Necropolis is the 2nd the worst retention League of all time: GGG can't understand their limits

Now that T17 are too easy for me I would say yes, the atlas x 3 is great, allflames and anguish are cool to manage, but the amount of scarabs and coffins aka their micro management is so incredibly terrible that people are quitting.

With some logic it could be the pre-sequel for - same kind of league - but this time whith - coffin-like stash tab - available for purchase at league start.

Here it is
i havent played the league so i have opinion only about the 'core part' of the game

the very concept of POE's endgame changed this patch. and not because of finely tuned changes, smart systems or groundbreaking ideas. it got changed by adding +1 maps that people hate to play but do that regardless due to stupid profitability AND uber frags.

make them in line with T16, take out the frags - but keep the shit mods and NOONE is going to play that. this content is fundamentally unfun and people play it because they have to - money is just too good and ubers cannot be accessed otherwise.

it is terrible 'design'. sadly, ggg will not back down, they will try to 'fix' this mess over several leagues just to not admit they were wrong

the other core change - betrayal. like.. holy shit batman. what is the point of these people? they are nameless npc droping complete dogshit rewards and unlocking catarina fight that while fun, gates flask drop and exploring collection of utter dogshit rewards. betrayal was in ok state - it needed JUST making few special options into orbs/crafting bench mods. nothing more. i get more scarabs in one map than full reward cellar after catarina.

sextants - great change, couldnt stand that micromanagement fiddly stuff (get rid of enchants on maps next) but.. oh, now scarabs (all 100 types of them!) took over. yet the UI is from previous century.

half of the scarabs should be merged, 1/4th added to base mechanics (ever tried Breach without any modification? it spawns 5 mobs that drop 2 scrolls between them - it is pure waste of time) and the remaining rest be deleted - mostly the 'meta, faux-smart ones' like removal of map mods, barrels and shit like this. it is 'fun' if it prints divines, otherwise it isnt. all scarabs of this type create pseudo-fun gameplay of fishing for exploits and killing barrels hiding in boxes possessed by ghosts etc etc. it is incredbily unfun to even describe these 'farming strategies'

maybe that is main problem people have - that regular endgame when you blast thousands of mobs is 10 times worse than some 'smart' trick that might be unfun and look ridiculous but prints money

blasting seas of mobs was POEs strongest point. if you replace that with clicking on strongboxes and 10 minutes long map rolling sessions.. you get 20% retention.

oh and graveyard: 88 slots. judging by videos the PURE clicking to place corpses (ignoring prior research, trading etc) takes few minutes. in a game about killing mobs. it doesnt seem right when people faced with 6*T1 printing machine say 'f it' and ignore it because of just how bad the UI/UX is.

oh and moving melee weapons to ubers with .5% drop chance was one of THE worst balancing decision in a game FULL of them. that one actually made me laugh aloud, this 'smart' it is

so, here you go. action->reaction->retention
T17s, the 5th map slot, the scarab rework, master missions, veiled orbs, Aisling, stacked decks, putting the league mechanic on the Atlas tree -- All of it feels like a mistake. All of it. Every single one of these changes makes the game feel worse to varying degrees. Even tripling our Atlas trees doesn't feel as much of a win because, in GGG's typical lack of foresight, you didn't compensate by tripling the drop chance of Orbs of Unmaking.

On top of that, the last league I enjoyed was Scourge league 2.5 years ago. Coincidentally, that was the last league mechanic that added in-map mob density. Again, the last league mechanic we got that added in-map mob density was TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO.

On top of *that*, I still hate Archnemesis and the Act 1 & partial Act 2 reworks. The only thing the Soul Eater and corpse explosion 'fixes' accomplished was make me realize they should just be deleted from the game -- or at least deleted from mobs. (Same thing with flicker strike. Enemy mobs should not have flicker strike. I'm so sick of getting gangbanged by flicker striking mobs.)

I haven't killed the Shaper, Elder, Sirus, or Maven this league, let alone attempted a T17. I've barely even gotten my Eater & Exarch watchstones. Because I can't be fucked to put forth the effort anymore.

I usually ended my threats to quit the game with; "Anyways, see you guys next league." Because I still cared about the game and I knew I wasn't *actually* quitting. But I'm starting to feel the apathy set in. This feels like shit to say, but if 3.24 is going to be the state of the base game going forward, I really don't think I can come back to 3.25.

[EDIT] -- Another thread reminded me -- I know this is a free-to-play game and you need to keep releasing new MTX to stay profitable, but you've officially reached the point that seeing and hearing other people's MTX is now an active detriment to playing the game.[/EDIT]
Last edited by GrumpyMcElbows on May 8, 2024, 9:16:45 AM
"
Again, the last league mechanic we got that added in-map mob density was TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO.

Lolwut

Affliction says hi and you hurt Crucible's feelings

As someone who only really plays leagues in which I enjoy the league mechanic... Necropolis just sucks. Corpse management is tedious, the mechanic is essentially non-interactive. You can do a little moving things around pre-map but whatever, boring. Then every so often (for me I literally never did this because I'm SSF and quit before I got the needed corpses) you load up your graves and craft a mirror adjacent item.

Players

Just

Want

To

Kill

Stuff
IGN Weebletz, Mirana_Callidus
Necropolis just sucks.
Worst league ever

I have 16k hour this is my favorite game but is a shade of what is used to be

Bugs after bugs exploits after exploits zero balance and zero testing = poe 2024
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
"
sidtherat wrote:

the very concept of POE's endgame changed this patch. and not because of finely tuned changes, smart systems or groundbreaking ideas. it got changed by adding +1 maps that people hate to play but do that regardless due to stupid profitability AND uber frags.

it is terrible 'design'. sadly, ggg will not back down, they will try to 'fix' this mess over several leagues just to not admit they were wrong

the other core change - betrayal. like.. holy shit batman. what is the point of these people? they are nameless npc droping complete dogshit rewards and unlocking catarina fight that while fun, gates flask drop and exploring collection of utter dogshit rewards. betrayal was in ok state - it needed JUST making few special options into orbs/crafting bench mods. nothing more. i get more scarabs in one map than full reward cellar after catarina.

sextants - great change, couldnt stand that micromanagement fiddly stuff (get rid of enchants on maps next) but.. oh, now scarabs (all 100 types of them!) took over. yet the UI is from previous century.

half of the scarabs should be merged, 1/4th added to base mechanics (ever tried Breach without any modification? it spawns 5 mobs that drop 2 scrolls between them - it is pure waste of time) and the remaining rest be deleted - mostly the 'meta, faux-smart ones' like removal of map mods, barrels and shit like this. it is 'fun' if it prints divines, otherwise it isnt. all scarabs of this type create pseudo-fun gameplay of fishing for exploits and killing barrels hiding in boxes possessed by ghosts etc etc. it is incredbily unfun to even describe these 'farming strategies'

maybe that is main problem people have - that regular endgame when you blast thousands of mobs is 10 times worse than some 'smart' trick that might be unfun and look ridiculous but prints money

blasting seas of mobs was POEs strongest point. if you replace that with clicking on strongboxes and 10 minutes long map rolling sessions.. you get 20% retention.

oh and graveyard: 88 slots. judging by videos the PURE clicking to place corpses (ignoring prior research, trading etc) takes few minutes. in a game about killing mobs. it doesnt seem right when people faced with 6*T1 printing machine say 'f it' and ignore it because of just how bad the UI/UX is.

oh and moving melee weapons to ubers with .5% drop chance was one of THE worst balancing decision in a game FULL of them. that one actually made me laugh aloud, this 'smart' it is

so, here you go. action->reaction->retention

That's why I will be moving to other games from next league on, once I'll finish the challenges I started.
I mean ok, I couldn't reliably farm ubers so far, but I was ok with that as a casual player.

Right now,
1.I can't farm ubers,
2.I can't farm T17s,
3.I don't have the knowledge to create a build that can achieve the above, hell I can't even tell the bait/crap builds of those streamers from a good one,
4.I need to grind 10xmore time to get to the same place I was a league ago, and I probably don't got this time.
5.i need to do this in a game environment that is not endgame, slowly realising that I'll probably never reach this new endgame.

Sorry but Ruthless 2.0 into Poe Immortal isn't something that attracts me.
Quit this league over the constant crashes any time I had to load in someones fancy recent MTX. When being in town, or even trying to trade, my best case scenario is my CPU gets so hot it starts to throttle. My worst case is my computer completely crashes, and I get a nice temperature warning on reboot.

I don't really feel like putting my computer at risk, and its really shameful that its microtransactions in a decade old game that's doing this to it.
The biggest problem with the league is that it gutted every other crafting league mechanic that has gone core. Look at the value of certain craft goods and trades such as essence, harvest, etc. This one league tanked it all. To make it worse the league mechanic kind of sucks -.

* Coffins everywhere. They drop like candy and most of them are junk.
* You need an online website tool to tell you how to craft.
* You have to keep an excel spreadsheet of what coffins you have.
* You click anything and a menu pops up. Click after click after click.

I don't mind the scarabs so much but they do need some tuning. That is one area they've consolidated and simplified -- that is GOOD as is the Atlas tree presets.

I do strongly disagree that league mechanic buffs appear on atlas tree. I think that was a very bad decision -- league mechanic should not feel compulsory to spec into to be good especially if you're going to force people to click crap and manage a thousand popups in maps.
Last edited by dautry on May 19, 2024, 5:24:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info