I know that GGG has made it pretty clear they DGAF about standard

They added qol not too long ago for standard. They added the map conversion button.

You can have a job and play temp league. It lasts 4 months. Games require time investment, this is true with any game. If you don't want to put in the time in the 4 months than you get to play a version of the game that is scuffed. Standard existing itself is bad for hctrade. People that make their living off of this game in a non-tos way will play the game for 18 hours a day for months at a time and periodically just buy up entire markets like hinekora locks and other special league currency that goes to standard and rip their character to make money. While doing that they create supply issues in the hctrade economy and as a result everything is super expensive.

Standard to me is just a training grounds for bosses if you play hc.
If I get bored of the league I play standard or if I skip the league and don't want to play any of the myriad other shitty games out there, I play standard.

There are always people playing standard and I can usually trade on standard if I feel the need. In general standard is not dead. No reason it shouldn't get some dev attention though I'm sure anything right now would be no more than a pat on the head with poe2 development (and let's not kid ourselves that will be 2 more years of constant work).
I thought this was evident for years but apparently some people still huff copium and don't want to believe this.

Standard IS useful very early league though. All endgame changes are there, you can hoop on your Standard character with full atlas tree and try a new endgame strategy immediately. You'll have a shit ton of veiled scarabs to unpack, go ahead unpack them, try different combinations of them, try to "juice" the content to the absolute max and see how it does.

You have access to that right away, whereas on league it will take some time before you blast through campaign and build your atlas skill tree.
If ggg didn't care about standard, there will be no veiled scarab. All the remaining scarabs, sextants, charge compasses will simply ripped out.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
I would be willing to bet only about 1% of the poe population cares about standard.

If you're population is less than 10% of the population you're not important ->refer to melee players.

Last time we got official numbers was from Chris Wilson in an interview and std amounted to 15% if i remember correctly.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
They added qol not too long ago for standard. They added the map conversion button.

You can have a job and play temp league. It lasts 4 months. Games require time investment, this is true with any game. If you don't want to put in the time in the 4 months than you get to play a version of the game that is scuffed. Standard existing itself is bad for hctrade. People that make their living off of this game in a non-tos way will play the game for 18 hours a day for months at a time and periodically just buy up entire markets like hinekora locks and other special league currency that goes to standard and rip their character to make money. While doing that they create supply issues in the hctrade economy and as a result everything is super expensive.

Standard to me is just a training grounds for bosses if you play hc.

map conversion is a long time ago thing. It break and changed to offer you remove-only map tab instead. you can still want to convert them all btw
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
I would be willing to bet only about 1% of the poe population cares about standard.

If you're population is less than 10% of the population you're not important ->refer to melee players.

chris wilson at his GDC talk said 10-15% of players play in standard.

he also said about 10% of players total play the aspirational high end content they add in leagues.
Standard... who cares
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
Standard... who cares

The 15% of the game's population who plays it. We also tend to buy a LOT of stash tabs.

Don't be dismissive, it is pointlessly unkind and combative.
"
"
Standard... who cares

The 15% of the game's population who plays it. We also tend to buy a LOT of stash tabs.

Don't be dismissive, it is pointlessly unkind and combative.

People who play on Standard care about what happens in Standard, and probably some others whose sympathy or empathy has expanded to dimensions larger than the microcosm of a selfish, puny ego.
Last edited by MoonPeace on Mar 26, 2024, 7:26:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info