does GGG want for every build to use mana flask?

once again mana cost nerfs is GGG plan to force all builds into using mana flask? is that when the mana gonna be in the right spot? just curious when GGG gonna consider mana being in good spot?
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2024, 7:19:54 AM
Not mana flasks, but EB. :)
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Hardly with just the flask craft removal cause there are still so many other ways to lower or sustain the mana cost on pretty much every build.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
Hardly with just the flask craft removal

They removed the jewel mod, too. They gave a big % max Mana node Mana Regen.

They previously removed "18% reduced Mana Cost of Skills if you've been Hit Recently" when they removed Lab enchants. A mod that hard carried my build's Mana management. I then had to use the flask mod in addition to the jewel mod. Now they removed that, too.

And, I guess, F everyone else who wants to build Mana heavy builds on the bottom right side of the tree. Have fun spending a ton of points travelling to Mana Cost nodes, or just throw that idea out the window altogether.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
They could have reworked on inspiration, so don't be that angry lol
The purpose of the mana reduction cost nerfs was to minimize endgame builds with mageblood or pathfinders from easily accessing divine blessing, thus squeezing an extra aura into their builds. Other mana woes related to the changes are tangential--collateral damage.

Mana stacking and eldritch battery are going to be the apotheosis of minmaxed endgame builds this league. Use them while you can, I'd wager they too are going to get nerfed next league if abused in kind.
"
Nadcel wrote:
They could have reworked on inspiration, so don't be that angry lol

i am not angry i am simply asking
they will take away EB next just watch
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
once again mana cost nerfs is GGG plan to force all builds into using mana flask? is that when the mana gonna be in the right spot? just curious when GGG gonna consider mana being in good spot?

No. They wil be happy once you wont be able to endlessly spam your skills and you will need to consider mana as a resource.
"
Aynix wrote:
No. They wil be happy once you wont be able to endlessly spam your skills and you will need to consider mana as a resource.

Acting as if Mana Cost isn't another problem that needs to be solved. Finding solutions to problems is the whole point of the game and why it's so fun to make builds.

Spending resources to get skills close to zero, or zero, isn't any different than picking up resistances, Leech and whatnot. It's merely a different way of using a resource to overcome a particular problem. It's not like it doesn't come at a cost.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Last edited by BaumisMagicalWorld on Mar 25, 2024, 3:39:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info