How many runs for a transfigured gem?

Anyone who's ran lab over and over understands the meaninglessness. I don't want to be in lab. I don't want to bring my exp to a halt. I don't like doing things that aren't rewarding. Why is it so hard to get a build enabling transfigured gem from lab?

There's options all the time for added quality, added experience, a transfigured gem of the same color, but of the same TYPE? Nooooo. And when you do get that option after a dozen runs or so it's supposedly a 50/50? Doesn't feel like it.

Fun is gone. Time feels wasted. Not even playing what I want to play and should be in "end game" systems long ago, but no, I'm still looking for the gem I need.
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2024, 5:07:26 PM
So you would rather run heist? New method is way easier and even if you don't get what you want you still get some quality for your other gems.
hoho heist was 10x better.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
xPiranha wrote:

hoho even with doors that you have to click-open and leveling your rogues, add gear for them, still better than lab
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
Totally agree with the OP but unfortunately GG are well aware of the unnecessary friction this causes and have no interest in changing it. Gotta make Lab somehow relevant rather than actually add a good QoL change to the game.

Previously we had certain gems gated behind character selection or random drop. GG saw this was unnecessarily limiting and introduced the gem vendor mid way through the campaign. Years later GG introduces more gems and decides to gate them behind a game mechanic that is oft maligned as being tedious and poorly crafted. I mean, is their an Alzheimer's outbreak at GG, is everyone OK over there?

Also, Transfigured gems are not the equivalent of Heist gems. If people think that's a good analogy and justification, then why don't we move all gems into Lab? If it's exciting to gamble for a certain group of gems, then it must be even more exciting to gamble for all the gems!
"
Totally agree with the OP but unfortunately GG are well aware of the unnecessary friction this causes and have no interest in changing it. Gotta make Lab somehow relevant rather than actually add a good QoL change to the game.

Previously we had certain gems gated behind character selection or random drop. GG saw this was unnecessarily limiting and introduced the gem vendor mid way through the campaign. Years later GG introduces more gems and decides to gate them behind a game mechanic that is oft maligned as being tedious and poorly crafted. I mean, is their an Alzheimer's outbreak at GG, is everyone OK over there?

Also, Transfigured gems are not the equivalent of Heist gems. If people think that's a good analogy and justification, then why don't we move all gems into Lab? If it's exciting to gamble for a certain group of gems, then it must be even more exciting to gamble for all the gems!
May not be the equivalent but Heist was butchered because of it.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
I was able to buy the one I wanted as soon as I got my first chaos orb during league start (act 6 or 7). Worked out well for me as I only had to run lab to get my ascendancy points as there was a good supply for my gem, hence the low price.

Not sure I would have wanted to run lab until I got it if things had been different, but at least I would hopefully been able to get another gem I could sell to be able to buy mine in a reasonable amount of time.

It surely helped that I wasn't starting with a more popular choice, but all in all things went pretty smooth for my first league start with a transfigured gem.

"
xPiranha wrote:

I disagree with that. Rather do lab tbh, with all the setup that heist has.
Ive been running lab for 3 days... Still no gem.

RNG is a bitch right? Funny thing is, the pool of Transfigured gems is only getting bigger each league.
"
Neothanos wrote:

RNG is a bitch right? Funny thing is, the pool of Transfigured gems is only getting bigger each league.

You have choice to turn gem into its trans version so it doesnt matter whether there is 10 of them or 1000.
Few runs of merc lab and you will get it (since its not 100% chance to get this)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info