bug: new Ele hit transfigured gem is missing Melee tag

understandable bug, no one at GGG pays any attention to melee so no one remembered that this gem has the melee tag.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 28, 2024, 3:52:36 PM
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2024, 6:45:04 AM
"
Fires a projectile with a wand or bow
"
alhazred70 wrote:
understandable bug, no one at GGG pays any attention to melee so no one remembered that this gem has the melee tag.

It is a trans-gem, despite not yet datamined, i doubt it can be used without bow or wand......so no melee tag is totally logical
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
guys none of that matters its clearly a case of the Dev not realizing that Ele hit is also a melee skill because no one at GGG pays any attention to it.

there's no good reason why they shouldn't just add it, and change the wording to "weapon" just like the base gem. Easy mistake, easilly corrected. and a tiny little bone thrown to melee players who already have the most tiny and half-hearted selection of T-gems.

I mean unless they just intended to flip melee players another in a countless 12 year string of middle fingers. Which is also entirely plausible I suppose.
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 29, 2024, 12:10:28 AM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
guys none of that matters its clearly a case of the Dev not realizing that Ele hit is also a melee skill because no one at GGG pays any attention to it.

there's no good reason why they shouldn't just add it, and change the wording to "weapon" just like the base gem. Easy mistake, easilly corrected. and a tiny little bone thrown to melee players who already have the most tiny and half-hearted selection of T-gems.

I mean unless they just intended to flip melee players another in a countless 12 year string of middle fingers. Which is also entirely plausible I suppose.

It is a trans-gem, aka a separate gem
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"
neohongkong wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

so what? usually when they have different weapons its theme based and reasonable and makes sense.

this is clearly just someone forgetting.
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:

so what? usually when they have different weapons its theme based and reasonable and makes sense.

this is clearly just someone forgetting.

The gem is restricted to bow and wand and the game forbidden you to melee with those two weapon.

Try feedback to allow you to have melee bow meta

"
neohongkong wrote:

The gem is restricted to bow and wand and the game forbidden you to melee with those two weapon.

Try feedback to allow you to have melee bow meta

This makes no sense, Ele hit base gem allows Bow Wands and Melee. You're pretending they have to do something special that doesn't already exist.

My view is that they missed the fact that the base gem has a melee tag IMO.

You telling me that the game can't handle a new extremely rare multi playstyle skill gem? There's only a couple of these things in the first place why not throw poor melee a bone?

Would not even be the first time they've omitted such a thing by accident. Happens all the time. which is why I bug report it.

Anyone remember Charged dash being bugged for 3 years before they fixed it by making the bugged behavior official by changing the wording? You guys trying to quibble with me over this seem to not remember your POE history, this happens just about every patch, misworded, missed tags, inaccurate descriptions, omissions. Why argue?
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 29, 2024, 12:35:36 AM
It is by design.......why don't you ask "Raise Zombie of Falling" should make the zombie stay alive as the base gem behave?

Quite a lot of trans-gem and "cis-gem" have different sets of gem tag.

Also, really try feedback on asking why design a new trans-gem that DESIGNED TO BE only works for ranged weapon and not open to all weapon, instead of saying it is a bug.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info