Everyone seems to say templar start is better then the witch in every way

"
"
Without_Pause wrote:
Again, it depends on the build. For a pure elemental caster, nothing beats a Witch.

Except that for a pure elemental caster, a templar beats a witch.

You'll need numbers to back up that claim.

http://poe.sitedyno.com/
Was running through builds and Shadow just seems straight superior. Sure, it takes a bit longer to get some nodes, but they have very little waste compared to Witch.

The Witch opening eats up like 3-4 SP more than the others for meh nodes and she'll ened to hit shadow/templar start anyways.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
"
evantide2 wrote:
The Witch opening eats up like 3-4 SP more than the others for meh nodes and she'll ened to hit shadow/templar start anyways.

Precisely.
"
"
Crackmonster wrote:
guys...

witch starting area is fine. It's best for CI and it's best for spells. Period.

Shadow and templar can easily make their way around to each other also. What matters isn't what is in close proximity, what matters is what points you are forced to take in order to get out of the starting area. IE what is at the "root" of the tree.

The root of witch is strictly worse than the root of shadow or templar. Escaping the witch tree is pretty irritating, actually. Your options are:

1) Mana + ES nodes. The ES nodes will be nice if you're going CI (although you'll get them anyway passing by as a CI templar or shadow), but the mana nodes will mostly be a waste once you're using one of the main three mana solutions.

2) Spell damage + cast speed + int + spell damage. This route out of the tree is long, and includes some mediocre 5% spell nodes. Still, probably the best route if you're not going CI.

3) Spell damage + cast speed + int + element. Again, this route is long, and includes a bunch of mediocre nodes (6% single element).

4) Escaping witch via travel nodes. This takes more travel nodes to get somewhere useful than escaping templar or shadow via travel nodes does.

That's for long term builds. For race builds don't even get me started. Can you say health, anyone?

Ask yourself this: How many witch builds travel to the root of templar or shadow?

Now ask yourself this: How many templar or shadow builds travel to the root of witch?

You are wrong, not only on the main point but also the secondary.

The points adjecent points in the witch starting area are strongest for CI characters and mana users and spell casters. period.

In addition to that, the vast majority of your gameplay experience will be directly dependant on which points are closer in the tree. If you have a build where you need to walk straight across the tree to get something which is "possible", it will affect the integral of your gameplay experience and power.

EDIT: overall templar is better, but not in every way, and not even enough to provoke my envy as a witch
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 27, 2013, 3:15:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info