3.24 Patch Notes Hot Topics

"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
#7 Maximum chance to block Attack Damage or Spell Damage can no longer be raised above 90%....... Again WHY?? Even though I could have sworn y'all nerfed block chance to have a cap of 75% some years ago; it now raises the question even more of WHY not make CAP LIMITS for the game overall? As if melee didn't have enough problems as is......

Do you realize how easy it is already to get 90% Block?

Here: 2 items, 1 Gladiator node. Pretty much almost fixes hit damage entirely, now go spend the rest on damage.

Or do it like this with 63%/50% Block and 100%/56% Spell Suppression, with 200 Life gained on Block and 200 Life gained when you suppress Spell Damage. For relatively low investment. What's a hit?

It's flexible with the right class. You can do the same on a Slayer or Champion with Forbidden jewels for fairly low investment (not accounting for jewel prices).

You can do it on Ascendant as well, though you'd be missing the last 4%.

And yes, natural maximum Block cap is still 75%.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Who's gonna take a bet on whether or not OP will show up to respond to any replies here?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Who's gonna take a bet on whether or not OP will show up to respond to any replies here?

I bet he didnt even know that natural block cap is 75% and he just assumed he could stack block chance untill 100%.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

Now, they need to remove stacked decks completely....and eventually div cards completely.

Oh, I can see how well THAT would go down, considering how many players forked over good money to create Div Cards. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
#1 Left click for instant skills being disabled......WHY?!?

I always use phase run with left click. I do not conceive any other way to use it. This is a terrible change. Please, do not call it quality of life because it is not. Wait, is this because they want to introduce a new gem?
I suppose this is a decision to unify PC with consoles. They can move with the joystick, but PC gamers, cannot use wsad for movement. So, now we have the worst of both worlds.
But seriously. This feature was since day 1 and it was in the DNA of this game and after years of learning muscle memory it kinda breaks the game and force us to use macros.

"
#2 Soul Eater Buff......

At last! they tried to fix soul eater. I wonder why it took so long.

"
#3 Vorici Safehouse.......

Vorici, Aislin (just for making money), and maybe Hillock was the only reason for me to do betrayal. Since the combat with Catalina frankly sucks, I do not see any reason to use my time on this anymore. They really expect me to trade white sockets for scarabs? I never care about scarabs.

"
#4 Automation.......

It may have some use, but hardly. Some people may find a relieve of a finger locked to keep pressing a key. Why only instants? Why not fully automate any skills?

"
Divination cards...

I never care about divination cards. So, another reason to even care less.

"
Tattoo nerfs...

What are tatoos?

"
Maximum chance to block Attack Damage or Spell Damage

As a casual player I suppose I have never min max my character to the level to get 100% of anything. So, I don't have an opinion on this matter.
Last edited by B00b on Mar 26, 2024, 6:52:09 AM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Warvald wrote:
I wish they went through with the idea of removing stacked deck.

But yea they just added an invicible mobs.

Hope you guys don't let the soul eater get to 50 soul eaten.

Soul Eater works differently for monsters and players, dude. Please read up on the mechanic before complaining..

"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
This is just dumb on multiple levels. What in the actual fk? It's usual for the approach of 1 step forward, 4 steps backwards for GGG but this is beyond senseless with these random nerfs. Ok, let's get into this.

From your post I cannot tell if you are for or against capping player defences to the point you become immune to damage. Since you seem to be out of the loop with the game, during Affliction it was possible to reach 100% block chance and ignore anything that isn't damage over time, or inherently ignores block

There's a good reason player maximum resistance is capped at 90%. It's only fair that block is capped at 90% also, no?

No, I'm not for capping the possibility of player immunity; if someone puts in the work for their build and gears for it then by all means, why not let them enjoy the rewards from it? If they become bored with that char then that's on them to make a new one or downgrade themselves. Give players the option to choose for themselves how much effort they want to put in. By the way, it's currently possible for some people's chars to actually be immune to dying/ taking high damage. I've been in a map with a few different guys with different builds that were able to face tank uber Elder & Shaper together in front of the Maven.

Not every build can reach 90% block so easily. In fact; instead of GGG setting a nerf on block limit for players, they should have nerfed the ascend classes that have block nodes. Which wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility considering they've already started nerfing ascend classes a few years ago out of nowhere and continue to do so ever since.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
"
Worldguard wrote:
#2 - Im pretty sure this is not a mob buff. Current Soul Eater is nuts, if the target gets enough stacks, example Expedition.
The new Soul Eater stacks caps at 45, although they give 2% DR per stack, they will decay by 1 stack every 0.5 seconds after 5 seconds of no longer getting stacks.

#3 - I understand fully why they removed the 6 white sockets. We can still get 3 sockets "fairly" cheap. You can still add up to 6 through harvest crafting, if the item is worth it, example mirror items.
This also gives *some* value to uniques that youd like off colors on, with double corrupting. Overall, W.

#4 & #1 - This is basically just a console change, i hate it just as much as you. I can easily see people numpad around it or *something that shall be kept unnamed* to get back their automated insta casts. As for warcries, i do not understand why they removed Call to Arms on the passive tree. At least let us still have instant cast for manual use.

#5 - Im kinda happy with Boss uniques no longer being obtainable from Stacked Decks, Div boxes ect. It does indeed take away from the excitement of getting a Boss Unique, when you get it before actually fighting the boss.

#6 - Tattoo Nerf was fairly justified to not give too big of an increase of player power. They are now in place for you to have an actual use for additional stats that did nothing for your character, although its very small additions to your character, its still better than say 10 useless dexterity to have 5% increased cold damage.

#7 - Having access to 100% block was never an option, Having 100% block is obviously broken. Having 100% block will make you immortal to Attack Hits that are blockable, same for spellblock but for spell hits. Immortality has never been something GGG likes, this is again, a very good thing that they dont.

Overall, i do not get why you are upset about all the changes they do. Look at it from a positive angle. I do agree left click & forced automation gems ect sucks. So long numpad trick is a thing, this change is bad, as players will simply use that in place of left click instant cast.

Boss uniques being obtainted from cards was actually a good thing seeing as how gated and overpowered the bosses are. That's a blow to us all but a massive one for anyone playing SSF. Tattoos.....if GGG wanted to nerf them why wait until they're about to come to Standard to do it? Why not nerf it BEFORE it even comes into the game at all, like at the drawing board when GGG is coming up with this stuff or during "product testing" if they even do any internally at all =,= By the way, did you notice that they told us Tattoos would be nerfed but did not mention that it would also apply to those already used on our tree?

I'd love to be fully optimistic about the changes GGG does, if only they stopped treating PoE as if it's STILL in Beta mode and were upfront with the players as to WHY and the reasoning behind their decisions. Currently there's very little transparency and even less reasoning for most of the stuff being done. I want you and everyone else to actually think about and/or list the bunch of senseless nerfs that you've seen. Who can honestly say they've NEVER disagreed with any nerf (player aimed)? Remember the uproar that was caused when GGG first nerfed the ascend classes? The whole reasoning behind creating ascended classes was to be a powerup in the first place and for a nice while remained .....not untouched but unnerfed. Some of those STILL hurt builds to this day...Chiftain's 2% life regen deleted, Elementalist's Conflux - deleted and we're not even gonna go into the LACK of buff to the Ascendant (Scion)'s choices. It's one thing to be a jack of all trades but a master of none; but to outright give her none of the most useful nodes of the classes is still an outright crime. She's currently for a very niche type of build usage.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

"
jsuslak313 wrote:
I feel like OP read like....20% of what was written....and then created this post. Because so many of the things he wrote is just straight up wrong.

1) yes this is a big hot topic issue, NO it didn't take "30 pages" for anyone to notice. This was shown in the teasers and has gotten at least a week of HARD coverage in these forums and all over the place.

2) This is a HUGELY awesome thing for the game. Now, soul eater mobs you run into don't REMAIN immortal. You can finally run away from them for a few seconds, and they return to normal. Previously, Soul Eater mob could instantly destroy an entire MAP.

3) Scarabs are receiving a complete overhaul. The scarabs you "have" in your stash are nothing like the new scarabs will be. Who gives af about scarabs? Almost everyone. And WAY MORE people will care now with the new scarabs and systems in place. No one ever REALLY needed 6 white sockets on their gear, and as others have said, there are numerous other methods for getting 1-3 white sockets. 6 whites was more of a status symbol than anything else. New scarabs will make more betrayal dudes relevant again = AWESOME!!

4) Shows how much you understand how the game works in the first place...not at ALL correct

5) Div card change is AMAZING. Bosses finally have their uniques gated again behind....killing the boss. You can STILL trade for all these items fine, but the ORIGINAL source will always be from a boss. This was one of the worst things GGG ever did to boss drops in the first place. Now, they need to remove stacked decks completely....and eventually div cards completely.

6) Tattoos were a product of ToTA, and if you didn't play ToTA then I'm sorry....but they absolutely needed a nerf from their original state before being released globally. But if you play standard (you said you just got to experience tattoos...which weren't in this league), then you have access to all the un-nerfed tattoos anyway....

7) There are cap limits EVERYWHERE in this game!!!!!! What are you even talking about? 90% resists, 90% phys damage reduction, 95% evasion, SS impossible to get to 100% reduction, etc. 100% block chance should have NEVER been possible as others pointed out, totally negated the need for physical defense. And pretty darn easily too.

Just....all wrong.

Ironically enough it seems like you did exactly as you mentioned, read 20% of my post and replied as a hot button response to try being a white knight. You totally missed on that post where it's not UNTIL near page 30 or so when someone mentions the left click change. The first ones are mostly saying good job or hype; the same basic responses you typically see when GGG announces something even full blown patches with nerfs. Soul Eater issue you CLEARLY only read 20% of my post and maybe even 20% of GGG's post if you missed where it said the buff applies to the MONSTER version of Soul Eater and NOT the player version. You assumed I know little of how the game works and made your own assumptions about the Automation gem before it got in the game and as you clearly see joke's on you. It does indeed work on guard skills but more importantly I specifically asked GGG for more clarification on how it works; seeing as very little information was provided to us.

Lastly, I'm fully aware that there are cap limits in this game; but what YOU are wrong about is it being "everywhere". If cap limits were everywhere, then myself and quite a few others wouldn't have to constantly address the issue with GGG. Cap limits are player aimed, not monster aimed. You, yourself even named a few of them "90% resists, 90% phys damage reduction, 95% evasion, SS impossible to get to 100% reduction, etc." but the issue at hand is the fact that cap limits seem to only apply when it comes to players defenses and NOT other factors in the game like monster defenses, offensives (i.e. one shotting). In fact there's even a few aspects of player aimed offensive parts that are capped like when GGG capped Assassin's poison damage nodes to 100%. I posted about that issue years ago when they made that nerf, among other random ascend nerfs out the blue. Physical damage is NOT the only thing that's needed for block dude, even if we had 100% block chance.

So yeah.......your whole post is just all wrong dude. Too many people want to troll or be White Knights instead of paying attention.

"
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
#7 Maximum chance to block Attack Damage or Spell Damage can no longer be raised above 90%....... Again WHY?? Even though I could have sworn y'all nerfed block chance to have a cap of 75% some years ago; it now raises the question even more of WHY not make CAP LIMITS for the game overall? As if melee didn't have enough problems as is......

Do you realize how easy it is already to get 90% Block?

Here: 2 items, 1 Gladiator node. Pretty much almost fixes hit damage entirely, now go spend the rest on damage.

Or do it like this with 63%/50% Block and 100%/56% Spell Suppression, with 200 Life gained on Block and 200 Life gained when you suppress Spell Damage. For relatively low investment. What's a hit?

It's flexible with the right class. You can do the same on a Slayer or Champion with Forbidden jewels for fairly low investment (not accounting for jewel prices).

You can do it on Ascendant as well, though you'd be missing the last 4%.

And yes, natural maximum Block cap is still 75%.

Uh huh, it's easy with THOSE specific ascend classes, but not with the rest. Hence my issue with having such a wide aimed nerf on a defense mechanic that affects ALL classes. GGG should have simply nerfed the chance to block on those ascend classes as they've nerfed them in the past recent years instead of implementing a hard cap for everyone across the board. Spell casters are not commonly known to be Gladiators, Champions or Slayers and there are melee chars outside of those classes who aren't anywhere near the basic block nodes on the tree like Ranger, Shadow and Witch (spell block is nearby but less than half of the attack block % near the Marauder or Duelist).

If a Witch, Ranger or Shadow of any build is able to attain 75% block chance or more; then they rightly deserve to be able to have as much as the players are willing to invest. As for the Ascendant.....she has tons of problems as is being that she doesn't get the best node benefits from the classes she's able to choose from so it's not worth mentioning her. So my overall point is, don't nerf / put a cap on player defenses when GGG can instead focus on the limited few that are able to get nearly 100% block chance.

"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Looks like you lose that bet. You think I work for GGG or something? I don't duck and dodge, check my post history. Responding has never been an issue for me LOL. I saw the responses to this thread and definitely was coming back to this. Unlike GGG, I normally respond to posts pretty much within the same day or at most 3 days later, but I've been short on time the past month. Oh, trust me I couldn't wait to get around to having the time to reply to this post.

Took out then GF on her birthday around the time I posted this thread, had to prepare for our wedding (4/24), set up travel arrangements etc. Was in Vegas this week. Above all else it's VERY difficult to be a hardcore gamer and devote time in a relationship. Recently I've had to split time to simply having the game up being afk just for trades and alt tabbing when I hear the notification. (btw GGG we need a sound notification when a party invite is sent)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info