Melee changes in Necropolis?

The Amount of melee nerfs in the patch is absurd. Every single melee skill that was good I think got nerfed. Most of the best melee builds was turned dumpster tier. All Steel Skills Nerfed, Cry skills nerfed, Any melee that used an instant War Cry got nerfed. Any melee that used Projectiles got nerfed. It's really like WTF, out of the top 10 melee skills which makes up hardly any of the actual player base, I think every single one got nerfed.
As much as GGG devs enjoy taking shots at D4, at least that game has playable melee so there is that.

Guess if you wanna play melee you gotta pick another game, after all melee is 5% of the playerbase only according to baldemort himself.

The least they could do is not to make it any worse than it was and not ruin for people what has all the makings of a great league.
So Conner is saying the nerf to Call to Arms was a huge buff to mana stackers. You got to be kidding me. So once again melee takes a huge nerf so that casters can get a buff.....
Last edited by Valkaneer on Mar 22, 2024, 12:10:46 AM
Melee is more dead than the zombies in the walking dead.
Last edited by Ivanovv83 on Mar 22, 2024, 4:42:12 AM
Im so sick of that bs "Boneshatter is only viable melee skill!". Yeah, and TS is only viable Bow skill, right. I play melee every league and Boneshatter is last skill I would pick.
I hope melee wont get any changes, ever, so people will cry "meelee bad". Keeps my melee builds cheaper.
"
Valkaneer wrote:
The Amount of melee nerfs in the patch is absurd. Every single melee skill that was good I think got nerfed. Most of the best melee builds was turned dumpster tier. All Steel Skills Nerfed, Cry skills nerfed, Any melee that used an instant War Cry got nerfed. Any melee that used Projectiles got nerfed. It's really like WTF, out of the top 10 melee skills which makes up hardly any of the actual player base, I think every single one got nerfed.

Just came here to say that this seems to be the melee-focused patch in a long time, just not in the direction everyone expected it to. Also, cleave of rage got nerfed for some reason... I mean, the skill had 0.2-0.3% usage rate, so clearly a 40% nerf to its added aoe was necessary :)
"
hmcg020 wrote:
Oh they made changes alright!

I just had a look at what this patch's doing to my General's cry blade flurry character.

Need to slot in Call to arms support into my main damage links. So, I'm losing a support gem to gain a 200% more mana cost multiplier. Oh, and they're taking away mana cost reduction craft.

Then they removed warcries exert attacks. So, I lost another 50% more damage multipler.

Then I also need another gem slot for automation so I can use molten shell.

So i'm losing
- 45% more damage multiplier from gem slot
- 50% more damage multiplier from exerted attacks and berserk tree
- 1 aura to support automation for molten shell - at least 13% more lost

I gained
- 200% More mana cost for general's cry

I noticed. Melee got nerfed for sure which in light of other many positive changes to the game is a real bitch slap in the face.
Last edited by Glorfndel01 on Mar 22, 2024, 5:04:50 AM
Melee is fine if you hve the funds.

What makes Boneshatter so great for 'most people', is that the skill scales itself, which reduces the gear requirements on a league starter. But we all know Boneshatter falls off a cliff when it comes to scaling REAL endgame single target damage.

I still think melee as a whole needs a LOT og QoL changes, less totems, more damage on 'most' skills and easier scaling (less gear requirements) in certain stages of the game.

But melee is more than playable if you're willing to spit in some currency.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
Then they removed warcries exert attacks. So, I lost another 50% more damage multipler.

You misread the notes. What was the call to arms keystone now does something else: if you want to Exert attacks it can't be with an instant Warcry.

GGG probably felt that being able to Exert reliably without an animation (and therefore no interruption) was functionally just free damage and therefore not intended gameplay.
"
Obyrith wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:

You misread the notes. What was the call to arms keystone now does something else: if you want to Exert attacks it can't be with an instant Warcry.

GGG probably felt that being able to Exert reliably without an animation (and therefore no interruption) was functionally just free damage and therefore not intended gameplay.

What????? Felt reliable Exerts was free damage? That's the way it has been for years, and it's been dumpster tier damage. What are you talking about? Even if it lined up Exerts for maximum damage potential it still wouldn't be stronger than the far more powerful non-slam builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info