Well done GGG the economy will heal if this goes on forever

Its from poedb or poeninja. Its also posted on reddit ever yleague (however its first time I see "phase one" leagues there as well)
Also its based on steam numbers, so ofc its not perfectly accurate, but its good enough.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 22, 2024, 5:35:15 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
Its from poedb or poeninja. Its also posted on reddit ever yleague (however its first time I see "phase one" leagues there as well)
Also its based on steam numbers, so ofc its not perfectly accurate, but its good enough.

This is the first time I see that awful flash-bang.

The chart we actually see every league is from poedb:

The chart Kiss_Me_Quick uploaded, I've never before seen in my life and not only I have a decent memory I'm a data hoarder. I just gobble up data like nobody's business.

AFAIK, poe.ninja does not generate a chart like the one he posted. It only generates charts for currency / items.

I'm so curious to know the actual source... like a proper link, not a snippet. Though Kiss_Me will never answer that question.

Hopefully someone shares the source.

---

Sidenote: I saw the reply that got deleted by the mod team. I'm surprised that account was not instantly perm-banned like PathofMathh. For what it's worth, I love Chris Wilson and what he did for all of us. I sorely miss his voice. I wish him well and I hope he returns to us soon.
~
The Mirror of Kalandra and user retention (view-thread/3489839)
Why not throw the ring into the sea? (view-thread/3488268)
Beware of misinformation on good leagues (view-thread/3514952)
Last edited by BlackMarshes212 on Apr 22, 2024, 6:05:01 PM
^I'm pretty sure.....you hover over the day you want on that exact graph and the table comes up below it. From there, you just screenshot it....
Its literally the same chart you are talking about. If you hover over any day, it will show that "flashbang" you talking about. Dunno how he added old leagues there tho.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
^I'm pretty sure.....you hover over the day you want on that exact graph and the table comes up below it. From there, you just screenshot it....

100% correct! it is poedb:

Flash-bang warning:
Spoiler

by Kiss_Me_Quick

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Enjoy the league, I had fun myself but it is clearly not sustainable.

Right now it's literally the worst performing league of all time.

35/35, a perfect score!

Apologies, his text mislead me and I had never seen a full shot like that. ROLF! Now I know you can see all 35 leagues:

Spoiler

The first graph is clearly concurrent players vs. time and I'm guessing the second one is percentage of concurrent players vs. time? Definitely some jankiness on the second graph if that's %concurrent-players (https://imgur.com/a/IavNemn).

So... I guess some people misinterpret this data and think: "if the league was any good 100% of players would stay until the end"? Or a slightly less horrible interpretention "higher player retention is an indicator of a good league".

I can't stop laughing!

By this erroneous logic we should all go back to Talisman? 172.4 bananas out of 180 possible bananas? xD
~
Last edited by BlackMarshes212 on Apr 22, 2024, 7:01:17 PM
Higher player retention is a sign of a league people like, most of the leagues with really low retention numbers are ones that people did not enjoy at all, the only sub 40 retention league that was not paired with massive nerfs was scourge which was all but universally agreed upon to just suck. Retention has gotten lower overall due to the increased playerbase as its now no longer just the most dedicated players but you can still see the difference between affliction which had better than 50% retention, and ancestor which had similar numbers and necropolis or kalandra both of which had sub 40 retention numbers, necropolis's current retention is 37.5 which means that about two out of every three people who played at the start of the league have left by now because they did not enjoy the league enough to put in more time. A crafting league on its own probably would have had lower retention numbers given crucible in comparison to sentinel or ancestors but a number this low actively says that they did not do a good job on delivering something that most of the people playing the game want.
"
By this erroneous logic we should all go back to Talisman? 172.4 bananas out of 180 possible bananas? xD

Better yet, lets go back to Essence league because there was POSITIVE player retention. On league launch they had 22k players and on day 10 they had 30k!

It's such a ridiculous notion to compare a modern PoE league with all the changes the game went through and all the growth over 10 years to one of those old leagues.

@Carbot: no, it is only one of many indicators. Affliction for example ran over the holidays, where most people take time off work and have time for gaming. Just little stuff like that can already have a major impact on player numbers / retention. No one said statistics are easy, but you at least have to make an effort to understanding some basic concepts
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Spoiler
Higher player retention is a sign of a league people like, most of the leagues with really low retention numbers are ones that people did not enjoy at all, the only sub 40 retention league that was not paired with massive nerfs was scourge which was all but universally agreed upon to just suck. Retention has gotten lower overall due to the increased playerbase as its now no longer just the most dedicated players but you can still see the difference between affliction which had better than 50% retention, and ancestor which had similar numbers and necropolis or kalandra both of which had sub 40 retention numbers, necropolis's current retention is 37.5 which means that about two out of every three people who played at the start of the league have left by now because they did not enjoy the league enough to put in more time. A crafting league on its own probably would have had lower retention numbers given crucible in comparison to sentinel or ancestors but a number this low actively says that they did not do a good job on delivering something that most of the people playing the game want.

Higher player retention is just higher player retention.

People choose to leave a league for so many reasons that have nothing to do with the league / game it self.

Don't imagine things that are not explicitly contained within the data and AFAIK there is no survey that pops up in your PC/Console to check WHY you left the league.

Higher player retention is metric for stock/share holders and it shouldn't be about a single league it should be across several leagues or after certain threshold. As a matter of fact, if memory serves me correctly Chris Wilson has stated that player retention is high once players reach maps. So the incentive for GGG would be to ensure that a healthy percentile of players reach maps.
~
It boggles my mind that people cannot comprehend simple thing that "shit league = people leave faster", "good league = people play stay longer".
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 22, 2024, 7:24:00 PM

PEOPLE OF POE, unless there is a survey that asks players: "WHY DID YOU STOP PLAYING THIS LEAGUE" you can't imagine it's because the "league is bad".

Don't imagine data.
Get more data.
~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info