does GGG want for every build to use mana flask?

i think ive used a mana flask on at best 5% of endgame builds ive played yet ive never used the reduced mana cost jewel mod or the benched flask mod.

just regen it or leech it.
"
"
Aynix wrote:
No. They wil be happy once you wont be able to endlessly spam your skills and you will need to consider mana as a resource.

Acting as if Mana Cost isn't another problem that needs to be solved. Finding solutions to problems is the whole point of the game and why it's so fun to make builds.

Spending resources to get skills close to zero, or zero, isn't any different than picking up resistances, Leech and whatnot. It's merely a different way of using a resource to overcome a particular problem. It's not like it doesn't come at a cost.

Currently the cost is VERY low, close to meaningless. Compared to something like LE where I had to sacrifice a lot of survavibility and damage to get decent mana regen on my character (because you can get only 4 mods on an item and mana regen shares prefix with most damage mods like crit chance/crit multi and also Health)
I always hated being gated by mana in games and if PoE will ever be turned into a game where you no longer can easily spam skills all you want, I probably wont be playing it anymore.
"
Aynix wrote:
Compared to something like LE where I had to sacrifice a lot of survavibility and damage to get decent mana regen on my character (because you can get only 4 mods on an item and mana regen shares prefix with most damage mods like crit chance/crit multi and also Health)

You need to play more. Items can have up to 4 extra total affixes when crafted into legendaries. That's how endgame works and how you solve certain problems.

Also, welcome to Last Epoch: click
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Last edited by BaumisMagicalWorld on Mar 25, 2024, 4:15:36 PM
"
"
Aynix wrote:
Compared to something like LE where I had to sacrifice a lot of survavibility and damage to get decent mana regen on my character (because you can get only 4 mods on an item and mana regen shares prefix with most damage mods like crit chance/crit multi and also Health)

You need to play more. Items can have up to 4 extra total affixes when crafted into legendaries. That's how endgame works and how you solve certain problems.

That is incorrect. Only unique items can have legendary potential which allows to combine exalted items with uniques to creates legedanry ones. You still can get only 4 mods on it (and whatever the unique does).
If you want to correct someone, first check if you are even right.
The flask mod was removed because Pathfinder was getting out of hand. It also nerfed the topend builds running Mageblood which were free-casting easily. At the same time they nerfed Headhunter with the change to Soul Eater, while simultaneously making the mod more manageable on monsters. Gotta say: great change, and very welcome!

You can still get incredibly OP without that. Having to invest into resource recovery isn't bad at all
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Aynix wrote:
"

That is incorrect. Only unique items can have legendary potential which allows to combine exalted items with uniques to creates legedanry ones.

And that differs from what I said... how? There are BiS uniques that get crafted into legendaries. And in your case in particular, there are plenty of good Mana ones.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
"
"
Aynix wrote:
"

That is incorrect. Only unique items can have legendary potential which allows to combine exalted items with uniques to creates legedanry ones.

And that differs from what I said... how? There are BiS uniques that get crafted into legendaries. And in your case in particular, there are plenty of good Mana ones.

Because I was talking that item can have only 4 mods and you start talking about legendary items for some unknown reason. Imagine that there are builds that are NOT meta RUnemaster and that are using exlated items, not uniques. In many scenarion exlated item will be better than unique one except if the unique is "build defining". You dont just slap any garbage unique into a build because it was 4 LP (even if ignore fact that 4LP uniques are comparable to mageblod/HH here, they are super rare).
"
Aynix wrote:
Because I was talking that item can have only 4 mods

Which is false anyway. They can have 5 affixes with 1 of them being sealed. You need to chill, my guy.
"
"
Aynix wrote:
Because I was talking that item can have only 4 mods

Which is false anyway. They can have 5 affixes with 1 of them being sealed. You need to chill, my guy.

Yes, you can have sealed affix. If you want to craft same item 100 times that is. The higher tier, the chance you will seal it way lower and you cannot keep trying as much you want because each try costs forging potential. IF you plan to play only single build forever and want to bother with minamxing, have fun. Thats not how I play.
This is a bad change in my opinion, what makes PoE great and so much better than other arpgs(D4/LE) is that you are not capped on how powerful you want to be and can spam spells as much as you want at endgame.

With this change some map mods are now dead(no regen/no leech) where as before with enough investment you can do them. Now you have to sacrifice too much to be able to do them if you can even do them at all.

I have been playing around with PoB trying to see if I can get my main skill down to 0 with these changes and you will need to have the helmet enchant if you have an attack skill and 2 rings with minus cost and inspiration(which will make it a 5 link instead of a 6 link or will need to have it on another skill you use aswell). So if you cannot have both rings or a amulet and ring with the minus cost you will not be able to reach no mana cost of skills, or an anoint to get tireless(which means you will lose out of a reservation, which you will need with this changes to be able to have all your auras as you cannot have a divine blessing one anymore)

Overall do not like this change and they should leave it for PoE 2(which will be dead pretty quick if they keep it as is)

They do not seem to understand PoE only became popular because they enabled us to have zoom gameplay at endgame, something which they keep trying to stop(although we always find a way and this will be no different).

D4 have this play style and it is a dead game, LE also has it and I did not last a month and won't be going back, neither will anyone else I play arpgs with. We all love the struggle at the start of a league but what keeps us playing is the ability to become a god at end game.
Last edited by HoloKasT on Mar 26, 2024, 7:25:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info