3.24 Patch Notes Hot Topics

"
Aynix wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Who's gonna take a bet on whether or not OP will show up to respond to any replies here?

I bet he didnt even know that natural block cap is 75% and he just assumed he could stack block chance untill 100%.

What do you mean? I specifically said the cap limit

"#7 Maximum chance to block Attack Damage or Spell Damage can no longer be raised above 90%....... Again WHY?? Even though I could have sworn y'all nerfed block chance to have a cap of 75% some years ago; it now raises the question even more of WHY not make CAP LIMITS for the game overall? As if melee didn't have enough problems as is......"

"
Aynix wrote:
This change is huge nerf to Soul Eater on monsters. Currently they could get infinite amount of souls and have it permamently, creating literally Gods of Destruction that will kill even the strongests builds so fast you cannot react.

Once again, you didn't pay attention to what I said

"#2 Soul Eater Buff.......yet another prime example of monsters getting buffed while players get nerfed. All these years and they still can't seem to get the simple act of true balance yet. Save all that imbalanced stuff for that Ruthless mode. Big question is why do monsters get 2% less damage taken per soul consumed when players don't? To add insult, now players are losing 2 souls per second if they haven't gain any, like wtf? How in the world did you manage to turn RAMPAGE (which very few people use) into a stronger play gain than Soul Eater (a niche mechanic most people outside of using HH or Inspired Learning jewel, don't use)?"

As someone who uses Soul Eater on one of my builds without HH or Inspired Learning, you can't tell me this isn't an issue that needs to be addressed. In fact that's why I called out GGG for making that sudden buff to
with it being changed to 20 seconds now. My issue with that was about wanting GGG to be clear across the board with WHEN and WHY they do these "retro" nerfs or making something legacy. I've addressed this issue in another post which still remains to be answered by GGG with
being suddenly changed to boost the crit chance % BUT nerfing the crit multiplier from being -25% crit mulitplier(was the roll on that specific ammy version) to outright being "your critical strikes do no extra damage" aka no critical mulitplier at all. I've also asked about Shadowstich, etc... so yeah GGG let's hear it
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

Now, they need to remove stacked decks completely....and eventually div cards completely.

Oh, I can see how well THAT would go down, considering how many players forked over good money to create Div Cards. ='[.]'=

Players paid money to make cards instead of actual items themselves? Mind blown....if I'm paying $1k on something video game related it'd be on a VAST scale. But to make an item you can believe it would not be a card and would be an item; it'd be overpowered as fk, not "broken". As for Divination cards, from the first day they brought these into the game I've been against them due to GGG making the game more convoluted along with tons of other currency shards, etc. Basically way too many things flooding not only the drop pool but the game in general. Personally, I think GGG should make those cards exclusively for SSF modes only seeing as that's where the best usage of them would be.

It'd make 100% more sense due to 90% of the cards being worthless but also the same items available on the cards can just be traded for outside of SSF. Certain cards, such as the ones granting mirror shards and other shards of currency should be eliminated altogether; allow the actual item itself to drop. I know mirror shards only drop from Harbinger monsters, so instead a mirror itself should be able to drop seeing as both are equally rare. GGG seems to have made Eternals drop again but only exclusively for Ruthless mode so why not let SSF have the Divination cards to themselves?
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

"
B00b wrote:
"
#1 Left click for instant skills being disabled......WHY?!?

I always use phase run with left click. I do not conceive any other way to use it. This is a terrible change. Please, do not call it quality of life because it is not. Wait, is this because they want to introduce a new gem?
I suppose this is a decision to unify PC with consoles. They can move with the joystick, but PC gamers, cannot use wsad for movement. So, now we have the worst of both worlds.
But seriously. This feature was since day 1 and it was in the DNA of this game and after years of learning muscle memory it kinda breaks the game and force us to use macros.

"
#2 Soul Eater Buff......

At last! they tried to fix soul eater. I wonder why it took so long.

"
#3 Vorici Safehouse.......

Vorici, Aislin (just for making money), and maybe Hillock was the only reason for me to do betrayal. Since the combat with Catalina frankly sucks, I do not see any reason to use my time on this anymore. They really expect me to trade white sockets for scarabs? I never care about scarabs.

"
#4 Automation.......

It may have some use, but hardly. Some people may find a relieve of a finger locked to keep pressing a key. Why only instants? Why not fully automate any skills?

"
Divination cards...

I never care about divination cards. So, another reason to even care less.

"
Tattoo nerfs...

What are tatoos?

"
Maximum chance to block Attack Damage or Spell Damage

As a casual player I suppose I have never min max my character to the level to get 100% of anything. So, I don't have an opinion on this matter.

Soul Eater Buff was for monsters........not players and I addressed in this post my issue with it for the Player version not being buffed. Yeah, I never really cared for Scarabs and with the way they just added more of them and changed some functions of them raises the questions of why and what was the excuse for not reimplementing the use of leaguestones again? I vaguely remember the very same reason GGG said is contrary to them changing Scarabs now.

Everyone look at these and then look at the Scarabs and ask yourselves why don't we have these again? They seem to work in the same manner as scarabs AND those pesky Voidstones for the Atlas. In fact they're even similar to the new Atlas points. If GGG is insisting on needlessly filling up the game; then at least make it make sense.

"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
Uh huh, it's easy with THOSE specific ascend classes, but not with the rest. Hence my issue with having such a wide aimed nerf on a defense mechanic that affects ALL classes. GGG should have simply nerfed the chance to block on those ascend classes

You must be new here. Welcome to GGG's balancing. Get used to having your builds fucked over as collateral.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info