So I MUST interact with the league mechanic every new map or zone in campaign.

I tend to do a quick look at the league stuff and then ignore it until I get my first character maybe into yellow maps. I am not real fast so that is 2 or 3 days by that time the smart people have basic guides on how the mechanic really works.

From what I have seen every zone stuff comes up you have to click on and if you don't you get random mods added.

Especially in the acts this is a pain, I already don't like having to grind a bunch of content that I have done before using some garbage skills until I get high enough level to get the skills I really want and maybe some 4 links.

I really don't want to have to do even more things that make no difference and slow me down from getting to content I want. At low level unless they are going to give me a tabula there is nothing I care about it will all be replaced.

On maps if it really gives enough stuff it might be worth it but there are times I am doing things that where I run scoured maps for fast completion. It would be really nice if there was a option to disable turn off the league mechanic. Others it was pretty easy to just run by the content and ignore it.
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2024, 4:59:44 AM
I'm kinda looking forward to this...

I'm already a slow first campaign guy and it gets slower every league. I wasn't even in maps day 1 last league. So this is a welcome addition imo.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
but there are times I am doing things that where I run scoured maps for fast completion

So even with scoured maps that dont have any map wide mods applied the game is still applying mods to certain mobs. I don't think this will be any different. We will just have some agency to adjust down or up if we want to.
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
"
but there are times I am doing things that where I run scoured maps for fast completion

So even with scoured maps that dont have any map wide mods applied the game is still applying mods to certain mobs. I don't think this will be any different. We will just have some agency to adjust down or up if we want to.

Running scoured is not so much because it is easier but I don't have to check for reflect or no mana or life regen etc etc. Now I again have to spend time checking stuff.
The mechanic is completely optional. You don't have to use the lantern when entering a new zone.

Notice how both the door and the lantern are seperately clickable: https://youtu.be/QLFeErq1vEI?t=1347

You can decide for yourself.
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I'm already a slow first campaign guy and it gets slower every league. I wasn't even in maps day 1 last league. So this is a welcome addition imo.

So you want to be even slower?
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 22, 2024, 9:14:07 AM
"
WaywornExile wrote:
The mechanic is completely optional. You don't have to use the lantern when entering a new zone.

Notice how both the door and the lantern are seperately clickable: https://youtu.be/QLFeErq1vEI?t=1347

You can decide for yourself.

Thanks if that is true all is good I got the impression from the q&a that if you did not click the lantern it assigned randomly.
Honestly, this is the biggest turn-off for me. I was considering to play just for the 'base' game, even if the new league mechanics would seem boring like I often do ignoring the new mechanics completely. But now you can't even really ignore it and it's always in your face. And it will potentially make the campaign even bigger borefest because you are forced to buff mobs with those modifiers. Before the announcement there was a 80% chance that I'll play the new league, now there's 20%. My expectations were low, but holy... GGG surely surprised me this time with the forced league mechanics.
NGL when I seen "campaign changes" yesterday the furst thing I thought "nah, it wont be anything people wanted, its gonna be some meaningless shit".
Well, I was right. If they would announce alternate way of leveling alts, campaign skip or anything in that nature it would bring more hype than any changes they shown yesterday.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 22, 2024, 9:37:17 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

So you want to be even slower?

I'm saying I don't give a flying fuck if I'm slower if something is new and interesting for me to interact with...
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info