Bro, i love this game, but...

"
Ulsarek wrote:
Such nonsense. Literally everyone can use FSR. Even Intel's XESS is catching up. It's just a matter of wanting to put in the developement time and resources.

It is not non-sense. You literally have no clue what you're talking about.

System Requirements

Engine Requirements
  • DirectX 11, DirectX 12, or Vulkan based
  • Additional note for Vulkan: The Vulkan path of DLSS expects the application to run on a Vulkan version 1.1 or late
  • On each evaluate call (i.e. each frame), provide
  • The raw color buffer for the frame (in HDR or LDR/SDR space)
  • Screen space motion vectors that are: accurate and calculated at 16 or 32 bits per-pixel; and updated each frame.
  • The depth buffer for the frame.
  • The exposure value (if processing in HDR space).

And watch Sanya's commentaty about this before posting nonsense. Motion vectors will ruin FPS for older hardware. You basically want more FPS by blurring the image for the cost of trashing FPS for the users who doesn't own RTX 2080+ GPUs making the situation even worse.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 5, 2024, 1:12:33 PM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:
Such nonsense. Literally everyone can use FSR. Even Intel's XESS is catching up. It's just a matter of wanting to put in the developement time and resources.

System Requirements

Engine Requirements
  • Additional note for Vulkan: The Vulkan path of DLSS expects the application to run on a Vulkan version 1.1 or late
  • Screen space motion vectors that are: accurate and calculated at 16 or 32 bits per-pixel; and updated each frame.

And watch Sanya's commentaty about this before posting nonsense. Motion vectors will ruin FPS for older hardware.
Ah yes, I like how you are linking to the DLSS requirements and continue talking about that when you quote me on FSR. Reading sure is hard these days, isn't it.
Indeed reading is hard.
FidelityFX SDK
"

Providing motion vectors
Space

A key part of a temporal algorithm (be it antialiasing or upscaling) is the provision of motion vectors. FSR accepts motion vectors in 2D which encode the motion from a pixel in the current frame to the position of that same pixel in the previous frame. FSR expects that motion vectors are provided by the application in [**<-width, -height>**..**<width, height>**] range; this matches screenspace. For example, a motion vector for a pixel in the upper-left corner of the screen with a value of **<width, height>** would represent a motion that traversed the full width and height of the input surfaces, originating from the bottom-right corner.

Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 5, 2024, 1:19:38 PM
I was having issues in town but recently got a 5800X3d CPU and that really helped. This game seems to be very CPU intensive.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:

System Requirements

Engine Requirements

And watch Sanya's commentaty about this before posting nonsense. Motion vectors will ruin FPS for older hardware. You basically want more FPS by blurring the image for the cost of trashing FPS for the users who doesn't own RTX 2080+ GPUs making the situation even worse.

[Removed by Support] Motion vectors are only used when DLSS is enabled. How would it hinder people with lower specs that don't use DLSS (I suppose that's what you mean?).

Edit: all Nvidia cards officially capable of running DLSS 2+ are well well capable of handling motion vectors.
Last edited by Silverpelt on Apr 5, 2024, 1:59:50 PM
"
Silverpelt wrote:

Motion vectors are only used when DLSS is enabled. How would it hinder people with lower specs that don't use DLSS (I suppose that's what you mean?).

Edit: all Nvidia cards officially capable of running DLSS 2+ are well well capable of handling motion vectors.

1. FPS drops because of overhead
2. "capable" is not the same as "for zero cost"
3. People play this game on 670, 780, 970 GPUs and/or integrated video from Intel / AMD. Even on 1060s it will impact FPS. We have very good example how that technology impacts FPS even if DLSS/FSR is not used. Cyberpunk 2077. Profile the frames with NVIDIA Inspector.

Adding motion vectors to the engine is not just turning a switch as most of you think. I'm very happy none of you are in development of the game. Because it would be a total mess as most indie games are. Let GGG to sort shit out, even if they are not the best in terms of programming and algorythms (comparing to some serious projects) but at least they know how to deal with their own engine.

PS I suggest you to buy supporter pack or some MTX / tabs to support them. It's the best thing you can do.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Apr 5, 2024, 2:48:12 PM
"
cursorTarget wrote:

1. FPS drops because of overhead
2. "capable" is not the same as "for zero cost"
3. People play this game on 670, 780, 970 GPUs and/or integrated video from Intel / AMD. Even on 1060s it will impact FPS. We have very good example how that technology impacts FPS even if DLSS/FSR is not used. Cyberpunk 2077. Profile the frames with NVIDIA Inspector.

Adding motion vectors to the engine is not just turning a switch as most of you think. I'm very happy none of you are in development of the game. Because it would be a total mess as most indie games are. Let GGG to sort shit out, even if they are not the best in terms of programming and algorythms (comparing to some serious projects) but at least they know how to deal with their own engine.

[...]

Got any reliable sources to back your claims? You're sure you're not confusing Denuveo and DLSS?

"
cursorTarget wrote:

[...]
PS I suggest you to buy supporter pack or some MTX / tabs to support them. It's the best thing you can do.
PPS If you think you can provide better technical

Maybe start by buying some yourself Instead of telling people to buy MTX.

I did, I bought a supporter pack last month, this month I bought Last Epoch on Steam. I go play that every time I cringe mapping in POE, wondering if the maps are just bugged or if they just plain stealth nerfed loot and mob density without saying anything in the patch note.

I only spend money when I'm happy with the league or game in general, like any other sane person would do.

Last edited by Silverpelt on Apr 5, 2024, 3:14:29 PM
"
cursorTarget wrote:
Why do you ask the same question again? Sanya "3 balla" already answered why. They do not want to make the game looks like ugly trash. It's F2P and the game has to attract players. So buy new hardware and accept it.
🤓
wym "same question again"?

I don't have this problem and I don't care if this is implemented...
The idea against this, amounts to the community crying in the past for GGG to nerf the legacy aurastack AND WHO WAS ASKING TO NERF DIDN'T EVEN PLAY WITH AURASTACK, the game is against bots is it so confusing to let it all go?
📦
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/rhzfyj/please_ggg_allow_master_missions_be_traded_with/
✅ https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/paymx2/suggestion_stack_on_map_device_so_you_just_put/
"
GnomoCS wrote:

wym "same question again"?

This one is duplicate post:
"
GnomoCS wrote:
Why don't GGG just put a checkbox for you to enable and disable heavy components? Yes, disable it completely, then you can customize your graphics to the point that you can play with a decent FPS.

For example, as in this explanation that refined the graphic:
https://www.youtube.com/live/XE3MAFGDzWw?si=TiK7lOsjrH4ZNBZK&t=3171
We should have a checkbox to choose whether it will be refined or not, both for the calculations made by the GPU and those made by the CPU, making the game look uglier but faster for the CPU or GPU.

This is so simple to implement, and it drives me crazy how this isn't in the game yet.

And for those who argue that you can make the game Minecraft-style and that this will make the person not have fun and close the game, well, they are already closing the game and not having fun because they are currently unable to play.

"
GnomoCS wrote:

I don't have this problem and I don't care if this is implemented...
The idea against this, amounts to the community crying in the past for GGG to nerf the legacy aurastack AND WHO WAS ASKING TO NERF DIDN'T EVEN PLAY WITH AURASTACK, the game is against bots is it so confusing to let it all go?

That's ok because you (and other players) we are not playing in vacuum but with shared economy. If some archetype has advantage over another one, the player using strong build just has better income, better items, better and faster progressions and more fun than dude playing slow / weak build. We are not playing Skyrim.
"
GnomoCS wrote:
Why don't GGG just put a check box for you to enable and disable heavy components? Yes, disable it completely, then you can customize your graphics to the point that you can play with a decent FPS.

They once said that they are against graphical settings because subpar graphics could lead to unfavorable publicity

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info