Necropolis is the 2nd the worst retention League of all time: GGG can't understand their limits

Eh, I like the allflames, nice little bursts of player-chosen variation. The best thing about the league, for sure. But that's probably easier since I don't care about their effects on 'the economy'.

Can do without the graveyard.
I agree with a bunch of the OP's balance concerns, widening the gap between super juice players and the 99.9% players.

That said if you want leagues that don't have a bunch of new things, multiple new vectors to strategize or dig into then you're playing the wrong game and I don't say this lightly.

I've got plenty enough criticism for POE but offering new things to do every league is never one of them; It is in fact the heart of why anyone ever comes back and plays the game some more.

People think POE got popular because of clear speed, which is actually nonsense (less than 1% of players play like CuteDog or Grimro) the game started growing (unlike almost all other online games) because of 3 month content cadence with something new usually a LOT of something new for almost any kind of player to dig into fresh every 3 or 4 months.

Now if you want to talk about balancing new content for .01% of players and scoping new content for 700 or 1000 players out hundreds of thousands who spike each league start peak

well that I can get behind.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
To be fair, games don't exist in a vacuum.

You can't say the retention of this league is 100% definitely because of the necropolis content when 75% of my friends list is playing less simply because we're all playing Helldivers every other day.

I only just did my first T17 last night, and I LIKE this league. But PoE isn't my entire life, and it's never going to be 100% of my free time. I've got 3 months to do Necropolis in, after all.

There's also the 1.0 release of Last Epoch which happened within the last league cycle, and I'm sure a nonzero amount of players are even doing... whatever it is Diablo has got going on these days.

I'm not saying they're aren't people who hate this league - obviously there are. But let's not just start drawing ridiculous conclusions based on misinterpreting statistics out of context.
It's really a shame how Path of Exile has become more and more of a trash game due to Tencent's takeover. There are even people or NPCs better who claim this is development.

Development is the state when something improves and that hasn't happened in this game for years.

On the contrary, the game doesn't even use the hardware properly anymore, they even put newspaper over the shit until no one can see it anymore, but you can smell it a lot if you know your way around it.

This is internship work or you want to get us to buy new hardware so that we can play your poe2 game with a high probability of flop.

your arrogance has caught up with you.
What I hated about Kalandra was those unkillable yellow mobs and those one shot kills. It wasn't the mechanic itself, but the frustration to instantly dying without warning what stop me playing.
This league is simply unplayable due to bad performance CPU and GPU spikes and FPS drops. I don't want to burn my computer for just one game.
I agree with your points, imo is a very bad league, personally one of the worst
The best change imo was the atlas , that we have 3 atlas sets, everything else failed
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
Above of all it is performance. The game is currently unplayable, GPU and CPU spikes up to 100% and the cooling fans running and sound like a reactor.
I want to play, regardless of the league mechanic, as well as some of my fellows, but we can't.
To solve this broken performance must be a top priority.

Can GGG response to this issue pls? We can no longer play the game. And we are not a few.
Lack of balance changes is my main issue. I am sorry, but I don't call TS and PB nerf as balance change considering how busted they were. When are we gonna get changes to skills like infernal blow, tectonic slam, bladestorm etc. All of these are underperforming for years and it gets worse with every league since you have to invest more and more into defense.

Graveyard crafting is in my opinion garbage. Let it be 16 graves and each corpse does 4-6 times the effect, but drops 4-6times less. I will NEVER EVER craft with this mechanic, because I will NEVER go and trade 80+ corpses.
GGG remove ancestral totem buffs and buff base gems instead. It is annoying to have to press:

4 warcries, totem, berserk, banner, bloodrage, focus, curse to cast a slam

result: 1/5th of normal build damage and 1/4th of POB dps for slam build in real scenario.
"
Eh, I like the allflames, nice little bursts of player-chosen variation. The best thing about the league, for sure. But that's probably easier since I don't care about their effects on 'the economy'.

Can do without the graveyard.

Allflames as a concept are fine, it's just that they're just sextants but 10x more annoying to use. Why even remove the sextants in the first place then?

"
alhazred70 wrote:

I've got plenty enough criticism for POE but offering new things to do every league is never one of them; It is in fact the heart of why anyone ever comes back and plays the game some more.

Not the point of the thread. The idea is that you should introduce 1-2 minor mechanics or changes at a time, not 5 new massive or completely reworked mechanics when the base game itself is already very unstable with MF and party bonuses almost every league even with a single mechanic ruining the economy.

Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Apr 20, 2024, 11:17:00 AM
"
To be fair, games don't exist in a vacuum.

You can't say the retention of this league is 100% definitely because of the necropolis content when 75% of my friends list is playing less simply because we're all playing Helldivers every other day.

I only just did my first T17 last night, and I LIKE this league. But PoE isn't my entire life, and it's never going to be 100% of my free time. I've got 3 months to do Necropolis in, after all.

There's also the 1.0 release of Last Epoch which happened within the last league cycle, and I'm sure a nonzero amount of players are even doing... whatever it is Diablo has got going on these days.

I'm not saying they're aren't people who hate this league - obviously there are. But let's not just start drawing ridiculous conclusions based on misinterpreting statistics out of context.

Except....you can assume that these same effects you point to have existed in at least SOME of the previous 20 leagues shown in the data, if not all or the majority of them. Competition isn't UNIQUE to this league.

So those things you mention, like helldivers, D4, etc. are rather negligible variables to account for because they are ALREADY accounted for in the data we have.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 20, 2024, 5:30:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info