/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Dreggon wrote:
Radiant Weapon effect 38% off - 95 points.

My Network icon on Windows 7 is showing me as having no internet, but my internet is working just fine. Does anyone know why this happens?

That's the new MT effect from Microsoft for people that want it to look like that.
You should check your bank account if they withdrew 2 $.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Hey Dreggon!

thanks for this post. I've been keeping an archive on google docs for July, and have filled in what I was missing (May-June) from this awesome thread.

My doc is still a work in progress that I'm updating a bit before work each day, but it should give people a better idea of what things were just for sale, or what hasn't come up yet to still hold out for (like the ever elusive extra gore weapon effect).

Have a look:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqopOGJclouWdDZkSHhrZWpmTml1TDRsS0ZDTnp5RWc#gid=0

Cheers,
~Fizzmopper
"
Fizzmopper wrote:
Hey Dreggon!

thanks for this post. I've been keeping an archive on google docs for July, and have filled in what I was missing (May-June) from this awesome thread.

My doc is still a work in progress that I'm updating a bit before work each day, but it should give people a better idea of what things were just for sale, or what hasn't come up yet to still hold out for (like the ever elusive extra gore weapon effect).

Have a look:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqopOGJclouWdDZkSHhrZWpmTml1TDRsS0ZDTnp5RWc#gid=0

Cheers,
~Fizzmopper

Looks good! I started this thread while waiting for the stash tab bundle (which has come, been purchased repeatedly and is now gone) so I never bothered making a spreadsheet - I also neglected to fill in prices for some of the earlier deals while waiting for the one I wanted.

Anyway - thanks for this! I'll probably continue to maintain this thread indefinitely, even though it's served its purpose. It's nice to have a record of these things, and it's a great place to discuss microtransactions barring a subforum for them.
IRON MAN
Waiting for Demon Hand Cleave...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Waiting for Demon Hand Cleave...

According to my google docs spreadsheet (see post above), Demon Hand Cleave was already for sale on 6/2 and 7/14, so you probably have another 1-1.5 months before seeing it again (if there is any order to this).

Silver Wings effect 26% off - 55 points.

Looks like this one hasn't been updated after the MTX price reductions.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Fizzmopper wrote:
Hey Dreggon!

Have a look:

Cheers,
~Fizzmopper

Looks good! I started this thread while waiting for the stash tab bundle (which has come, been purchased repeatedly and is now gone) so I never bothered making a spreadsheet - I also neglected to fill in prices for some of the earlier deals while waiting for the one I wanted.

Anyway - thanks for this! I'll probably continue to maintain this thread indefinitely, even though it's served its purpose. It's nice to have a record of these things, and it's a great place to discuss microtransactions barring a subforum for them.

You should also change the title to "Daily Deals Archive" and share the complete list in the first post because probably people not knowing the thread says "WTF is this?" when they see "/popcorn" in the thread title.

Also major props to Fizzmopper for creating the spreadsheet.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Aug 6, 2013, 3:27:25 AM
"
ignarsoll wrote:

You should also change the title to "Daily Deals Archive" and share the complete list in the first post because probably people not knowing the thread says "WTF is this?" when they see "/popcorn" in the thread title.

Also major props to Fizzmopper for creating the spreadsheet.

Great idea, done : )
IRON MAN
Ethereal Stars 42% off - 20 points.

Pretty sure these have gone down to 15.
IRON MAN
Water Nova effect 50% off - 5 points.

Hey, I like this discount! Dunno how noticeable the water is though.
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info