Show us your interesting characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

I have like 3 or 4 totem supports....they're not that rare. Also have a Voll's and several other uniques which are more rare then other things but easily traded for.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
Torin wrote:
I don't have anything positive to say about these videos. Actually the marauder one is OK as it is based around skills and items that any player can have.

Templar and Witch one are really deceiving to the general public as both those Unique items and totem support are rare as fuck. By looking at these videos one might make a mistake and think the whole game is as fun as those builds.

As soon as GGG makes most other skills more fun and already fun skills and unique items more available to more players then these videos make sense.

Challenge Accepted!
I'll work on a Build for this that uses only Gems you get from Quest rewards (it's not hard to level another class to 15 to get some skills for trading/use on a build). I'll make a fun effective Character with nothing but the rares I pick up.

My Current Main has 2 whites just for slots and is using all quest reward skill and support gems (except for one). He's super fun not sure how he'll do in the later difficulties but We shall see.
Last edited by Chromethous on Jul 5, 2012, 9:04:52 PM
Bow Marauder: MonopolyLegend

I debated sharing this one for a while, because it is the "main" character that I use and my most prized build (albeit not one of my most creative, but certainly the one that works the best). As such, I won't be sharing quite as many details as in my other posts, but you are free to feature whatever you wish in the video, if you decide to pick this character. He is currently in his mid-to-high 60s and able to farm Maelstrom of Chaos (or any previous area) with relative ease.

It is an elemental build which reaches all around the tree to pick up important nodes, both defensively and offensively.

The build has high dps (reaching nearly 6k single target - 8k with flasks) as most archers do, but he is much tankier allowing him to take more damage before he dies - generally, the only time he dies is due to a careless mistake on my part rather than a monster(s) that he could not kill before it reached him. He is not a glass cannon by any means. In addition to his innate tankiness, his spells are powered by blood magic augmented with a massive amount of health-regen which clears away any mana problems he would have otherwise. I blew quite a few passive points getting down to Golem's Blood; it's not necessary, but I really like the "Armor Mastery" passive; having negative movespeed isn't a great idea on an archer, and the regen helps keep Blood Rage going.

Single Target: Burning Arrow

AoE: Lightning Arrow - this is augmented with supports like Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Pierce which allow the arrow to bounce many times ensuring that each monster in a mob-pack gets hit.

Auras: Wrath + Anger (taking a total of only ~10% of my HP, IIRC)

Curses: Projectile Weakness

Other: Blood Rage, Rejuvenation Totem, Phase Run (mobility)

The only downside is Blood Rage has to be carefully managed with Lightning Arrow, since he doesn't do much physical damage. This can be fixed by replacing the Weapon Elemental Damage gem with a Life Gain on Hit (which actually causes him to heal if he hits a few enemies - very easy to do), but loses a lot of DPS. It's a trade off, but I generally stick with Weapon Ele Damage. :)
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 6, 2012, 10:04:27 PM
Your bowrauder sounds fun! I hope it gets picked!! I'd love to see how you did it!
"
Your bowrauder sounds fun! I hope it gets picked!! I'd love to see how you did it!
It is quite fun and by far the most effective build I've done so far. I really like your attack speed build, by the way. It's always my favorite stat in any game I play, but I've had trouble making an effective build with it that balances defense and offense; I want to go elemental with it, but it's tough to fit in the weapons I want, dex I need, elemental nodes, and HP passives all at once - if I go for the Shadow/ES side, I have trouble picking up enough strength for the skills I want. Every time I try, I just throw my hands up in the air and close the tab lol.

EDIT: Happy anniversary!
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 6, 2012, 12:46:38 AM
One thing I'm running into with my Attack Speed duelist is that I don't have many elemental passives at all. This will need to be addressed before the endgame, luckily I'm near a couple key ones.
Krenseru

He's a fast attack bow duelist I've been working on, utilizing Iron Grip, Iron Reflexes, and Blood Magic a decent amount of +HP nodes, and tons of elemental damage, although without many enhancement nodes for it as most nodes are currently going towards STR, DEX, and projectile damage nodes. He is soon to be on the path to using Armor Mastery.
This build breezed through to level 30 from start without having many issues that plague ranged combatants, such as lacking the ability to tank hard hitting mobs. It solo'd Merveil at level 15 without using dots, just ran up and tanked away while using burning arrow at point blank range.
NOTE: This build relies heavily on elemental damage addons from gear, as well as alot of life regen items to help with hp cost of skills, as they all take a decent bit of hp to cast.

Single target attack: Burning arrow + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Fire Damage + Life Gain on Hit

Multiple target attacks: Lighting arrow + Pierce + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Added Cold Damage
Rain of Arrows + Added Cold Damage + Added Fire Damage

Speed Boost: Frenzy + Lesser Multiple Projectiles

Auras: Anger (was using hatred until i got Blood Magic, then the reserve cost was just too much)
Grace

Defensive Skills: Bear Trap

Phase Run + Increased Duration is simply there to quickly gather large mobs in open areas so I can unleash Rain of Arrows or Lightning arrow for maximum effect.

Last edited by tranxx4 on Jul 12, 2012, 6:14:58 AM
My Witch, Neeshal, is one I'd like to mention.

I consider her a Necro/Multiple Proj. Witch

Main focus as follows:

-Raise Zombie+Minion Dmg+Minion Life+Melee Dmg...keep the front line strong

-Elemental Weakness curse for mobs

-Firestorm + Inc. Ignite Chance (after curse which increases chance of igniting even more)

-Fireball and Ice Spear linked w/Faster Proj and Lesser Multiple Projectiles. Focused on fire on skill tree, but sometimes cold dmg is necessary (and fun).

-Auras - Clarity and Discipline... Reserved a lot of mana, but with minions out front, and fast mana regen, I rarely worry about being w/means to attack. And when I do get hit, the boost to ES helps.

-I also have a 'Totem' Support gem linked w/Ice nova and added cold damage for when I get surrounded.

-I'd also like to note I use the 'Minion Instability' passive to deal massive amounts of damage when my zombies perish...With 4 zombies raised on a boss, they deal lots of melee damage, and when they die they do lots of bonus damage.

The hardest part of my build was finding linked gear w/green and blue gem slots, as well as finding enough dex nodes to use Multiple and Faster projectiles. (Hence the unfocus of my skill tree). I know its not the perfect tree choices, but its Beta! (Best time to experiment.) And best of all, the character is a blast to play.

Build Below.
Last edited by BobRt on Jul 6, 2012, 7:29:22 AM
My Bow templar, Laien! :D He was a little harder to start in the beginning (b/c of low dex and atk spd), but he is doing amazing now :)

I just think its cool because he uses a bow as a templar - not normal. Also, he takes advantage of soul siphon to allow him to flourish with a tiny mana pool as well as AOE + elem damage to use lightning arrow well (so you can hit the same mob twice!)
Last edited by laian on Jul 6, 2012, 12:09:18 PM
"
Chromethous wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
I don't have anything positive to say about these videos. Actually the marauder one is OK as it is based around skills and items that any player can have.

Templar and Witch one are really deceiving to the general public as both those Unique items and totem support are rare as fuck. By looking at these videos one might make a mistake and think the whole game is as fun as those builds.

As soon as GGG makes most other skills more fun and already fun skills and unique items more available to more players then these videos make sense.

Challenge Accepted!
I'll work on a Build for this that uses only Gems you get from Quest rewards (it's not hard to level another class to 15 to get some skills for trading/use on a build). I'll make a fun effective Character with nothing but the rares I pick up.

My Current Main has 2 whites just for slots and is using all quest reward skill and support gems (except for one). He's super fun not sure how he'll do in the later difficulties but We shall see.

"it's not hard to level another class to 15 to get some skills for trading/use on a build"

You shouldn't need to do this. You should create a new character to try new builds or gameplay styles and to have fun, not to complete certain quests and then strip it from its skills.

About the "why don't you just trade" argument, as someone said before, many won't bother to trade, and even then either you won't find the ones you need or they go for "30 Chaos, 10 GCP and 20 Regals" (this is an exaggeration of course).

In my opinion, all classes should get all common gems as reward choices, then as a Duelist you wouldn't have the same "Dual Strike/Hatred/Added Cold Damage/Poison Arrow(?)/Lightning Arrow(?)/Item Quantity" gem choices for every quest reward on every difficulty, so you can actually play the character you want and, for example, you wouldn't have to make a Marauder just so you can take his Anger gem if you wanted to try it.

I'm aware all this is offtopic but I wanted to address it just this once, I'm sorry for the inconveniences. I would also like to add that I really liked this week's video, as the build wasn't based mainly on Uniques and rare gems, nor it was about Elemental Damage, for example. (Dual wield Duelist has a lot to do with me liking it, too.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info