0.10.8 Information and Race Updates

Nice info :D Keep up the good work and ignore the trolls.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
Nice no more damn maps. Time to get good at killing piety.
How are you planning to give people a reason to farm maps over just farming catacombs and lunaris? (which will no longer have a drop penalty and will drop all currently released uniques) Who in their right mind would farm maps (which get expensive to maintain) when farming these two zones would give higher levels access to a low level easy-to-clear zone that has zero drop penalty and zero investment cost?
Last edited by Formount on Apr 30, 2013, 3:30:04 AM
good job, but you guys should focus on the desync problem a bit more.
"
Formount wrote:
How are you planning to give people a reason to farm maps over just farming catacombs and lunaris? (which will no longer have a drop penalty and will drop all currently released uniques) Who in their right mind would farm maps (which get expensive to maintain) when farming these two zones would give higher levels access to a low level easy-to-clear zone that has zero drop penalty and zero investment cost?
Who cares as long as we don't have to do maps. Now you just do what you enjoy instead of being forced into one or the other.
"
quickey wrote:

"
Minzy wrote:
Have the massive lag spikes that kill off HC characters been fixed yet? No? Shocking. Bye.

Both of you, fuck off. Bye.
still waiting on a melee change which will actually make them somewhat up to par with ranged/casters. this is directed towards physical melee characters who are being gimped the most.
IGN: Visciious
"
quickey wrote:

Bwahahaha, you act like they aren't.
I think the leaderboard for the signature events is not quite correct. At the very least Choilicious had a level 29 shadow finish in event 34 (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/349924) and NoObLeR was a level 30 ranger in event 22 (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/342105)
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
"
e7ang wrote:
"
Formount wrote:
Who cares as long as we don't have to do maps. Now you just do what you enjoy instead of being forced into one or the other.

It's not really a choice... if it is more efficient to farm normal zones which cost you nothing to run, why would you pay anything to run less efficient zones? Currently: Maps = Investment required, better reward while Normal instances = No investment, penalty to reward. Also why implement a drop penalty for farming low level zones as a core mechanic of the game at all if a level 94 character can farm a zero investment level 68 zone without being penalized?

If I am not mistaken, the purpose of having a drop penalty throughout the game is so that Higher leveled characters are forced to farm zones that are appropriately leveled to farm at max efficiency. Maps were excluded from this concept because of the investment required in order to be able to run maps, which makes up for not having a penalty to drops.

I would really appreciate it if someone from GGG would explain how this change will not negatively affect maps, because as I see it right now, maps are pretty much getting thrown to the gutter and maps are my favorite thing about POE.
Last edited by Formount on Apr 30, 2013, 4:11:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info