Season Two, Event 35: 30 Minute Lethal Solo

"
Lionguild wrote:
You'd be right for normal races Rullegardin but Lethal races you need to go at a much slower pace to stay alive. This is especially true for anyone who does not already win or at least place in a lot of races already.

sorry change everything i wrote to regard Lethal races only- You must be downright RETARDED you dont get lvl 8 in a NORMAL race.
There is still NO excuse other than your very first time playing a race to NOT hit level 8 in a 30minute LETHAL race. Death could be used as an excuse in some cases tho

If the issue of the points scale is so bad, technically it should be possible for GGG to implement the point scale based off raw experience values, not levels. For the shorter races, this would allow greater fine-tuning of thresholds, perhaps making the scale more reaosnable.

(Also if saying the levels are 100k, 150k, 200k for example, these can easily be changed to levels [so people can get a feel for it] by referring to them as level 2.4, 3.5 and 3.9.*)

*Numbers not taken from game, simply here to illustrate a point.
===============================================
If this post relates to trading items whether as a buyer or a seller,
please feel free to negotiate, you never know what might happen!
===============================================
The Issue for me Is I cannot attend as many races as I'd like, Due to time zone differences and IRL things, And more often than not I can get between 3-5 points a race, My "Napkin Maths" predict that I'll get 407 points for the season which Is OK *IF* I can keep up my current performance.

My biggest gripe Is the 12 minute turbos, If you don't hit that top 20 bracket you aren't getting anything, Wouldn't It be more productive to stick In level brackets? 5 for a point, 6 for three and so on?
"
Rullegardin wrote:
holy fuck bitches be whining

shut the fuck up about not enough reward points and "even level 8 in 30min race is not for casuals"

If you don't get level 8 in a 30minute race it is either:
- Your VERY first time you play Path of Exile
- You didn't start before halfway in
- You go for a shower, cook dinner, or do your laundry
- You don't know what "race" means

ok im done with the rage

Fuck all of ya complaining like little bitches. Man up AND WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK IF YOU GET POINTS OR NOT

Strong words.

You completed 22 races in PoE. Your only completed lethal race was a 3(!) Hour Lethal Party race. You got to level 3 with a ranger.

So put your money where your mouth is. Show us today that you can easily get level 8.

I'm curious about your result.
"
Rullegardin wrote:
WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK IF YOU GET POINTS OR NOT

Yeah, why exactly do people race? What's the point? It seems many people are questioning this.

The irony is that if the point system was changed so that more people could win prizes, more people would begin to question the prizes. Impossible to please everyone.

Personally, I like to feel a sense of competition with similarly skilled players. That really motivates me to take part and improve. I don't care so much for the points or the prizes - though it's nice to get at least one point for making some effort in the race.

IRacing.com (online car racing sim) has the concept of Divisions. Your division is calculated by your average race finish. If you want, you can focus completely on racing against people in your division and ignore what's going on at the top of the league until you're ready to move up.

Anyway, assuming we won't get divisions any time soon, I like the suggestions here of giving out one point to a larger number of players and perhaps making the lower rewards scale a little more linearly. There should still be an exponential curve towards the top 5% as this effectively creates an elite division: a group of people that have so many points, the plebs could never catch them with their 1-point rewards.

There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Last edited by obadonke on Apr 28, 2013, 7:07:41 AM
"
Khy wrote:
"
Rullegardin wrote:

Strong words.

You completed 22 races in PoE. Your only completed lethal race was a 3(!) Hour Lethal Party race. You got to level 3 with a ranger.

So put your money where your mouth is. Show us today that you can easily get level 8.

Even if I agree he may struggle to get level 8 in a lethal race, Rullegardin's already proved he can get beyond level 8 in an ordinary 30 minute race which is way better than I can do yet so I respect his achievements to date! :)

Rullegardin: when you're able to get to Level 15 in 30 minutes, I hope you won't come back here bitching on RETARDS that can only make it to Level 9 in 30 minutes. Don't forget your roots man.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
"
Khy wrote:
"
Rullegardin wrote:
holy fuck bitches be whining

shut the fuck up about not enough reward points and "even level 8 in 30min race is not for casuals"

If you don't get level 8 in a 30minute race it is either:
- Your VERY first time you play Path of Exile
- You didn't start before halfway in
- You go for a shower, cook dinner, or do your laundry
- You don't know what "race" means

ok im done with the rage

Fuck all of ya complaining like little bitches. Man up AND WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK IF YOU GET POINTS OR NOT

Strong words.

Nicely done Khy! It's amazing what a bit of research can reveal. Some people love to mouth off but they can't put their money where their mouth is. An elitist attitude just alienates new players to this game.

But any intelligent person knows that PoE NEEDS to keep having more new players to survive.
If you love this game, and want it to keep going for many more years, it's in your best interest to welcome newbies and expand the player base instead of being an elitist prick and alienating potential supporters.
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Khy wrote:
You have to come to the conclusion that Qarl just wants to frustrate or preclude all the casuals and even the middle tier players from the races. The majority of the non "No-Life players" will be fed up with racing pretty soon. In season two there are absolutely brainsick requirements just to make some little points.

That certainly is not the intention. There may be changes to point thresholds from week three of the season, but I am keen to see responses to these races.

One highly requested feature was that race rewards had more reflection to the length of races. Do you think as many points should be rewarded in a 30 minute race as a 3 hour race or a one week race?

Qarl, thank you for reading the feedback, but you did not understand. It's not only about the amount of points, it's about the thresholds. Of course you could question why you raise the upper race prices to insane 1000 points for an item. But that's not the thing for us casuals and middle tier players who build the majority of the PoE population.

You raised the thresholds, especially the lower ones so drastically that there is the danger of frustrating players. Because, if a player doesn't have chances in races to get even a tiny point or has to struggle to get at least three, why should he participate anymore? For the "fun"...? Every day two times the same "fun" of playing the starting area over and over again? Without rewards?

I have the feeling that you treat season two as a big playground, messing around thresholds and points. But this isn't a Between Season. You say that there may be changes in the next weeks of the season. What you don't understand is that you might do the damage now. If you frustrate players now, they won't come back for upcoming weeks.
"
GotzYourBike wrote:
I kinda like the idea of no reward for participation.

Too many games are trying to keep player base by giving away free stuff all over the place.

It gets boring.

<
I have 2 points. woo. I get flattened in these races. I usually die. That's good. It means there is room for improvement - there is something for me to do.

Half the players in each race are just getting themselves to level 15 and then logging out. That tells me the rewards at low levels are too high and people already can't be bothered to put any real effort in. If you make them any higher we're all just going to create a character and delete it again each time there's a race.

So while I'm terribly sorry that us causual players aren't getting the Sword of Instant Doom as an automatic thankyou for bothering to show up, there has GOT to be a significantly better reward in place for those that win or there is no point having the event in the first place, you could just dish out the rewards.

Or, to quote one particular super villain:
"Everyone can be super! And when everyone's super, no one will be."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info