0.10.8 Information and Race Updates

"
Dear GGG, please copy a character Dankarius (Elemental Multistrike Cyclone) from my account, then run it on local server, then run it on normal server.

Feel the difference.
Then repeat with Multistrike + Flicker Strike.
Then with Multistrike + other Movement skills

My last 2 characters are unplayable in Merciless because of MASSIVE desynchronization and I can't believe you missed it at inner/alpha testing.

Until this thing is resolved, I stop supporting this game.

EDIT:
A couple of personal records:
1) I died 3 screens away from where I was on my computer.
2) I was whirling around Mercy Merveil for about 45 seconds without any effect on her or my life total.
3) Out of my current 70 deaths, only 3 were caused by lame pilot. Other 67 were due to desynchronization.

At this point, I don't realy care about reasons. Fix it or if you cannot/want not/whatever - desing stuff that will not be affected to completely unplayable level.

Let me guess, you have 2K hp???
losing HC char because of desync > jay wilsoned
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
"
Misterfister wrote:
"
quickey wrote:
good job, but you guys should focus on the desync problem a bit more.

"
Minzy wrote:
Have the massive lag spikes that kill off HC characters been fixed yet? No? Shocking. Bye.

Both of you, fuck off. Bye.

:( Incorrect behavior sir. This is a beta. So when users complain when their hardcore characters die via a malfunctioning mechanic (in this case the server) they are helping the developer.

You're basically discouraging people from doing free QA for GGG. Unless you hate the game and want it to fail, you should keep those types of comments to yourself.

Minzy made some good points as well. I'm sure these issues will be addressed.

User location distances from servers do affect lag as well.
"
Emil_kof wrote:
Let me guess, you have 2K hp???

1.8K. But it has nothing to do with deaths due to desynch.

I did some testing and it seems that autotargeting from Multistrike is the root of problem. I described it in details in Multistrike thread at Beta Support Gems Forum.

Removed Multistrike, inserted Life Leech to compensate Life Gain on Hit loss, died 0 times since that time.

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on May 6, 2013, 1:49:43 PM
Nice changes but still no buff to +phys on items for weapon damage?

I'm talking mainly about Pillar of the Caged God still being very underpowered.

Can we at least have an update on this, because one of the dev's did mention it as a concern.
FiftyShadesOfBlade
Hi chris, not sure who to bring this up to but the Item Soul Mantle doesn't allow for players who have the tiki totem to apply their bought effect. Spell totem affix is on the item therefore not allowing us to put on the tiki totem effect on the skill due to it being an affix. PLEASE fix this asap, my tiki totem is just sitting there and it feels like a waste of money. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by FerociousFeAr on May 6, 2013, 8:28:49 PM
I love how people come to this forum an talk about micro stutter an dsync an get ripped apart by a few assholes that feel like there jumping on a grenade for GGG let people bring these things up so they will fix what concerns people an yes GGG needs to fix those issues
I agree with the desync issues. Though honestly, I think people should not play hardcore till it is fixed. Not that i'm blaming the players but realistically why do that to yourself when desync is so rampant.

I find it odd that people treat the game like it's not a beta and do entirely risky ventures and rage when the system fails. Look, simply put hardcore is not a viable play option, and it is play at your own risk.

What I love about this game is it has so many problems honestly. It becomes a challenge all its own to make a new viable melee build, to overcome desync, rediculous monster synchronization movements, random glitches, being poor, and kicking ass just the same, all while not wearing pants :o

By the way, I think the monster synchronization is exacerbating the desync issues, since all the monsters attack at once in perfect unison, you get huge spikes in system demands.

Anyways, thank you GGG for keeping the game going and improving it monthly. I've enjoyed watching it evolve for the year i've played and I will continue to enjoy whatever challenges, specified or unspecified this game has to offer.

For everyone else, welcome to the wild west of gaming :)
I played with whirling blades and cyclone on my dual claw ranger from lvl 31-71 in HC and im still alive, I have only died once to a desync to vaal, if your character is so paper thin you did in 2-3 hits you should not be where you are to begin with.

Quit crying about de-sync, learn to compensate for it or move to default now and save your self the hassle of making a qq I de-synced and died thread later.

/desync issue
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Nithryok wrote:
I played with whirling blades and cyclone on my dual claw ranger from lvl 31-71 in HC and im still alive, I have only died once to a desync to vaal, if your character is so paper thin you did in 2-3 hits you should not be where you are to begin with.

Quit crying about de-sync, learn to compensate for it or move to default now and save your self the hassle of making a qq I de-synced and died thread later.

/desync issue

compensate?? like desync is part of the game feature?

desync is a problem, it's been there since CB. and they should fix it, it's even make some skill unuseable.
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info