EXP LOSS

I think it shoud be tweaked. It should be a mod on maps or something similar.

I personally just stop playing every season because of the same thing, I can't progress my character. I'm not playing competively and I could'nt give a hoot what someone else has accomplished in a set time.

I just want to continue having FUN with the character I've built (by leveling, looting in rewarding content). I can't have FUN when if I want to level I have to face the potential of spending 4-5+ hrs of time grinding boring content just so I don't die to some insane modifiers. This design does not value your time.

It's a video game. I just want to have FUN. It should be optional.

I'm just making a suggestion, no need for toxic responses.
Last edited by sparkzignites on Apr 15, 2024, 5:58:42 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2024, 10:41:27 PM
I also think its rather lame to lose an hour or more worth of xp because you got oof'd by something
I think its fine the way it is. In my opinion the game does need an insensitive not to die. The balance between offense and defense is about right I think. I do agree that the game can become less fun and can even be stressful if you are focused on leveling, knowing a death might cause multiple hours lost. I think the main thing is that it becomes difficult to interact with all the content while you are leveling. If you are at 75% xp you will know that it's dangerous to interact with hard content, which is usually the most fun and rewarding parts of the game, like bosses or juiced up maps. So you might end up repeatedly doing something safe and bland at this time.

I think at this point the question becomes why is it necessary to be focused on leveling. The xp penalties don't become a big factor until around the mid 90's, at which point a few extra levels are not make or break. If there was content locked beyond level 95 this might be a problem, or if there was only a handful of build that could make it past this point I think it would be bad, but the game is in a better state than that. I think what happens is players might be playing the game having fun and suddenly be at 40%xp without trying, then not want to risk the progress that's been made and have to start playing safe and loose enjoyment. Perhaps there are some other solution, is there an omen that reduces xp loss? There may well be a better system but without any xp penalty any build could just spam grind 100, and i think that would cheapen the game, It would become about just full glass cannon and maybe equipping defenses for a boss if you cant one shot it before it gets you.
Last edited by Belegur85 on Apr 15, 2024, 8:30:07 PM
I've always felt the exp-to-death has been in a good spot. It's very very easy to reach level 95, which is when every reasonable meta build will be finished and capable of tackling the extreme content.

So there is no death/grind barrier to getting at the pinnacle-end-game. Therefore, level 100 is a trophy, those last five levels are pretty trivial in terms of power.

Trophies which are easy to get mean nothing.
Lol if anything MAKE IT HIGHER way too easy to get to level 100.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Lol if anything MAKE IT HIGHER way too easy to get to level 100.

+
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
xp loss on death is the worst penalty for death. It is a backwards progress and nobody is interested in going backwards in a game we log in to play daily specially with how awful the monster vs player balance is.
Last edited by Ispita on Apr 16, 2024, 3:48:19 AM
3 leagues ago I'd be inclined to agree with you, but now there's not only the option to get Omen of Amelioration for 75% less exp loss on death (about 50c each), but now shrines can give absolutely ridiculous amounts of exp compared to before thanks to domination scarabs of teachings.

If you use both, it's almost impossible to lose exp.
"
Ispita wrote:
xp loss on death is the worst penalty for death. It is a backwards progress and nobody is interested in going backwards in a game we log in to play daily specially with how awful the monster vs player balance is.

Doesn't make sense. You found stuff during this time which also helped you advance your character. Stuff you don't lose. If gaining exp is all you care about, there are cheap builds that are nearly immortal (Detonate Dead, Juggernaut, Pathfinder)
"
sparkzignites wrote:
I think it shoud be tweaked. It should be a mod on maps or something similar.

I personally just stop playing every season because of the same thing, I can't progress my character. I'm not playing competively and I could'nt give a hoot what someone else has accomplished in a set time.

I just want to continue having FUN with the character I've built (by leveling, looting in rewarding content). I can't have FUN when if I want to level I have to face the potential of spending 4-5+ hrs of time grinding boring content just so I don't die to some insane modifiers. This design does not value your time.

It's a video game. I just want to have FUN. It should be optional.

I'm just making a suggestion, no need for toxic responses.

No thanks. Level 100 is an achievement, and it should always remain that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info