Congrats On The Most Boring League Mechanic

I first started playing this game during Delve league, I believe, and then I really invested myself into Legion. From then on, I was a very consistent player, getting 40/40 most leagues.

Necropolis is by far the WORST, no contest. There is literally NOTHING to do. I think it might be a great league for SSF enjoyers, but not for trade. Being a hideout warrior was never my thing. That's kind of a trash way to play a game, imo. That's not an ARPG. But you do you.....

If you're just ignorant, let me enlighten you. You can simply look up "successful recipes" for Necropolis morgue, invest ~30D, and make around 30-60D profit every time. It's kind of stupid. Just do that all day, and that's your league.

I think with how bad this league mechanic is, it's probably better to simply have fun on legacy builds in T17s or something, idk. But there's no way GGG is getting any money from me this league. You all failed hard AF.
Last edited by HwtChirino on Apr 7, 2024, 6:52:15 AM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2024, 5:06:18 AM
"
HwtChirino wrote:
I first started playing this game during Delve league, I believe, and then I really invested myself into Legion. From then on, I was a very consistent player, getting 40/40 most leagues.

Necropolis is by far the WORST, no contest. There is literally NOTHING to do. I think it might be a great league for SSF enjoyers, but not for trade. Being a hideout warrior was never my thing. That's kind of a trash way to play a game, imo. That's not an ARPG. But you do you.....

If you're just ignorant, let me enlighten you. You can simply look up "successful recipes" for Necropolis morgue, invest ~30D, and make around 30-60D profit every time. It's kind of stupid. Just do that all day, and that's your league.

I think with how bad this league mechanic is, it's probably better to simply have fun on legacy builds in T17s or something, idk. But there's no way GGG is getting any money from me this league. You all failed hard AF.

It's hard to please everyone... When there were leagues where it was difficult to drop anything, crafting was hard or there was no possibility to craft... people complained. Now, ways to craft using league mechanics have been found, OP items are being created... people are complaining. Not that I'm nitpicking (because I also think that there's nothing much to do in this league, just playing for crafting is also boring for me, especially since I'm not a fan of such gameplay). But when people complain that something is wrong, it usually backfires negatively. And for the last few leagues, we've had complaints... PoE has a pretty large player base, one league suits you, another doesn't. Do what I do and just skip the league that you don't like. Believe me, when the one that suits you comes out, you'll enjoy playing more. You can't meet everyone's expectations, sorry it happened to you and the current league doesn't suit you. But I believe there are people who are having a great time in this league. For instance, I had the most fun in Crucible (for me, skill trees on weapons, positive/negative effects on items were super, I'd like to see it in the core, especially since many builds were revived thanks to this mechanic).
It's only for you. Streamers are happy.
Streamers can enjoy playing dead league and streaming to few people that still want to watch that boring league then.
"
Aynix wrote:
Streamers can enjoy playing dead league and streaming to few people that still want to watch that boring league then.

Yeah, looks pretty "dead" to me hoho.
"
Ulsarek wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Yeah, looks pretty "dead" to me hoho.

Didnt know steam shows online from league alone (and its still bad compared to past leagues, this early on)

Also lets not pretend that scarab rework isnt singlehandely carrying those numbers. If not for that, it wouldnt be even 50k online.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 7, 2024, 4:16:49 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
Didnt know steam shows online from league alone (and its still bad compared to past leagues, this early on)
You are right, it is a good amount more considering around ~40% play on standalone and not through Steam. (Source: Chris Wilson said so himself)

Also what are you on about?

Necropolis is doing amazing.
"
Ulsarek wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
You are right, it is a good amount more considering around ~40% play on standalone and not through Steam. (Source: Chris Wilson said so himself)

In terms of percentage, day 9 dropoffs are:
Tota: -34 %
Affl: -33 %
Necro: -43 %

The total number is just all right only because of how well-received Affliction was, which hyped people up for this league. If the trend continues, the league's going to die a whole lot faster than any other previous league.
"
Ulsarek wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Crucible had the biggest number, does it make it best league? No.
Retention what matters, not how many people are online on steam.
why ppl even argue . no1 cares how many ppl play a league. 90% of $$$ made is before even league launches. so GGG can goof off as much as they want. as long as ppl spend money before even playing league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info