bug: new Ele hit transfigured gem is missing Melee tag

"
neohongkong wrote:
It is by design.......why don't you ask "Raise Zombie of Falling" should make the zombie stay alive as the base gem behave?

Quite a lot of trans-gem and "cis-gem" have different sets of gem tag.

almost all of which are thematic and justified by their name/theme

Ele hit is a skill that works with melee, wand and bow.

The T-gem has no thematic justification (nor strength or use case justification) for excluding melee.

Therefore my assumption is they missed it and omitted it by mistake. Understandably because almost no attention is ever given to melee by the devs.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Therefore my assumption

Oh my god......
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
This is a lot of Feedback in the form of a Bug Report, conveying only the message of "You shouldn't have released a ranged themed Elemental Hit if you couldn't release a Melee themed Elemental Hit at the same time."
I'm confused as to why would anyone bother to use this Fig gem instead of the regular version if they use bows and wands; seeing as it's way less damage. In fact, I'm wondering if this Fig gem was released too early or incomplete because with the lower damage, by all rights this SHOULD be able to add in other damage types including chaos. Yet it still has the restriction on it just written a different way.

As for the Original Poster's point, I fully agree with him. I can't see not including melee tag. However, to play devil's advocate here if you look at some gems like Molten Strike for instance they completely changed the weapon type. Fig version now requires 2 handed weapon only (for some reason ugh); so with Fig gems changing the types it does set the precedence for such a drastic change.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
"
seeing as it's way less damage.

you use 2 threshold gem less. I haven't use pob but that is what i think of
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info