Bro, i love this game, but...

"
"
GnomoCS wrote:
Why don't GGG just put a check box for you to enable and disable heavy components? Yes, disable it completely, then you can customize your graphics to the point that you can play with a decent FPS.

They once said that they are against graphical settings because subpar graphics could lead to unfavorable publicity

Last league when i couldn't play for the first 2 months i just start looking at tweaking the game, steam commands launch and heard of a program that can strip the game a lot, but was like 40$, not that kind of person to pay for something on internet randomly and found out it was against ToS, so there is already someone that did it for them, to make the game easier to run on your pc ...
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
I have a fairly decent system, with an AMD 7 7700, Nvidia 4070 and 48GB DDR5 RAM. EVERY(!) time I enter town, dynamic culling/resolution is being activated and my game looks like it's 20 years older. This started this league. Something is off.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I have a fairly decent system, with an AMD 7 7700, Nvidia 4070 and 48GB DDR5 RAM. EVERY(!) time I enter town, dynamic culling/resolution is being activated and my game looks like it's 20 years older. This started this league. Something is off.

Obviously your system is not good enough now since they've updated the graphics engine this league.
the game actually runs fine on my pc atm. i have a 3.6 i5-8600K and a slightly overclocked 16gb 1070ti, im running it on a 1440p 144hz monitor in fullscreen windowed with a 2nd 1080p monitor on the side watching youtube or twitch or whatever. towns are fine, maps are fine, whatever the current state of patches and drivers is between my pc and the game everything plays pretty much perfectly.

its not always been that way on this pc mind you.
AMD Radeon HD 5700
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz
8GB super-cheap DDR2

I don't understand why my system is slowing down in town, either. After all, it's the system I used to beta/alpha test PoE, and it ran fine back then.
/sarcasm

But really, I'm playing it on that hardware.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Careful. Every single time someone mentions performance, you'll have white knights mentioning how the game runs flawlessly or "buttery smooth" on "full-juiced" maps, no matter what, and they don't even reach half their CPU/GPU usage with 6-8-year-old systems. They conveniently never mention their resolution, settings, etc. Almost like they actually have no concept of anything above 720-1080 at low settings, or what juiced actually means. Or they're full of shit.

It doesn't matter if people with 13900k/7950X3d/7800X3d, 4090, using the latest SSD and sweet spot DDR5 have performance dips. It doesn't matter if these are recorded and multiple people demonstrate artifacts and performance degradation due to poor optimization, or extreme physics interactions. 350% quant, 100% deli, Beyond, Legion, Harbinger and MTX visible from space... I'm sure your 3800 runs this fine at 4k max settings, dude! Every single streamer running MF last league dropping to <10fps when popping legions? Nah that's a user issue!

3.24 seems to have improved the state of POE's performance on my system with the specs mentioned above.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Apr 7, 2024, 4:39:53 PM
Just upgrade your old PC. Problem solved.
I'm a heathen and play on an M1 Macbook Pro. Affliction worked well, until I juiced hard at the end.

This league, however, my machine can't even handle an unmodified low level Breach. Let alone ANY Harbinger.

No idea what changed, but it's pretty terrible, and the prospect of dropping $1k+ to get a machine just to play this feels equally terrible.
"
Aberosh1819 wrote:
I'm a heathen and play on an M1 Macbook Pro. Affliction worked well, until I juiced hard at the end.

This league, however, my machine can't even handle an unmodified low level Breach. Let alone ANY Harbinger.

No idea what changed, but it's pretty terrible, and the prospect of dropping $1k+ to get a machine just to play this feels equally terrible.

The 3.21.3 performance update patch is what caused harbinger to create so much chaos. Artifacts appearing since then has lessened, but for a whole year I couldn't play cemetery maps as that was unplayable.

This may sound rather elitest, though from a hardware-demand perspective, it's not juiced hard until it has 100% delirium, Beyond, Legion and Harb on 300%+ quant, 8-mod t16s. Then ty that at 4k max settings with culling off. My PC was over $4,500 (just for the tower) and I get performance dips to 10fps in those situations sometimes.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info