself after a Korpiklaani song, Vakirauta?
"
Blueclaw wrote:

I don't know if it fits into any metal genre/sub genre but have you guys heard of Sabbaton? I actually think they're pretty good.

Sabaton is definitely metal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab2cXTLpe2I
Didn't read any of the posts.. but I hear the Q-Ray is a great one... I think it works with special healing rays that restore the body when worn on the arm.
"On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!" - Vigo the Carpathian AKA Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, Vigo the Unholy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info