Melee changes in Necropolis?

"
ReikaShikari wrote:
Lmao calling people "noobs" while playing the easy version of the game i mean any boss is easily clappable with 6 attempts LOL, However, it doesnt change the fact that melee balance is quite bad overall either you like it or not. Can it clear any content in the game ? yes. it sucks and it is clunky though.

The Hc Card thingy made me laugh again thanks

You need to learn waht noob means. Typical HC player. Cant even comprehend what was the point of my post. Literally in same post I said you need good gear, that costs decent chunk of currency. For casuals and NEWBIES (look for the definition of this word, you clearly dont know it) its hard to get enough currency for such gear.
"
Aynix wrote:

Sorry bud but no one cares about your "hc card". Game is not balanced around ur selfproclaimed hard mode.

i care a lot
"
Aynix wrote:
"
What the 'melee doesn't suck' crowd seems to be saying is if you want to play a melee build, you need to make a non-melee build to farm enough currency to play a melee build.

No, thats what YOU think. WHat makes you think you cannot farm currency on melee builds? Are you new to this game and you think that doing hardest content in the game is only way to make currency? Well, its not. In fact white maps in some situations can be more profitable than red maps.
Or perhaps you are one of those that refuse to do anything which is not most efficient way of doing it and you do not care about "having fun"?
It is not what I think. It is what you have said. I play a near zero range melee with Frenzy as my primary damaging strike. I play it because it is what I enjoy style-wise.

I am not one of those who says melee is broken. I simply would like it to get the same love that ranged sees.
"
I simply would like it to get the same love that ranged sees.

Yes it sure got a lot of love this patch. Especially TS.
How is there even argument about melee bad? It is obvious, that it indeed is bad(as in worse than alternatives). Can you play it in sc trade? Sure! Anything works there. Why even balance the game if the benchmark is a overbloated trade environment, where it almost does not matter what numbers are on the skill.

Main issue with melee are not the absolute numbers, but the QoL while playing it. Totems, mana + accuracy are just baaaad. Mana should restrict mainly casters, while accuracy should be only attack problem. Totem buffs are just straight up unfun design which makes everything worse. Slams got nuked from the orbit in 3.15 for absolutely no reason. Did they need nerf? Most likely, but the did not need whatever they have done with them.
GGG remove ancestral totem buffs and buff base gems instead. It is annoying to have to press:

4 warcries, totem, berserk, banner, bloodrage, focus, curse to cast a slam

result: 1/5th of normal build damage and 1/4th of POB dps for slam build in real scenario.
Wdm Slam got nuked? You mean the Slam rework with whole warcries, exertion on attacks etc? Personally I like that, at least it gives it some uniqueness.
Only thing I hate in melee is that damn totem being source of 50% of my DPS. Mana can be easily fixed with mana leech (its much easier to get mana leech with attacks than with spells) and for accuracy one item with T1 accuracy mod on it is pretty much enough to put you at 97-99%.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 23, 2024, 7:06:58 PM
Almost all non crit melee builds go PT, so you have to aim for 5k~ accuracy given the usual HP numbers. I don't think there is enough benefit going non-crit exerted slams(too many points on warcry stuff) over going crit based slams without the classic piano exert gameplay.

The new CtA gem puts warcries at 38 mana cost, which is not as easy to deal with given how many auras you have to run on a phys based slammer leaving <30 mana left. Let alone it introduces new problem with warbringer uptime, which you have to solve with some rage generation tech, so whenever CtA uses the warcries, it consumes the rage instead of gaining it so you get the 50% dmg boost. You will trigger 3-5 warcries with the CtA, so you have to solve BIG mana issues.

Warcries just have too many "pseudo" or "archaic" mechanics tied to them:
- number of exerted attacks(imho great)
- buff duration(imho ok)
- cooldown(why have long cooldown, so you have to spec like 80%+ warcry cdr)
- cast time(why have long cast time, so you need 70%+ warcry speed, I could see all warcries being instant without game breaking issues, when we already get these automation gems)
- mana cost(why the gems have so insane manacost and why do the support gems for warcries have insane multipliers)
- power(absolutely trash mechanic)

Some of this stuff needs/should be looked at, because as it stands right now, you are just spending insane amount of points on borderline MANDATORY QoL stuff. Making the whole playstyle not rewarding enough.

Why does Tawhoa Chosen not work properly with exerted slams? It makes that ascendancy absolutely useless for slams with warcries apart from yoinking FoW with forbidden flesh/flame.
GGG remove ancestral totem buffs and buff base gems instead. It is annoying to have to press:

result: 1/5th of normal build damage and 1/4th of POB dps for slam build in real scenario.
Last edited by Sameen_Shaw on Mar 23, 2024, 7:43:51 PM
I played slam build this league. I didnt bother with warcry speed, I didnt bother with warcry cdr, I didnt bother with instant warcries, I didnt go crit. I took 2 warcry wheels that are next to each other, 6 points(8 with masteries), and thats it.
Still was clearing T16 with 9-10k wisps realiably (altho before I Switched my stygian vise to HH it was ugly from time to time). People love to talk about what they need for best case scenario while never thinking if you even need all that shit for "regular mapping".
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 23, 2024, 8:04:26 PM
Basically melee lost warcries in 3.24 for most builds.

You either need to:
- trigger them to make them instant again (which has a a 3 socket cost that you cant afford because you will need lifetap, call to arms, and the warcry. Lifetap is mandatory because melee is low mana and the mana multiplier on call to arms is 200%)
- or you will manually cast (e.g. with numlock trick), but then get interrupted with a 0.8 second warcry time every x seconds. (or have to path out of the way to get warcry speed, but even 100% still interupts you for 0.4 seconds).

Even generals cry - you either get interrupted with non instant warcries (yuck) or you lose a 40% more damage multiplier to replace a useful support gem with automation support gem.
"
Aynix wrote:
I played slam build this league. I didnt bother with warcry speed, I didnt bother with warcry cdr, I didnt bother with instant warcries, I didnt go crit. I took 2 warcry wheels that are next to each other, 6 points(8 with masteries), and thats it.
Still was clearing T16 with 9-10k wisps realiably (altho before I Switched my stygian vise to HH it was ugly from time to time). People love to talk about what they need for best case scenario while never thinking if you even need all that shit for "regular mapping".

Your slam character literally has 80% war cry speed and 40% cdr and you are crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info