I know that GGG has made it pretty clear they DGAF about standard

...but I am pretty concerned about Veiled Scarabs...

I will end up with about 50K of these. I know others that will have significantly more.

1) How will these be stored? With a normal remove only tab holding 20*144=2,880, will I get 17 or 18 remove only tabs? A remove only currency tab with 10x 5k stacks?

2) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us trade these to a vendor for a single stack of a random scarab. e.g. please dont make us click them 1 by 1 as if they are a stacked deck. This is going to be horrible. Let us trade an entire inventory to vendor, and get 60 stacks of scarabs back. Each stack randomized.
Last edited by Deliverme on Mar 22, 2024, 3:07:06 PM
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2024, 10:15:23 PM
I would be willing to bet only about 1% of the poe population cares about standard.

If you're population is less than 10% of the population you're not important ->refer to melee players.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
I would be willing to bet only about 1% of the poe population cares about standard.

If you're population is less than 10% of the population you're not important ->refer to melee players.

The developers did that to standard with their choices, it did not die off because its unpopular and that's before they nuked 10+ years of a lot of peoples savings there.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Mar 22, 2024, 3:40:57 PM
^To be fair....the developers did that to standard BECAUSE the players showed them, as a company, that they didn't care about standard. And VERY quickly at that. The original intent behind standard was actually much more important to the devs (as others have pointed out in related threads), but almost immediately upon the first few temporary leagues, the money spoke and players put their money almost entirely into league play and league packages. It is THIS that dictated GGG's rapid disengagement from Standard.

So, in essence, it really WAS the players that showed they didn't care about standard....even though GGG is far more technically culpable in its total downfall.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
^To be fair....the developers did that to standard BECAUSE the players showed them, as a company, that they didn't care about standard. And VERY quickly at that. The original intent behind standard was actually much more important to the devs (as others have pointed out in related threads), but almost immediately upon the first few temporary leagues, the money spoke and players put their money almost entirely into league play and league packages. It is THIS that dictated GGG's rapid disengagement from Standard.

So, in essence, it really WAS the players that showed they didn't care about standard....even though GGG is far more technically culpable in its total downfall.

Nah, GGG did this to standard and they don't get to blame the players in that way not in actual reality.

Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Mar 22, 2024, 4:01:18 PM
If standard players are spending less money on mtx then thats totally a reason. Look at melee skill mtx vs ranged skill mtx. One of the few melee skills that gets mtx is lightning strike/molten strike and lightning strike got to be op for a while and molten strike is carried by poison builds and stackers.

GGG doesn't cater to the 10% of people that play melee. Why would they cater to the 1% that play standard.
I only play Standard but even less these days because of too many changes ruining builds that used to be viable and having to start over, even in Standard. I stopped playing leagues back when they showed they can just take away progress after a league is done. I saw no point after that. I played to begin with because I thought there was some sense of security in playing content and then seeing it again in Standard but obviously that's not the case.

People are hive-minded for the most part so they just play what's the norm within the community. In the same light, devs have to follow what the wave of people gravitate to so we're unfortunately left in the dark when it comes to Standard support. We get leagues re-implemented in Standard once, maybe twice a year if lucky and even less nowadays.

It never made sense to me how people play with overly nerfed gear on leagues anyway. They just don't view their character as something to build on over a long period of time but rather work on for maybe a month or two and then leave it behind. That whole mentality made no sense to me and makes me think there is something seriously wrong with this type of approach to character progression in an ARPG even if it's tradition at this point from D3, D4, PoE, etc. I stopped playing D4 as soon as I saw they are doing leagues because it meant my character I worked on in the D4 Standard/default league is worthless now.

In other games like Runescape, there is an incentive to actually continuously work on your character, almost indefinitely even after maxing with things like the completionist cape and the trimmed completionist cape. The whole fact that you're basically beta testing content and not even being paid is also odd to me but they don't view it that way apparently. That's my thinking anyway.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
[Removed by Support]

Farming the same thing over and over on a standard character with no new beginnings and no variety is the most bland boring thing I've ever heard of. People that like that type of play are interested in stuff like call of duty and fortnite where there is no progression you just hit the play button and you play. Poe is not a game like that.

This game has challenges to overcome every league, progress on new characters and new builds. You don't have to have ridiculous op gear to have fun. Some people like problem solving. Others like fortnite.
Last edited by Mousa_GGG on Mar 27, 2024, 6:09:15 PM
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

Its been a LONG time since GGG said anything about how many people play standard. For sure its a small number. But also for sure: that number is smaller still because GGG has show they give less than zero fucks about that mode.

Its classic GGG cognitive dissonance "we executed it badly/neglected it and it became unpopular therefore we don't need to acknowledge our mistakes and improve our execution"

Same as with Melee and Ruthless etc.

Personally I'd love for GGG to grow a pair and announce some minor QoL for standard... at least some stash management tools like a TAB search to highly all tabs that have something that matches. Or "mass delete" of selected items and "delete tab" functionality.

I bet even non standard players would like to occasionally find things for testing characters out before leagues or organizing their merged tabs.

Hell might even keep some of us Dad gamers who can't keep up the pace around.

BTW I have played almost as much standard this league as I have Affliction.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
Sorry i didnt read all that, when you accuse everyone of being hive minded i kind of lost interest.

Farming the same thing over and over on a standard character with no new beginnings and no variety is the most bland boring thing I've ever heard of. People that like that type of play are interested in stuff like call of duty and fortnite where there is no progression you just hit the play button and you play. Poe is not a game like that.

This game has challenges to overcome every league, progress on new characters and new builds. You don't have to have ridiculous op gear to have fun. Some people like problem solving. Others like fortnite.

Damn on the previous reply I expected you were just being sarcastic and didn't actually have such a self centered and non nuanced point of view.

Maybe its news to you but people don't necessarily play standard because they want to endlessly farm on a Lvl 100 fully min maxed character.

I would expect most of them play standard because they have Jobs and a life and can't fit a lvl100 fully min/maxed character into that WITHOUT STANDARD.

Its also silly to characterize a few table scraps of development or a tiny little bit of consideration or QoL as "catering to standard".
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info