/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

Royal Red Frog pet 50% off - 25 points.

Trivia! Some people asked for the royal frog's crown as a helmet microtransaction. It's in the store and has been on sale. Bit small, some people don't like it, but it's there.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Aug 28, 2013, 6:24:25 AM
Antlers helmet effect 38% off - 40 points.
IRON MAN
Ebony Footprints effect 31% off - 55 points.

I grabbed the Razer footprints effect (they're free). I think a lot of people had a kneejerk reaction that Grinding Gear were selling out, which is fallacious if you bother to read the announcement. They're just intertwined green snakes and the effect doesn't last very long.
IRON MAN
Tiki Totem skin 38% off - 55 points.
IRON MAN
Arctic Weapon effect 34% off - 165 points.

Looks pretty cool. Not sure if it's glaring.
IRON MAN
Bought the Artic Effect. I'm waiting for a sale on the Lightning effect now.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
"
Dreggon wrote:
Arctic Weapon effect 34% off - 165 points.

Looks pretty cool. Not sure if it's glaring.

I find it rather glaring myself; all aura graphics nerfed but new weapon fx turned up to 11...puzzling. I also think that the Ivory effect does a pretty good job at portraying "cold" - so I probably won't be buying the "Arctic" effect. Still, would love to see (and would likely buy) a more subtle version of both the Arctic and Lightning weapon effects. Hopefully the upcoming Infernal weapon effect will be more in keeping with The Game's (former?) visual style than the last few offerings.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
I'm unhappy with the extreme glaring brightness of some of the microtransaction weapon effects - those may occasionally have their place, but subtle lighting and glows are more interesting than "Your hammer is now completely white".

I don't know if alpha testers get to preview some of these effects. I'd certainly like to be able to provide meaningful feedback on a few of them myself before they get released so we don't eventually end up with DISCO BALL MACE EFFECT.

It's possible to convey a theme like lightning or frost without having the effect dominate the screen.
IRON MAN
If I'm going to drop 200 points, my weapon better glow like the sun.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
If I'm going to drop 200 points, my weapon better glow like the sun.

I approve this mindset :D
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info