Cannot complete Einhar quest in Ruthless - no Menangerie.

Spoke to Einhar for first time after getting to act 2. Went to location. Einhar shows up. Proceed to do quest. I had to log off in the middle of it (home situation). Now cannot complete quest. I understand he doesn't show up as much in ruthless after completing this. But I have not gotten the chance to complete it. I cannot access menagerie.
Last edited by Crimlet on Apr 1, 2024, 10:20:59 PM
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2024, 12:31:23 AM
In Ruthless League, masters such as Einhar do not have guaranteed quest spawns like they do in the base game. You can still find them randomly, albeit rarely, or wait until Maps where you can use some methods to guarantee spawn.
Deleted.
Last edited by Crimlet on Apr 1, 2024, 10:15:11 PM
Masters have received several changes in their reward systems:

Masters are not guaranteed to show up in certain locations during the acts[7] and have had their chance to appear reduced. They can appear from Act 2, Act 4, Act 7, and Act 9 respectively.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3330088
Deleted.
Last edited by Crimlet on Apr 1, 2024, 10:14:59 PM
Are you saying the first time he randomly appears in an act area or in a map with beasts to hunt, the menagerie is not unlocking after successfully capturing all the beasts?
"
Crimlet wrote:
And that is not referring to the first time activating the quest which is always a guarantee to do the quest for the first time to get the menagerie. That is referring to his occurrences onward. Because they show up once in awhile throughout the game. But the first time activating the quest he is guaranteed so you can complete it and access the menagerie.

That "first time activating the quest which is always a guarantee" is exactly what they're talking about. It's a guarantee in the normal modes; it is not a guarantee in Ruthless.

This isn't something new, this is how Ruthless has always been:
https://www.pathofexile.com/ruthless

"
Master Missions are not guaranteed to appear in the campaign.
I no longer understand what you mean. Have you met Einhar yet or not? Have you completed his quest or not? Did you talk to him in town or in the combat zone?
In normal mode, Einhar is guaranteed to appear in the second act in the combat zone, allowing you to capture beasts and complete the quest. In Ruthless mode, Einhar does not have this guaranteed spawn, and the overall chance of his spawn is also reduced.
Deleted.
Last edited by Crimlet on Apr 1, 2024, 10:16:06 PM
"
Crimlet wrote:
The first time activating the quest, you go to location, and it is guaranteed to meet him there. For only the first time.
Nope.

What you are describing is exactly the behavior of the normal mode, not ruthless.

"
Rhys wrote:
This is not a bug. In Ruthless Leagues, masters such as Einhar do not have guaranteed quest spawns like they do in the base game. This is why the quest log is different in Ruthless, and does not direct you to a specific area.

You can still find them randomly, albeit rarely, or wait until endgame Maps where you can use scarabs or Atlas Missions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info